2021 MLB Season | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

He is a hot hitter. I'm not afraid of walking him with Kittredge. But I would have walked Judge so it doesn't matter.
Not to mention that Gallo strikes out just about one out of every two times at the plate.

Why? That has been great.

great? It’s dumb because it has nothing to do with improving the game it just takes away strategy. It was done to try to speed the game up a little, nothing to do with the game of baseball at all. Want to speed the game up? Make it 8 innings. Just as dumb.

great? It’s dumb because it has nothing to do with improving the game it just takes away strategy. It was done to try to speed the game up a little, nothing to do with the game of baseball at all. Want to speed the game up? Make it 8 innings. Just as dumb.
There’s actually more strategy. Anybody can matchup lefties against lefties. To bring in a lefty when he also has to face two righties is a tougher call.

There’s actually more strategy. Anybody can matchup lefties against lefties. To bring in a lefty when he also has to face two righties is a tougher call.

and that’s not what it was done for. It was to speed up the game by reducing pitcher changes. Nothing to do with the game. Just as dumb as the man on 2nd which was also put in to speed up the game.

and that’s not what it was done for. It was to speed up the game by reducing pitcher changes.
Nobody likes endless pitching changes other than you. The rule addresses that problem a little bit and has added strategy to the game. Win-win! I’m sorry you don’t like it. I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

DH- no DH in other sports would be like in the NBA games played in western conference arenas have a longer 3 point line than games in eastern conference arenas.
It’s so dumb that AL teams create teams with DHs and then half the games in the World Series are played under different rules.

The DH is way better than the pitcher hitting.
I don’t think pitchers hitting is what people want in situations where it affects the game.
Lineups are weaker in the NL.
Just add the DH and be done with it.
Nah, that analogy makes more sense if you’re trying to argue against ballparks having different dimensions.

The DH in the NBA would be like having Middleton shoot free throws for Giannis.

Nobody likes endless pitching changes other than you. The rule addresses that problem a little bit and has added strategy to the game. Win-win! I’m sorry you don’t like it. I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

i don’t know if it’ll go anyplace. But I know it’s dumb since it wasn’t done for any reason other than game time. They could make the game even quicker by making all FC an out at first. ;)

i don’t know if it’ll go anyplace. But I know it’s dumb since it wasn’t done for any reason other than game time. They could make the game even quicker by making all FC an out at first. ;)
It made the game better. I don't care why it was done.

It made the game better. I don't care why it was done.

maybe they could limit pinch hitters to one per game? Or eliminate visits to the mound?

Nobody is complaining about excessive pinch hitting and they have reduced mound visits.

who was complaining about the number of relief pitchers? Limiting pinch hitters is the same rule in the other side.

who was complaining about the number of relief pitchers? Limiting pinch hitters is the same rule in the other side.
I certainly complained when the pitcher changed for every batter.

I certainly complained when the pitcher changed for every batter.

you and me don’t count, we’re fans. The managers for the most part hate it. Ask Girardi and the Phillies who had back to back players hit. Harper in the face and DIDi in the ribs. How much was the next batter looking to get in there? It’s a dumb rule. You can’t argue for it and not argue for limiting pinch hitters. They are supposed to be baseball rules.

It happened. You’ll have to see if you can live with it.

have to live with it. What choice do I have? None. But they got rid of one clown rule and maybe eventually they’ll get rid of this one too.

Pinch hitters don't slow the game down. Pitching changes do.

oh, I thought people weren’t concerned about the speed of the game just that they hated multiple relief pitchers. So it is about speeding up the game? . Well how about eliminating all visits to the mound? How about making games 8 innings?

oh, I thought people weren’t concerned about the speed of the game just that they hated multiple relief pitchers. So it is about speeding up the game? . Well how about eliminating all visits to the mound? How about making games 8 innings?
Ya it's about speeding the game up as well. There is nothing worse than when a reliever isn't ready and they go into stall mode. Have the pitching coach come out then have the pitcher throw over to first 4 times and then the manager comes out to make a change.

Who said it’s not about speeding up the game? It certainly does.

Who said it’s not about speeding up the game? It certainly does.

then you must be all for my other suggestions to speed up the game. You’re all over the place.

Ya it's about speeding the game up as well. There is nothing worse than when a reliever isn't ready and they go into stall mode. Have the pitching coach come out then have the pitcher throw over to first 4 times and then the manager comes out to make a change.

then get rid of a FC and have them all be out. Get rid of all pinch hitters. Get rid of all mound visits. Make the game 8 innings. What do you have against those time savers?

then you must be all for my other suggestions to speed up the game. You’re all over the place.
I’ve been consistently where I am. I like the rule. I don’t like your suggestions. Not all time saving suggestions will make the game better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom