2021 MLB Season | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Oh yeah I meant fill mine out and post it. I will do that tonight. Just glancing at yours quickly, I know we agree on Acuna, Perez, Posey, Castellanos, Xander, Semien, Tatis Jr and Vlad Jr. I will have to review the stats on the others but they look good. I tend to lose track a bit on some of the guys if they aren't on one of my fantasy teams.
Trout and Buxton would have been obvious choices, but not enough plate appearances.

There are some tough choices this year. I could have gone three different ways at third base in the American League, also in the American League outfield.
View attachment 202293
Turner probably won’t even make the NL team. Bryant is running away with the fan vote and Arenado is a shoo-in to back him up.

There are some tough choices this year. I could have gone three different ways at third base in the American League, also in the American League outfield.
View attachment 202293
Ended up agreeing on most. I went with Rafael Devers over Jose Ramirez at AL 3B and I threw Aaron Judge in the OF instead on Canha. You're right that Trout and Buxton would be there if healthy.

In the NL, I had Kris Bryant at 3rd and Ryan McMahon at 2nd.

Last edited:
The umpire stoped DeGrom to check him after the first inning. DeGrom was like "check my cap, my glove, my belt, whatever you want. I'm just that good."

The Call-Up: Wander Franco

“Scouting Report: Franco is clearly the best prospect in baseball. He’s a tier above the other elite hitting prospects. It’s more fair to compare him to recent number one prospects. He’s not quite as explosive a hitter as Vlad Jr., although his path through the minors was similarly brief and dominant and showed the same markers of an elite approach and hit tool. He doesn’t have Ronald Acuña’s power/speed combo, although he’s a perfectly fine runner and has added enough physical strength—check out that shot of him on the field in cutoff sleeves after the Rays won last year’s ALCS—that I wouldn’t be shocked if he hits 30 home runs now and again, especially given the recent improvements in his right-handed swing. Unlike Vlad and Acuña, we’ve never officially given him an OFP 80, and the window for us to do that is now closed, one supposes, but he could be one of the five best hitters in baseball pretty darn quickly. It’s a 3/4/5 type offensive profile, paired with the ability to play shortstop for at least a bit, and I’d expect him to eventually be above-average at second. A scout once told me that the shortest reports he writes are 2s and 8s. You can guess which one we think Franco is.”

Rays SS Wander Franco is off to a hot start! Best prospect in baseball. He could give that already strong team an enormous boost if he proves to be ready.

Nice to see this. Trey is one of the best first half stories but I think a bit overlooked because the Orioles stink

I won’t make light of their cheating, but the Astros have demonstrated they can hit without the trash cans; 127 wRC+ coming into today. Wow!

Went to the Jays-Orioles game yesterday in Buffalo. Pretty neat experience, watching a non-exhibition MLB game in my hometown.

Vladdy Jr. went deep, which was cool. Dude looks like he's having so much fun playing the game.

If Jay Williams is looking for a new podcast partner:

There haven't been any players with last names BEGINNING with X. But yeah, as an announcer, you have to say things correctly. What you might have meant doesn't count. Especially when Greg Maddux had so many great seasons for the team Chip announces for.

There haven't been any players with last names BEGINNING with X. But yeah, as an announcer, you have to say things correctly. What you might have meant doesn't count. Especially when Greg Maddux had so many great seasons for the team Chip announces for.
And Bobby Cox was a player before he was a manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom