2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

Oh my Gosh. Cant wait to see the Dazler 2 stepping

What a massive downgrade for UVa here. Surprised they didn’t give Hagans a shot. Elliott has made a number of strange decisions early.

Wonder if that opens a door to poach Hagans and bring him here? Probably not but ya never know.

Almost as if this chain of decisions is a continuation of the decisions he made which resulted in the cratering of Clemons offense, despite top 5 recruiting classes right gbo ?
Hagans was one of the first to be announced as being retained. I think it's safe to assume that he's at least "OK with the idea" of remaining as WR coach. The quality of UVa's WR corps is viewed as a direct result of Hagans' coaching. One person on our board called him our first to have the FBP position like Keytaon Thompson (#99, who has announced he's returning BTW), when he was put on the field as a WR and kick returner while Matt Schaub's understudy, just to get him on the field. He was a WR in the pros. Lamb is viewed as an up-and-comer, an outstanding QB while at Appalachian State.

670135CE-FB07-4C14-B524-4590B29409A9.jpeg

I think Elliott at UVa is basically hiring straight up recruiters and heeds to the philosophy of talent overcoming teaching / development.

He's probably going to land some strong classes, but will that translate to wins remains to be seen.

I think Elliott at UVa is basically hiring straight up recruiters and heeds to the philosophy of talent overcoming teaching / development.

He's probably going to land some strong classes, but will that translate to wins remains to be seen.
It looks like way.

I am glad I am not a Hoo fan.

There's a saying in coaching, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop". You always have to "coach up" whoever you have on your roster. But I'd love to have better recruiting classes and see if that translates to more wins.

Has the recent Syracuse method of recruiting translated into wins lately?

Syracuse fans keep applauding whenever we beat out Temple, UMass, or Villanova for a player. Then the same fans wonder why we aren't able to compete with the upper half of the ACC on Saturdays.

Did not work for the coach before bronco.

There's a saying in coaching, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop". You always have to "coach up" whoever you have on your roster. But I'd love to have better recruiting classes and see if that translates to more wins.

Has the recent Syracuse method of recruiting translated into wins lately?

Syracuse fans keep applauding whenever we beat out Temple, UMass, or Villanova for a player. Then the same fans wonder why we aren't able to compete with the upper half of the ACC on Saturdays.
They all want the best players. Succeeding at it is the challenge SU has. They're selling a losing product.

I'm not too sure you can say this. Garrett Tujague (Coach 2J) was Bronco's OL coach and the improvement in their play compared to the previous regime is directly credited to him. Marques Hagans is in his 3rd regime as the WR coach. All the coaches' bio talk about the players they've developed. Des Kitchings was the RB Coach at NC State for 8 years along the way. John Rudzinski was at the AF Academy for 14 years, last serving as their DC. Yes, we've got two former UVa players from our defense, Chris Slade (coaching DEs) is in his first college job after being the HC at a private school in Atlanta and Clint Sintim (coaching LBs) was on Bronco's staff starting in 2020.

The big difference (to the great delight of the Vahjenyans on our board), is this staff has been able to get more in-state players. There could have been a prejudice at work under Bronco. I find it hard to believe that Bronco's staff wanted to get OOS players more than in-state ones. I really do believe that there were a significant number of HS coaches who didn't like the fact that the staff was from west of the Mississippi, just like they worked against having their players go to UVa during Al Groh's regime. After what they did to Groh, and to some extent Mike London, I wouldn't give a VA high school coach the right time of day.

Lots of shuffling of deck chairs with all the lateral moves this year.

I see Travis Greene is still making off campus recruiting visits for Syracuse. Did we ever make the Johnson hiring official or is it still just the Thamel tweet?

was at rutgers twice. He was bad during Ash era but they had no good players

He had some success with RU in 2007 and 2008. Been bouncing from job to job every since.

Our new WR coach has a lot better resume.

Surprised BC would go with a guy like this but he is apparently the best person they could afford.

If Outten goes to Denver with Hackett it makes a ton of sense for Doug to be OL coach right?

If Outten goes to Denver with Hackett it makes a ton of sense for Doug to be OL coach right?
I think it is a possible destination.

I would also keep an eye on where Bill O'Brien ends up. Bill and Doug are really tight, as are their wives, who were roommates at BC.

Guessing all four are going to be in New England shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom