2021 MLB Season | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

The Royals aren't good so I doubt it's getting much attention, but Salvador Perez is having quite a year and has been insane lately. Now he's been DHing instead of catching more, but still.

41 HRs
102 RBI
130 OPS+
4.9 WAR

Hate that guy! In a four game series vs Seattle a couple weeks ago he went 7-17 with a homer in each game, grand slams in consecutive games, and 12 rbi.

Covid is making the Sox run out a spring training line-up every day this week. It's beyond ridiculous.
That Sucks The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Kyle Farnsworth getting rightfully killed on Twitter for this awful tweet re: cancer survivor Trey Mancini.

Kyle Farnsworth getting rightfully killed on Twitter for this awful tweet re: cancer survivor Trey Mancini.

Now he is claiming it wasn't about Mancini. Seems like a backtrack to me. Uh yeah might be time to just be quiet Kyle.

Now he is claiming it wasn't about Mancini. Seems like a backtrack to me. Uh yeah might be time to just be quiet Kyle.
He's ridiculous. His original tweet specifically said player singular.

AL wildcard race is drunk.
Red Sox
Yankees
Blue Jays
Mariners
A’s.

I think the Blue Jays schedule is going to get them in unless the Rays really try against them.
Boston goes to Seattle to next week as long as they aren’t swept they should outlast America’s Mariners.
Yankees are interesting. They were hot and now cooled off.

I think Toronto will finish with the first wild card and no idea who gets second.
Boston has 9 games left Orioles and Nationals.
Seattle really needs a sweep against Boston next week.
New York-Boston series won’t really do anything unless one team sweeps the other.
Playing H2H doesn’t really help unless you sweep.
The Blue Jays series with the Yankees is showing that. 3 for 3 thus far for Toronto. I can’t remember the last time the Yankees were swept in a 4 games series at home.

The Blue Jays series with the Yankees is showing that. 3 for 3 thus far for Toronto. I can’t remember the last time the Yankees were swept in a 4 games series at home.

Kept scrolling through Yankees seasons on Baseballreference.com until I got the answer. May 22-25, 2003 vs. the Toronto Blue Jays. Pitching W/L were Halladay over Pettitte, Escobar over Mussina, Lidle over Wells, and Davis over Weaver.

The Royals aren't good so I doubt it's getting much attention, but Salvador Perez is having quite a year and has been insane lately. Now he's been DHing instead of catching more, but still.

41 HRs
102 RBI
130 OPS+
4.9 WAR

Today on the Effectively Wild podcast, they mentioned that Perez is a polarizing figure regarding defense. He has a reputation for being a good defensive catcher and has won gold gloves. The metrics suggest that he is bad. The big difference is that he does well in traditional measures like blocking balls and throwing out runners, but is among the worst in pitch framing (a skill organizations have begun to value over anything else). His WAR is about two points higher at Baseball Reference than it is at Fangraphs and Baseball Prospectus because the former does not include pitch framing in its WAR calculations.

I have no point to make other than that I find it interesting.

The sox have to find a way to win 4 of the next 6 games. Actually, won't be unhappy with 3. After that, the schedule is home and Balt and Washington. if they can stay in the top two spots over the next 6 games, a spot will be theirs to lose.

It was only a matter of time.

Red Sox leadership not getting this chit taken care of is amazing.
Good job Cora.

Red Sox leadership not getting this chit taken care of is amazing.
Good job Cora.
I would love to know exactly what they can do. They have dumbasses that are below the 85% vaccination rate. They can't make them get the vaccinations thanks to the MLB players assoc. And also i guess, the U.S. constitution. I guess personal freedom is more important than winning. I support getting rid of any player that wasn't vaccinated this year. I don't care who it is. If it is a good player, you can get a lot in return.

Check out the run differential of the A.L. wild card contenders.

Toronto +142
Oakland +64
Boston +52
Yanks +27
Seattle (-52)
I hear the Jays get a special exemption into the playoffs if they finish with a positive triple digit run differential. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom