2021 MLB Season | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Verdugo is a scumbag for what he did while with the Dodgers but huge hit.

Dugie comes through. He's been nails in tough spots all year long.

Verdugo is a scumbag for what he did while with the Dodgers but huge hit.
What did he do?
Link or is there something I can google?

In favour of most things done as part of modern analytical management.
Like you, however, this one really bothers me.

If the pitcher is pitching really well... yes they will likely have a fall the third way through the lineup... but their performance baseline is already high. So even with a decline the third way through it might still be fairly good. Then you wreck your bullpen for future games.
Agree. Cora got bailed out by the base running blunder.

Meh I don’t like what he did.
I don’t forget that stuff. He is lucky Gabe Kapler was bad at his job.
The same Kapler that will be manager of the year in the NL in 2021?

Houck-Whitlock to get the last 9 outs Cora.

Nobody else should pitch in this game.

seems like the yankees had their best run when the big guns were injured or out on covid.

Not meaning to pick on Verdugo for that last out, because it happens all the time.

Its as if MLB players think they are entitled to run like total flippin idiots after they have got a hit that has driven in a run.

In the odd case it diverts the throw off what could have been a close play at home... but that is very odd situation. Runners are totally oblivious to the cut off men as well who then throw them out. I just don't get why this insanity has never been corrected or is still not frowned upon From a game management perspective, it makes no sense analytically either.

Last edited:
Not meaning to pick on Verdugo for that last out, because it happens all the time.

Its as if MLB players think they are entitled to run like total flippin idiots after they have got a hit that has driven in a run.

In the odd case it diverts the throw of what could have been a close play... but that is very odd situation. Runners are totally oblivious to the cut off men as well who then throw them out. I just don't get why this insanity has never been corrected or is still not frowned upon From a game management perspective, it makes no sense analytically either.
It’s probably selective perception, but it felt like Jorge Posada did that all of the time. It drove me nuts.

E6E1FB83-4877-472D-BD4D-B4CFEA91AA85.jpeg

It’s amazing to me how much the Red Sox have turned around this rivalry. The baggage is gone.

I am thankful I wasn’t born for 1978.

Phil Nevin saved Alex Cora’s ass.

I don’t think it was a bad send. You have King K up next in Gallo with 1 out. So basically it becomes 1st and 3rd two outs . Someone better and you hold him

dude has TWO career sac flies .. 2

I don’t think it was a bad send. You have King K up next in Gallo with 1 out. So basically it becomes 1st and 3rd two outs . Someone better and you hold him

dude has TWO career sac flies .. 2
That view might hold more merit if the play was closer at the plate but you send him with one out then you better be sure you can make it. The ball was waiting for Judge at home plate. Complete momentum changer right there. All the pressure was going to be on Brasier and now you've let him off the hook. Everything changes. A lot of ways to score from 3rd besides a SF btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom