2021 MLB Season | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

1988 for me. Arguably one of the greatest events in the history of western civilization[(c) Bill Walton] IMO.
You will always get a like from me when you use that Walton reference.

I was five when the Yankees lost to the Dodgers in 1981. I remember being devastated, but I don’t remember any game action. I do recall the pictures in Sports Illustrated.
1982 for me. My dad let me stay up to see Sutter make the last out.

1 year younger, so 1984 Tigers-Padres is the first one I can remember seeing on the TV.
I remember the Cubs blowing it against the Padres and being happy about it. I was eight, so six when the Cards won it.

Actually my first recollection of the World Series was back in 1946 listening on the radio when Enos "Country" Slaughter scored all the way from first base on a single and the Cardinals beat the Red Sox in the seventh game of the WS. ;)
The Mad Dash.

The Mets are a freakin embarrassment. Uncle Steve needs to make major moves this off-season.

Mariners pick up a half game in wild card standings on an off day. 2.5 back...
Dodgers and Padres tied at one in the 13th. These two teams play each other frequently on ESPN night game.

Buehler, Scherzer, Urias, and Kershaw...

There’s just no days off for an opponent there in a playoff series. If we can get Kershaw back and up to speed, and Mookie can stay in the lineup...you just never know in baseball, but I like our team better than anyone else’s.

Buehler, Scherzer, Urias, and Kershaw...

There’s just no days off for an opponent there in a playoff series. If we can get Kershaw back and up to speed, and Mookie can stay in the lineup...you just never know in baseball, but I like our team better than anyone else’s.
1630559215590.jpeg

In first. As stated

View attachment 205335
In first. As stated
Man, I am fired up for this weekend series.

Im just amazed that Buehler and Max NEVER have a bad outing. Like, every game is 7 IP and 2 runs at the most.

And Jansen had one horrific week and has responded incredibly well. If he can keep this up through the playoffs...man.

Man, I am fired up for this weekend series.

Im just amazed that Buehler and Max NEVER have a bad outing. Like, every game is 7 IP and 2 runs at the most.

And Jansen had one horrific week and has responded incredibly well. If he can keep this up through the playoffs...man.
Entire team sans Bellinger is hitting stride at exactly the right time.

If I ever see Alex Spier of the Boston Globe, I am going to punch him in the mouth, Two outs in the 9th. Sox up by 2, he sends out a note, with a runner on first, that Adam O had seen more hitters without giving up a HR than any Red Sox pitcher ever. next pitch...tie game.

Mookie Betts up as the tying run in the 9th - ump strikes him out with strike 3 obviously off the plate. Strike 1 was also obviously off the plate.

If everyone watching on TV knows if it’s a ball or strike, it’s pretty ridiculous to not use that technology to get the calls correct.

Mookie Betts up as the tying run in the 9th - ump strikes him out with strike 3 obviously off the plate. Strike 1 was also obviously off the plate.

If everyone watching on TV knows if it’s a ball or strike, it’s pretty ridiculous to not use that technology to get the calls correct.
Baseball insists on making the least subjective call in their sport highly subjective.

Umpires union or something?

The Seattle Mariners deserve much more positive press for what they've accomplished so far this season.
3 games back in wildcard by themselves!!! Kyle Seager's having a Kingman-esque type year. Batting .220, but 33 hrs and 93 rbi.

The Seattle Mariners deserve much more positive press for what they've accomplished so far this season.

Their villain GM is playing the Margaret Whitton role

Baseball insists on making the least subjective call in their sport highly subjective.

Umpires union or something?
It’s extra frustrating because the guy was having trouble finding the plate. He’d already walked a batter (and was behind 2-0 on Turner when he popped up) and he would’ve walked Mookie too with correct calls on pitches that really weren’t all that close. If he walks Mookie, who knows?

Im extra annoyed because the umps already cost us that one Giants game by getting the check swing call wrong that should’ve ended the game. That game is the difference between first and second place right now. It’s the difference in the season series(10-9 Giants). When things are this close, they’ve gotta get these things right.

The Royals aren't good so I doubt it's getting much attention, but Salvador Perez is having quite a year and has been insane lately. Now he's been DHing instead of catching more, but still.

41 HRs
102 RBI
130 OPS+
4.9 WAR

Covid is making the Sox run out a spring training line-up every day this week. It's beyond ridiculous.

Covid is making the Sox run out a spring training line-up every day this week. It's beyond ridiculous.
First, they didn't hit the 85% mark that just about every other team did. they brought this on themselves. I'm sure some of the guys that are out are vaccinated but it put the team at a competitive disadvantage. Second, I would like to know how many people besides me knew Adam O would give up a HR to Cruz?
The other thing is ..I'm sorry...I can't stand Cora. I know it's against the rules to not love him but his in game managing I think sucks. His team swings out of the zone more than any other. They run the bases like they are drunk. They need wins and they could have won Sunday but they played it like it was a game that didn't count. Saving the best relievers for today. How did that work out Alex?

Last edited:
First, they didn't hit the 85% mark that just about every other team did. they brought this on themselves. I'm sure some of the guys that are out are vaccinated but it put the team at a competitive disadvantage. Second, I would like to know how many people besides me knew Adam O would give up a HR to Cruz?
The other thing is ..I'm sorry...I can't stand Cora. I know it's against the rules to not love him but his in game managing I think sucks. His team swings out of the zone more than any other. They run the bases like they are drunk. They need wins and they could have won Sunday but they played it like it was a game that didn't count. Saving the best relievers for today. How did that work out Alex?
Sam Kennedy uses Cora as a shield.
He thinks the fanbase loves Cora.
Red Sox management i.e Kennedy screwed the team at the trade deadline. He didn’t let the GM invest in the team. They didn’t want to win this year. They just wanted people to go the games.
The Globe is throwing dirt at Belichick taking what he said out of context about Covid Vaccines while ignoring the Red Sox have had a giant cluster because the players aren’t all vaccinated.

Shank Shaughnessy is the worst.

Sam Kennedy uses Cora as a shield.
He thinks the fanbase loves Cora.
Red Sox management i.e Kennedy screwed the team at the trade deadline. He didn’t let the GM invest in the team. They didn’t want to win this year. They just wanted people to go the games.
The Globe is throwing dirt at Belichick taking what he said out of context about Covid Vaccines while ignoring the Red Sox have had a giant cluster because the players aren’t all vaccinated.

Shank Shaughnessy is the worst.
Enough about Sam Kennedy. He is on the business side. And Bloom didn't want to invest in the team. My cousin,as I have told you, works for the Red Sox so I get a lot of info. The price at the deadline was very high this year. But not too high that they couldn't have picked up a set up man. Rizzo did nothing for me so I didn't care about that. I'm more upset with the way Cora goes about his business. They have acted like they had a big lead to get in to the playoffs. And Bill B deserved anything he took from that ridiculous statement. I heard it. He said what he said. His crap stinks like all of us.
Oh, and one more thing. They should never have let Orsillo go. It is torture to hear Ryan do a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom