2021 MLB Season | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Here are some team pitching stats for the American League (the rankings are AL, not MLB):

ERA
1. Rays 3.67
2. White Sox 3.73
3. Yankees 3.76
4. Astros 3.78
7. Red Sox 4.27

FIP
1. White Sox 3.74
2. Rays 3.79
3. Yankees 3.90
4. Red Sox 3.95
6. Astros 4.18

xFIP
1. White Sox 3.85
2. Rays 3.97
3. Yankees 4.00
5. Red Sox 4.07
6. Astros 4.12

Correct me if I am wrong Yankees fans, as I have not been following your team anywhere close to you have.

But relatively speaking it seems that your staff, and in particular your bullpen depth is in as good a shape as it has been all year... and much better then it had been even a month ago. I would think those "yearly" numbers may not actually reflect where you are at relative to the league right now.

Correct me if I am wrong Yankees fans, as I have not been following your team anywhere close to you have.

But relatively speaking it seems that your staff, and in particular your bullpen depth is in as good a shape as it has been all year... and much better then it had been even a month ago. I would think those "yearly" numbers may not actually reflect where you are at relative to the league right now.

it definitely is in a better place. Without going thru the whole bullpen I’ll just say IMO the big difference now is the return of Severino who’s been great in the bullpen and a Chapman who’s much closer now to what he was early in the season. And Holmes has been very good too since we picked him up.

While Rodon is very good, his loss is diminished a fair bit by the fact that the White Sox have 3 other good starters and the fact that there are 2 days off in the 5 game series (those extra days off have always annoyed me!).

Lynn, Cease and Gioloto will be able to pitch with regular rest in 4 of the 5 games. The exception being Game 4.

That being said, the way thae playoffs have been played recently teams that go with a 4 man rotation, try to convert one of the starters to a strong long reliever in the last 2 or 3 games of the series. White Sox will certainly lose that option.
I agree with everything you say here, just pointing out that the Sox pitching #s don't look as dominant once u take Rodon out of the mix. Notwithstanding his reduced innings pitched, Rodon's #s were as good as any starter in the AL.

Embarrassing moment for Vasgersian there. That ball wasn't that close to going out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom