2021 MLB Season | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Bunting 20 HR Chris Taylor and Pinch hitting for Jansen...I don’t know about that.

could’ve just let Taylor hit and went from
there. Beatty ain’t nobody. Don’t care about lefty/righty thing here...go with Pujols if Taylor doesn’t get it done. Or just let Jansen hit and leave him in. Because we’ve got the lead and he’s our closer and other than 1 bad week, he’s been lights out all year.

Last edited:
Ugh. To have a season that went like that for the two teams and a series like this end like that! Bobby Thompson is turning over in this grave!

Poor Wilmer!

1634272803159.png

Can't end the game like that.
That being said the game was very likely not going to end in the Giants favour either way -- would have just liked the game to have finished properly.

Max is such a G!!! Let’s goooooo!

I hate the Giants so much. Bunch of old guys having the best years of their lives. 83-79 next year, at the most.

And cry about the check swing, only reason they won the division over us was a bad check swing call! So suck it!

Ugh. To have a season that went like that for the two teams and a series like this end like that! Bobby Thompson is turning over in this grave!
What about the guy with the telescope?

I was so mad when TBS played that stupid home run 70 years ago. PLAY CODY’S BASE HIT FROM NOW ON!!

Whatever happened to officials wanting the game to be decided by the players?

A common one now is the coach and the front office not being fully aligned on the analytic front on certain coaching decisions.

Just my uninformed guess.
Some are speculating that Shildt wanted the hitting coach gone. The hitting coach being Jeff Albert, who came over from the Astros. The organization is all in on Albert, as they’ve implemented his philosophy across the entire farm system. That’s another head scratcher, as the results haven’t been there. Makes you wonder if Albert is a good hitting coach or if he benefitted from the cheating.

Given the timing, this could wind up being something serious (like Gruden or worse). The Cardinals had to get permission from MLB to do this today, because of the Dodgers/Giants game.

I mean, they were talking about extending Shildt last week. And now he’s gone? Apparently there was some sort of disagreement that convinced John Mozeliak to let Shildt go…but that happened during a meeting last Friday. Waino did an interview on the radio this morning and had no idea what was coming.

There has to be more to this, right?

"The Checked Swing Heard Round the World" - Ernie Johnson

Trying to manufacture that drama. They weren’t about to do nothing.

I don't disagree. It was a bad call, yes, but even if the call was a ball the Giants would have still had a difficult job getting a run in from first with two down and Scherzer on the bump. It's just disappointing for everyone it ended that way.

And I'd be surprised if the ump who kicked the call goes any farther in the playoffs. They all get evaluations after each round and move ahead based on them. There's an old saying among sports officials in situations like that, "Gotta be blood." I didn't see anything that looked like "blood."
noidea.gif

I don't disagree. It was a bad call, yes, but even if the call was a ball the Giants would have still had a difficult job getting a run in from first with two down and Scherzer on the bump. It's just disappointing for everyone it ended that way.

And I'd be surprised if the ump who kicked the call goes any farther in the playoffs. They all get evaluations after each round and move ahead based on them. There's an old saying among sports officials in situations like that, "Gotta be blood." I didn't see anything that looked like "blood." View attachment 208709
“REPARATIONS!!!” (C) George Costanza

And I'd be surprised if the ump who kicked the call goes any farther in the playoffs. They all get evaluations after each round and move ahead based on them. There's an old saying among sports officials in situations like that, "Gotta be blood." I didn't see anything that looked like "blood." View attachment 208709
1-2 instead with .083 Wilmer Flores vs Mad Max. It was a crap call but the outcome was very unlikely to change. If it were 2-2 or 3-2, it’s a bigger deal. But this is going to get waaaay to much play as an outcome decider , which it was not

Great game. Funny how the HR or nothing offense dries up against real pitching. I don't follow like I used to and 9PM starts are a big reason, glad I took today off to pregame

Max is such a G!!! Let’s goooooo!

I hate the Giants so much. Bunch of old guys having the best years of their lives. 83-79 next year, at the most.

And cry about the check swing, only reason they won the division over us was a bad check swing call! So suck it!
I don’t understand the giants . This was an aberration.

Whoever called that 1st and 3rd one out bunt by Taylor should be immediately fired.

It’s a joke Atlanta gets HFA for the NLCS.
Yet LA would get it in the WS no matter the opponent.

Dodgers won the WS last night.
None of the 3 teams have the pitching to beat them 4 of 7 unless Buehler pitches poorly.
Atlanta has good pitching but LA has deep enough lineup.

AL teams have as good lineups but not good enough pitching.

It’s a joke Atlanta gets HFA for the NLCS.
Yet LA would get it in the WS no matter the opponent.

Dodgers won the WS last night.
None of the 3 teams have the pitching to beat them 4 of 7 unless Buehler pitches poorly.
Atlanta has good pitching but LA has deep enough lineup.

AL teams have as good lineups but not good enough pitching.
The offenses of both Houston and Boston can wreak havoc vs any pitching staff .. losing McCullers is a big one .. but Sox or Astros were always going to have to bludgeon their way to a title

Somewhere Drew Storen is punching himself.

Max gave up a grand slam to a relief pitcher this year, and had his own post season oddities. Flores was likely toast but still, that wasn't even close.

max was awful last night that one inning and got away with it.. he had no idea where the ball was going

I will say if McCullers is off the ALCS roster then Boston legit has a chance.
He is the best pitcher right now between both teams. Barely better than Eovaldi but I would say slightly better.

If he can’t pitch then Houston really got screwed by the rainout Monday.
If they Played Monday game 4 then McCullers isn’t available for game 4 and he doesn’t get hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom