2021 Bracketology | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

Syracuse is probably the most vulnerable of the five ACC teams, but that’s nothing a couple more league victories couldn’t solve. That, of course, is easier said than done against North Carolina and at Virginia and Notre Dame. …

Syracuse unseeded vs Army(8)

I know it is not about the best teams making the tournament. The thought of Stony Brook who we destroyed getting into the field and us missing out if we have a bunch of close losses to ACC competition is maddening. Take care of business and win 2 at least 1.

We definitely need one more win, if we lose out were not making the tourney.

Are you assuming they don't schedule a replacement game for Utah? I think 6-6 would still be okay, but from a practical standpoint, you simply want this team to play better, if they do in-fact get an invite.

If they are going to schedule an end of season game it would be good to do that soon. If they go 0-3 these next three games, then schedule a game just to get to .500, I don't think that would look good to the commute. Plus, the teams you're looking to schedule might just want the season to be over if they don't have anything to play for. And look at Holy Cross and the Delaware women's team - these teams might not be taking the right precautions and the game might be canceled anyway.

Are you assuming they don't schedule a replacement game for Utah? I think 6-6 would still be okay, but from a practical standpoint, you simply want this team to play better, if they do in-fact get an invite.

If they are going to schedule an end of season game it would be good to do that soon. If they go 0-3 these next three games, then schedule a game just to get to .500, I don't think that would look good to the commute. Plus, the teams you're looking to schedule might just want the season to be over if they don't have anything to play for. And look at Holy Cross and the Delaware women's team - these teams might not be taking the right precautions and the game might be canceled anyway.

Yes, I was going off of the assumption they did not re-schedule the Utah game. I do believe they ultimately will re-schedule the game, at this point I think its critical even if they do win a few of the upcoming games. Unfortunately their hands might be tied for a few opponents as they have to wait until they are officially eliminated from making their conference tourney before scheduling the game. It does seem odd to me that SU has already ruled out a home game to replace Utah but maybe that was done purposefully for some reason. Robert Morris seems like the most logical option but not sure why we would play there versus the Dome. Gate makes a ton of sense especially as a roadie but who knows if they want to play. I know Bart was really looking to schedule a game back in January but they only need to win once over the next three weeks to make the NEC tourney (May 6th and 8th), can't see them not making it.

I assume Hobart would be up for a mid week game but if your SU do you really want to play Hobart on a Tue or Wed in between say the UNC game and ND?

One thing SU could try to do and this would take moving a mountain to say the least, but they could see about moving the ND game back a week. All of the ACC is off the sat of the 8th. Hobart does not have a scheduled game right now after the 24th. Assuming their not making up a PPD game we could play Bart on the 1st and then ND the following week. This seems unlikely due to the ACC schedule and TV rights/obligations etc but is in theory a possibility.

The last potential and one that might work if both teams are up for it would be for SU to play a team on Monday or Tuesday following the ND finale on 5/1. Now obviously a team like Bart probably doesn't want to play Syracuse a few days before their conference tourney but again in theory SU could play ND on 5/1 and then on Monday the 3rd or Tuesday the 4th take on a team like Hobart. Again highly unlikely for multiple reasons but if a team like Hobart wanted to get another game in badly enough its a possibility be it remote.

Not a lot of easy options if we can't get a team for the 8th like Robert Morris an indy or a Colgate who missed their conf tourney.

If a .500 record gets us in the tourney, we’ll need another game.

Syracuse still in US Lacrosse's Bracketology, as unseeded against 6 seed Lehigh -

Right now, Syracuse seems to be pretty clearly behind the group of Denver/Georgetown/Rutgers/Army, and ahead of Drexel as the last team in. The Orange have a Top 5 RPI win while the Dragons have two Top 20 wins, a better RPI and Coaches’ Poll ranking, though their win percentage is 20% worse.

1619131593056.png

Some of you who follow Fanlax are probably familiar with the below prognosticator, but figured I would share it here since he is always the first to publish anything related to bracket predictions. Most of his bracketologies have been very close or even identical to what's been produced by US Lacrosse and IL, and he's pretty comprehensive. The big takeaway is that as of now, and lots could change, but Syracuse has a seed.

Some of you who follow Fanlax are probably familiar with the below prognosticator, but figured I would share it here since he is always the first to publish anything related to bracket predictions. Most of his bracketologies have been very close or even identical to what's been produced by US Lacrosse and IL, and he's pretty comprehensive. The big takeaway is that as of now, and lots could change, but Syracuse has a seed.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the Rutgers fanbase lack of knowledge on seeding and getting into the tourney is astounding.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the Rutgers fanbase lack of knowledge on seeding and getting into the tourney is astounding.
Do you mean to tell me it's not as simple as only beating teams with a below .500 record, bada bing, bada boom, get the 2 overall seed??

How about something like:
1) Maryland
2) Duke
3) Lehigh
4) UNC
5) Notre Dame
6) Virginia
7) Rutgers
8) Syracuse
9) Georgetown
10) Denver

How about something like:
1) Maryland
2) Duke
3) Lehigh
4) UNC
5) Notre Dame
6) Virginia
7) Rutgers
8) Syracuse
9) Georgetown
10) Denver
While there are still games to be played, I think if you drew the field as of today, there is no way Rutgers is seeded ahead of SU. B1G bias, maybe? ;)

I threw together the stats below. While RU has a nice record, SU has 2 Top 5 wins, 2 Top 10 wins, 2 Top 20 wins, and 4 Top 30 wins. Amazingly , RU has none. They barely have 2 Top 40 wins, based on the weakness of the B1G this year.

Based on this, RPI, and SOS, there is just no way RU would be seeded over SU. In fact, I find it hard to believe they would be seeded at all. They would probably need to win the B1GT, beating MD in one of the games, to even have a chance at being seeded.

Just MO.

Syracuse6-4Rutgers8-2
RPIRPI
Army
8​
LPSU
45​
W
Virginia
4​
WOSU
38​