2021 MLB Season | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Pinch hitters take no extra time to get warmed up. You’re off the mark on this one

I wasn’t talking about time since I was told it wasn’t about time but good for baseball. How about the other time saving suggestions?

I wasn’t talking about time since I was told it wasn’t about time but good for baseball. How about the other time saving suggestions?
Nobody told you it wasn’t about time. Faster pace of play can be better for baseball. And no, not all time-saving measures are good.

I used to consider myself a traditionalist and wasn't excited about the extra wild card, but really warmed up to it quickly. Keeps hope in more places until the end of the year. Better for stadium workers and local media too. Would like to see a best of three.

Dont mind DH in AL only. Dont care if that gets changed or not. I'm not quite old enough to remember no DH in both leagues.

Four hour 9 inning games don't seem to me the way the game was meant to flow. (WouId be curious to know what year game times were an hour less) I welcome any efforts to keep it moving, but glad the extra inning runner at 2nd is donezo.

One more comment about the DH. I don't expect every guy to be a Gold Glover and a great hitter - that's what makes the best players the best and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. And I get it when a guy gets older or after some injuries, it's nice to have a position so the game doesn't lose their bat even if they can't play the field.

But I do find it lame that some guys are in the early stages of their MLB careers and never learned to field a position at a passable level, so they have to be the DH.

Last edited:
Here are some team pitching stats for the American League (the rankings are AL, not MLB):

ERA
1. Rays 3.67
2. White Sox 3.73
3. Yankees 3.76
4. Astros 3.78
7. Red Sox 4.27

FIP
1. White Sox 3.74
2. Rays 3.79
3. Yankees 3.90
4. Red Sox 3.95
6. Astros 4.18

xFIP
1. White Sox 3.85
2. Rays 3.97
3. Yankees 4.00
5. Red Sox 4.07
6. Astros 4.12

Here are some team offensive stats for the American League (the rankings are AL, not MLB):

wRC+
1. Astros 116
3. White Sox 109
4. Rays 109
5. Red Sox 107
7. Yankees 101

Runs
1. Astros 863
2. Rays 857
4. Red Sox 829
7. White Sox 796
10. Yankees 711

Home Runs
3. Rays 222
3. Yankees 222
5. Astros 221
6. Red Sox 219
11. White Sox 190

Strike Out Percentage
1. Astros 19.4
5. Red Sox 22.6
6. White Sox 22.8
12. Yankees 24.5
13. Rays 24.8

Here are some team pitching stats for the National League (the rankings are NL, not MLB):

ERA
1. Dodgers 3.03
2. Giants 3.25
3. Brewers 3.50
4. Braves 3.89
7. Cardinals 4.00

FIP
1. Dodgers 3.54
2. Giants 3.55
3. Brewers 3.72
6. Braves 4.08
9. Cardinals 4.30

xFIP
1. Brewers 3.75
2. Dodgers 3.75
3. Giants 3.87
7. Braves 4.09
13. Cardinals 4.66

Here are some team offensive stats for the National League (the rankings are NL, not MLB):

wRC+
1. Giants 108
2. Dodgers 106
5. Braves 98
7. Cardinals 97
11. Brewers 91

Runs
1. Dodgers 830
2. Giants 804
3. Braves 790
6. Brewers 738
10. Cardinals 706

Home Runs
1. Giants 241
2. Braves 239
3. Dodgers 237
6. Cardinals 198
8. Brewers 194

Strike Out Percentage
4. Cardinals 22.3
5. Dodgers 22.6
9. Giants 23.6
12. Braves 24.0
13. Brewers 24.0

Interesting stats donnie. Looks like my Braves bats have the edge, but the Brewers pitching is better. So it will be strength vs strength to see how comes out on top. I'd love to win this series, but don't think the Braves could top the Giants or Dodgers in a series. Might have a shot against the Cardinals although they ended so hot.

I am implying no such thing. I love the DH. You don't have to. I have never said that makes me right and you wrong. I don't like coffee. I don't like coffee ice cream. That doesn't mean anyone who does like them is wrong. I just think it is a better game with the DH. I was a fan of the American league long before they had the DH. I have lived with both. Talk to me 10 years after you have had the DH.

The Jays have been the team I watch the most for 15 years. I watch many more games with the DH for that reason. And my thoughts have never changed.

It is even amusing that you are denying that implication I made. Look at your last sentence. You can’t even see it is right in your own words.

Last edited:
The Jays have been the team I watch the most for 15 years. I watch many more games with the DH for that reason. And my thoughts have never changed.

You continue to be arrogant in thinking if you like it that way then I should as well. It is even more amusing that you are denying you are saying that based purely on the last sentence in your post.
That is it with you. You are now on ignore.

That is it with you. You are now on ignore.
Outstanding.

So you are really going to put me on ignore because I called you out for denying something, which you then proceeded to do again three sentences later.

Here is a parting gift for you.

Last edited:
Outstanding.

So you are really going to put me on ignore because I called you out for denying something, which you then proceeded to do again three sentences later.

freaks and geeks eating GIF

Interesting stats donnie. Looks like my Braves bats have the edge, but the Brewers pitching is better. So it will be strength vs strength to see how comes out on top. I'd love to win this series, but don't think the Braves could top the Giants or Dodgers in a series. Might have a shot against the Cardinals although they ended so hot.
The Brewers setup man Williams breaking his hand by punching a locker or wall or something, could loom large there. They had the look of a team that would be very difficult to beat if they had a lead after 7. They still have a good pen, but not as good as it was.

Last edited:
Outstanding.

Amazing turn of events. All over the freaking designated hitter.

The Brewers setup man Williams breaking his hand by punching a locker or wall or something, could loom large there. They had the look of a team that would be very difficult to beat if they had a lead after 7. They still have a good pen, but not as good as it was.
I am thinking it was that 2020 Milwaukee team that gave the Dodgers a good run in the playoffs with a fairly mediocre team that really had no starting rotation to spread of. Perhaps it was another season

The makeup of that team has changed so much in the past 2 years.

Now they have a great rotation but nowhere near the offence.

They could be dangerous but I still think the Dodgers are the clear favourites in the NL if they advance the first rounds. But small sample sizes cause silly outcomes so who knows.

Here are some team pitching stats for the American League (the rankings are AL, not MLB):

ERA
1. Rays 3.67
2. White Sox 3.73
3. Yankees 3.76
4. Astros 3.78
7. Red Sox 4.27

FIP
1. White Sox 3.74
2. Rays 3.79
3. Yankees 3.90
4. Red Sox 3.95
6. Astros 4.18

xFIP
1. White Sox 3.85
2. Rays 3.97
3. Yankees 4.00
5. Red Sox 4.07
6. Astros 4.12
Interesting stats. Unfortunately for the Chisox a lot of their #s were built with Carlos Rodon lighting it up but he's unlikely to play in the ALDS.

I am thinking it was that 2020 Milwaukee team that gave the Dodgers a good run in the playoffs with a fairly mediocre team that really had no starting rotation to spread of. Perhaps it was another season

The makeup of that team has changed so much in the past 2 years.

Now they have a great rotation but nowhere near the offence.

They could be dangerous but I still think the Dodgers are the clear favourites in the NL if they advance the first rounds. But small sample sizes cause silly outcomes so who knows.
One pesky small sample size wild card game against the hottest team in baseball. Lots of drama in that one.

Interesting stats. Unfortunately for the Chisox a lot of their #s were built with Carlos Rodon lighting it up but he's unlikely to play in the ALDS.

While Rodon is very good, his loss is diminished a fair bit by the fact that the White Sox have 3 other good starters and the fact that there are 2 days off in the 5 game series (those extra days off have always annoyed me!).

Lynn, Cease and Gioloto will be able to pitch with regular rest in 4 of the 5 games. The exception being Game 4.

That being said, the way thae playoffs have been played recently teams that go with a 4 man rotation, try to convert one of the starters to a strong long reliever in the last 2 or 3 games of the series. White Sox will certainly lose that option.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom