2021 MLB Season | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Congrats to the Dodgers on an exciting 9th inning final game World Series win.

Back to football season and onto the NHL.

Trying to manufacture that drama. They weren’t about to do nothing.

They were setting up for a great play that would win the thing when they showed the Thompson clip.

What's been lost in all of this is: why are you checking your swing when you are down to your last strike? Ted Williams loathed checked swings. The uncertainty and lack of confidence suggests that Flores wasn't likely to come up with the big hit anyway. Pick out the right pitch to swing at and let it go!

Great game. Funny how the HR or nothing offense dries up against real pitching. I don't follow like I used to and 9PM starts are a big reason, glad I took today off to pregame
Post script of Yankees playoff exits 2017-2021

During one of the recent ESPN2 statcast broadcasts, it was stated that in postseason games, the team who hits more home runs wins 75% of the time.

During one of the recent ESPN2 statcast broadcasts, it was stated that in postseason games, the team who hits more home runs wins 75% of the time.

they also said that the Giants had scored "almost half their runs from home runs". That means that even for that team in this era, home runs are lass than half the game. You need to play the whole game. (And I'm sure they did to win those 107 games).

Actually, that whole ted Williams hitting lesson is worth a watch:

Actually, that whole ted Williams hitting lesson is worth a watch:

This is like Shaq giving lessons on how to be big or Ussain bolt on being fast

Count this as first guessing but I don't like the selection of Sale as the starter tonight.
He's pitched poorly as of late. I'd be delighted if he got to the 5th inning. Eovaldi would be on four days rest if he started tonight. Maybe the plan is to go to Houck after a few innings. Hope I'm wrong about Sale.

Count this as first guessing but I don't like the selection of Sale as the starter tonight.
He's pitched poorly as of late. I'd be delighted if he got to the 5th inning. Eovaldi would be on four days rest if he started tonight. Maybe the plan is to go to Houck after a few innings. Hope I'm wrong about Sale.
They want Sale tonight because when they use Pivatta in relief, he will be ready for game 4. If they use Sale tomorrow, Nick at night wouldn't be able to pitch game 4. And, they have to know what they have with sale. A game 1 loss isn't a killer

They want Sale tonight because when they use Pivatta in relief, he will be ready for game 4. If they use Sale tomorrow, Nick at night wouldn't be able to pitch game 4. And, they have to know what they have with sale. A game 1 loss isn't a killer
Valid points for sure. Sox could win in five for all I know but unless it goes seven Eovaldi is only starting once on normal rest in the series. That's a negative imo. Would love to be wrong.

I've already been kicked in the groin tonight.
Now, I've got to see Houck further destroy my night. He's been missing on all his pitches.

Kiki Hernandez has more home runs in this game than Mookie Betts had in his Red Sox postseason career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoltz said you could get JD Martínez out by pitching him away.
Next pitch Grand slam to right field.

FB2SQtIXEAIW6dk.jpg

Kike Hernandez is a machine. I wish him pimped that HR like Correa yesterday.
With this blowout late in the game I hope the drill Correa cleanly.
Dugie and Kike. You’re welcome!

Hope the Sox see your guys in over a week.
I’ll be happy to see whoever - just want to get there!

Would love the chance for revenge against the Astros in particular, but going at it with another historic franchise like the Sox with a chance to make up for ‘18 would be great too!

This sports weekend has absolutely sucked so far. Braves better bring it tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom