2021 MLB Season | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

From Axios Sports: 40 individual MLB players will make more money this season than the entire Orioles 26-man roster, which is being paid a grand total of $19.5 million.

The suggestion is that under GM Mike Elias they're following the Astros "tanking" model from a decade ago, where Elias was asst GM.

That's quite a coincidence because it seems the Os have been tanking for about a decade.

Last Baltimore victory was 8/2 @ the Yankees. The O's have lost 18 in a row, 17 of them by at least 2 runs. Saw this too late and didn't bet it, since the day I go against them they'll win. Would have cleaned up taking the run line (the only value going against this big a dog) for the first 16 games of the streak. Finally had a 1 run loss this past Saturday. Some books are now making the run line vs. Baltimore -2.5, so that would have lost Sunday.

My fantasy team needed that Eovaldi win. Suckhole Barnes blows it.

Least the Sox could do at that point was lose the game. Bunch of jerks.

My fantasy team needed that Eovaldi win. Suckhole Barnes blows it.

Least the Sox could do at that point was lose the game. Bunch of jerks.
Luckily for Boston the NYY castoff came in and bailed them out. Barnes is leaking oil in a big way. Maybe he and Whitlock can change roles.

I was five when the Yankees lost to the Dodgers in 1981. I remember being devastated, but I don’t remember any game action. I do recall the pictures in Sports Illustrated.

My Mariners with a big win over the A's tonight. 30th comeback win. 3 back in wild card. 5 1/2 back of Astros
Ty France has been hot. Haniger and Seager with 29 and 27 hrs respectively. Going to my 5th game Tuesday, so far I'm 0-4

Last edited:
I was five when the Yankees lost to the Dodgers in 1981. I remember being devastated, but I don’t remember any game action. I do recall the pictures in Sports Illustrated.

Actually, I had just turned 8 when the World Series started. For some reason I had Fernando-mania as 80, but that was the Phillies, which I don't remember but hear about all the time (married into a Phillies diehard family).

In hindsight, I'm glad the strike didn't turn me off to the sport that year.

Me too. Orioles-Phlllies in 1983 is probably the first one I can remember. I was 7.

1 year younger, so 1984 Tigers-Padres is the first one I can remember seeing on the TV.

Me too. Orioles-Phlllies in 1983 is probably the first one I can remember. I was 7.
Actually my first recollection of the World Series was back in 1946 listening on the radio when Enos "Country" Slaughter scored all the way from first base on a single and the Cardinals beat the Red Sox in the seventh game of the WS. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom