2021 Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

If the NY COVID requirements allow, any region in NY can accommodate tube first round of play. Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, the capital district, and NYC/LI could fit the bill. Each city should have hotels, too. Maybe Cuomo needs a call from the NCAA...

Syracuse as a 7 seed isn't the worst thing in the world at this time of year. I don't think the home/away portion matters anymore since all games will be at a neutral venue. With so many conference games now being played (especially in the ACC), wonder how much things will shift over the next few weeks. SU rooting for "chalk" at this point, signs of chaos could exist in the Patriot League (do Loyola or Navy make a run?) and in the Big 10 Tournament. Denver in the habit of losing in the Big East tournament might derail things as well.

Syracuse as a 7 seed isn't the worst thing in the world at this time of year. I don't think the home/away portion matters anymore since all games will be at a neutral venue. With so many conference games now being played (especially in the ACC), wonder how much things will shift over the next few weeks. SU rooting for "chalk" at this point, signs of chaos could exist in the Patriot League (do Loyola or Navy make a run?) and in the Big 10 Tournament. Denver in the habit of losing in the Big East tournament might derail things as well.

SU would have to essentially lose out to miss the NCAA tourney this season with no IVY and the B10 being a 2 bid league barring a conf tourney upset which seems unlikely as Maryland is just way way to good at this point.

The Big East is likely a 2 bid league if G-town keeps beating everyone but Denver. Denver does have a bad habit of being upset in the tourney but it seems highly unlikely a team outside of Denver or G-town would win the Conf tourney.

The on potential problem is the Patriot, however, it is likely those teams will continue to beat each other up. Loyola is 5-3 and while they did beat Navy last week still has to play Army, Navy again and G-town. Navy lost a bunch of games due to COVID and hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse yet. They have Lehigh, Loyola and Army coming up and then Lafayette. They probably have to win out to have any real shot at an at large or at least 3-1 with a good size tourney run. Army and Lehigh both appear to be in good shape for an at large. Army has Loyola, Boston U and Navy for its last three games. Lehigh's schedule hasn't been overly difficult but they did beat Loyola and Army. They have 5 game left but the only one with consequence is Navy this Sat and to a lesser extend Nova at the end of the season.

From an SU standpoint I would continue to root for Army and Lehigh to pile up the wins while Navy and Loyola fall to the side. SU would also do well to pick up a few wins itself and it wouldn't be the worst idea for SU to schedule another mid-level game with a team like Hobart who should be a top 20 team and was begging SU for a game when the season started.

SU would have to essentially lose out to miss the NCAA tourney this season with no IVY and the B10 being a 2 bid league barring a conf tourney upset which seems unlikely as Maryland is just way way to good at this point.

The Big East is likely a 2 bid league if G-town keeps beating everyone but Denver. Denver does have a bad habit of being upset in the tourney but it seems highly unlikely a team outside of Denver or G-town would win the Conf tourney.

The on potential problem is the Patriot, however, it is likely those teams will continue to beat each other up. Loyola is 5-3 and while they did beat Navy last week still has to play Army, Navy again and G-town. Navy lost a bunch of games due to COVID and hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse yet. They have Lehigh, Loyola and Army coming up and then Lafayette. They probably have to win out to have any real shot at an at large or at least 3-1 with a good size tourney run. Army and Lehigh both appear to be in good shape for an at large. Army has Loyola, Boston U and Navy for its last three games. Lehigh's schedule hasn't been overly difficult but they did beat Loyola and Army. They have 5 game left but the only one with consequence is Navy this Sat and to a lesser extend Nova at the end of the season.

From an SU standpoint I would continue to root for Army and Lehigh to pile up the wins while Navy and Loyola fall to the side. SU would also do well to pick up a few wins itself and it wouldn't be the worst idea for SU to schedule another mid-level game with a team like Hobart who should be a top 20 team and was begging SU for a game when the season started.

I still feel like, and this of course is with not knowing what's going to happen with other teams, that we have to win 1 more ACC game. This of course is assuming they beat Albany/Utah. Interesting note about adding another game, looking at the schedule it would have to be mid-week which is when they usually play Hobart but I don't know that doesn't seem like a Desko move to me.

Bite your tongue. :p

I still feel like, and this of course is with not knowing what's going to happen with other teams, that we have to win 1 more ACC game. This of course is assuming they beat Albany/Utah. Interesting note about adding another game, looking at the schedule it would have to be mid-week which is when they usually play Hobart but I don't know that doesn't seem like a Desko move to me.
Not to cause any more panic on this forum but I believe the Utah game is going to be cancelled. In the past week I've noticed that Utah has removed the game from their schedule. A friend of mine has a son on the Utah team who indicated to me earlier that he didn't believe it was going to happen. If so, we definitely have to beat Albany and another ACC at a minimum. We probably need Albany and 2 ACC wins though.

Not to cause any more panic on this forum but I believe the Utah game is going to be cancelled. In the past week I've noticed that Utah has removed the game from their schedule. A friend of mine has a son on the Utah team who indicated to me earlier that he didn't believe it was going to happen. If so, we definitely have to beat Albany and another ACC at a minimum. We probably need Albany and 2 ACC wins though.

If the Utah game is canceled (certainly could be), SU will surely try and schedule a replacement

Just checked and the SU game is no longer listed on Utah website so it seems that the game is no longer.

Just checked and the SU game is no longer listed on Utah website so it seems that the game is no longer.

Interesting and I see Utah is scheduled to play UVA soon. Well if that Saturday is no open than yeah they def need to schedule someone else.

This would have bene their 6th trip East this season?

That would be a bummer about Utah. Wonder who SU could schedule at that late juncture of the season? I imagine they would want someone on the same level as Utah. Hobart would be fit the bill in a lot of ways but the NEC Championship is schedule for May 8th (date of Utah game right now).

That would be a bummer about Utah. Wonder who SU could schedule at that late juncture of the season? I imagine they would want someone on the same level as Utah. Hobart would be fit the bill in a lot of ways but the NEC Championship is schedule for May 8th (date of Utah game right now).

Everyone else's tournament is that weekend.

We could play an Independent. Cleveland St ?

Interesting and I see Utah is scheduled to play UVA soon. Well if that Saturday is no open than yeah they def need to schedule someone else.

Hopefully someone will ask Desko at today's PC but I won't hold my breath.

Everyone else's tournament is that weekend.

We could play an Independent. Cleveland St ?

Ya our options will be severely limited. Its essentially Robert Morris, Cle State or Utah. Obviously we had Utah so now were down to Cle State or Robert Morris, or a school that misses the cut for its conf tourney but not sure you wanna go that route.

From purely size standpoint obvious choices seem like Syracuse, Navy and Maryland. Towson also has a pretty good size stadium. But depending on how many fans are allowed at said games there may not be a need for 4 large venues.

Both Loyola and Navy lost again, both need to win the conf tourney to get in and are done for at large chances. OSU beat Hop but at 3-4 there a long shot for an at large unless they best Maryland and get to the B10 title game. From an SU standpoint pretty success weekend, Vermont and SB beat cupcakes, Army won and UVA won, that win will go a long way.

Both Loyola and Navy lost again, both need to win the conf tourney to get in and are done for at large chances. OSU beat Hop but at 3-4 there a long shot for an at large unless they best Maryland and get to the B10 title game. From an SU standpoint pretty success weekend, Vermont and SB beat cupcakes, Army won and UVA won, that win will go a long way.
Agreed. Good weekend for us. We need to play well and competitively down the stretch - definitely want to win at least 1 of 3 ACC games. Losing badly and going 0-3 could be dangerous to say nothing of bad playoff seeding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom