2021 MLB Season | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

The problem is, if I am wrong, why is the NL going to change? .

You keep saying that the NL wanted to do it in 1973 but only an "admin issue" of sorts stopped it.

If the NL owners really wanted it in 1973 and knew it was the right thing to do at the time why did they never move to change it in 1975? 1980? 1985? 1990? 1995? 2000? Because that is not what the majority of fans of NL Teams wanted at the time. Clearly they did not think it was the right thing to do for quite a long time no matter how long you reference this quirk from 1973

You also have stated a few times the fact that the NL is changing it now, implies that having NO DH before was wrong... or that fans of No DH were wrong.

It simply means the game has changed and fans have changed. And since leagues really have little autonomy and the MLB has more of an interest than ever apparently in making the rules the same, the DH is the way its going to go. It does not prove that our view of the game was right or wrong.

Last edited:
The DL sucks and the AL sucks.

If the Dodgers don’t win it, I’ll even root for the Giants or Cardinals over 4 of the AL teams.

Kinda like the White Sox, despite them playing in that beer league hacker league, so I’m pulling for them.

As I said before I like the fact that are two somewhat different games.

Even though I prefer the NL I will be cheering for the Tampa Bay Quebecer Rays

Last edited:

If the Dodgers don’t win it, I’ll even root for the Giants or Cardinals over 4 of the AL teams.

Kinda like the White Sox, despite them playing in that beer league hacker league, so I’m pulling for them.
No self respected Dodgers fan could pull for the Giants.

I don't either I love you guys in a 5 game series against them.

I love us in a 5 or 7 game series against anyone.

Muncy’s injury really, really sucks though.

But we have the best team. This is the best team we’ve had in my lifetime IMO.

LOL so what? Most American league fans will root for the american league. Oh, and I loved playing the Dodgers in 2018. That was fun.

You keep saying that the NL wanted to do it in 1973 but only an "admin issue" of sorts stopped it.

If the NL owners really wanted it in 1973 and knew it was the right thing to do at the time why did they never move to change it in 1975? 1980? 1985? 1990? 1995? 2000? Because that is not what the majority of fans of NL Teams wanted at the time. Clearly they did not think it was the right thing to do for quite a long time no matter how long you reference this quirk from 1973

You also have stated a few times the fact that the NL is changing it now, implies that having NO DH before was wrong... or that fans of No DH were wrong.

It simply means the game has changed and fans have changed. And since leagues really have little autonomy and the MLB has more of an interest than ever apparently in making the rules the same, the DH is the way its going to go. It does not prove that our view of the game was right or wrong.
I am implying no such thing. I love the DH. You don't have to. I have never said that makes me right and you wrong. I don't like coffee. I don't like coffee ice cream. That doesn't mean anyone who does like them is wrong. I just think it is a better game with the DH. I was a fan of the American league long before they had the DH. I have lived with both. Talk to me 10 years after you have had the DH.

neither the Red Sox or the Yankees will get past the Rays. Thankfully for me, it won't come to that ( I hope). as for you rooting for the Giants, then they can't be real rivals.
I’m ok with that. Peasants.

LOL so what? Most American league fans will root for the american league. Oh, and I loved playing the Dodgers in 2018. That was fun.
Red Sox had a hell of a team in 2018!

Glad we got your best player now.

Red Sox had a hell of a team in 2018!

Glad we got your best player now.
We are fortunate. We have a lot of great players. We have also dominated interleague play since the beginning. Think we have the best record of anyone. And we have a ,lot of competition because the A.L. has pretty much dominated the N.L. for the last 20 plus years. We did lose three games in 4 world series though.

We are fortunate. We have a lot of great players. We have also dominated interleague play since the beginning. Think we have the best record of anyone. And we have a ,lot of competition because the A.L. has pretty much dominated the N.L. for the last 20 plus years. We did lose three games in 4 world series though.
It was a hell of a run.

It was a hell of a run.
We will back again soon. I am thrilled with this year. I wanted them to carry me through the summer. Pretty clear it isn't our year. We aren't that good. I think the Rays can win it all but their starters are so young. Their best two pitchers are real young now that their ace has been out for the season.

Trust me, new friend, it was 1980.

The Sox don’t need great players because Cora gets the most out of everyone. ;)
You know how I feel about Cora's in game management. His teams do try hard and play hard every game. I give him that. And he managed very well the last three games. But it says something about the team that when it counted, they lost 2 of 3 against the O's and had three heart attack games against the Nats. If they win tomorrow, doubtful, that would be their last win.

The Sox don’t need great players because Cora gets the most out of everyone. ;)
The pinnacle of Cora’s career was teaming with Cesar Izturis and Milton Bradley to provide the best “up the middle” defense in the league in 2004.

I expect the Red Sox to be very active this off season. If we have one with the labor problems.

The pinnacle of Cora’s career was teaming with Cesar Izturis and Milton Bradley to provide the best “up the middle” defense in the league in 2004.
Okay. That got a laugh out of me. Never mind his world championship playing with the sox or managing a world championship. How about that at bat with the Dodgers?

who was complaining about the number of relief pitchers? Limiting pinch hitters is the same rule in the other side.
Pinch hitters take no extra time to get warmed up. You’re off the mark on this one

Okay. That got a laugh out of me. Never mind his world championship playing with the sox or managing a world championship. How about that at bat with the Dodgers?
Lol, just stirring the pot a bit!

He really did have a really good 04 season though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom