2021 NFL Draft General thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Draft General thread

Raiders reached bigtime.
Leatherwood is good but he was a late first round pick.

at best. You can't tell me there wasn't a trade partner to swap picks with

Can't wait for the footage of the Dolphins and WFT draft rooms laughing at the Raiders' pick.

I wish. The NFL draft is no fun for me because the Raiders suck so bad at it. That stiff future guard could've been picked in the 2nd round if they loved him so much.
It's nuts how bad they seem at reaching for "their" guys who then aren't particularly good. Number of 1sts they seem to have blown in last 3 drafts without obtaining a single above average starter is pretty special.

It's nuts how bad they seem at reaching for "their" guys who then aren't particularly good. Number of 1sts they seem to have blown in last 3 drafts without obtaining a single above average starter is pretty special.
Who was the WR they reached for a few years back that was like the fastest guy in combine history ?

Who was the WR they reached for a few years back that was like the fastest guy in combine history ?
Bengals did that for John Ross. Raiders do always make me think of rocket ismail, willie gault and james jett back in the day though.

I think I am thinking of Hayward -Bey. Not a complete bust but not remotely worth 7 overall...
Bengals did that for John Ross. Raiders do always make me think of rocket ismail, willie gault and james jett back in the day though.

I think I am thinking of Hayward -Bey. Not a complete bust but not remotely worth 7 overall...
Ah, there's an old name. I remember when they took him over Crabtree and being absolutely shocked. Neither ended up being a star but kind of funny that Crabtree ended up having a better Raiders career than Heyward-Bey did.

For you Philly fans.

Eagles final trade summary:

Traded away:
Carson Wentz
6th overall pick
156th pick

Received:
10th overall pick
123rd pick
2022 1st (via MIA)
2022 2nd* (via IND)

And you still got the same guy you were probably gonna take at 6 anyways.

The ETN pick enraged me. James Robinson is a solid solid back. We didn’t need a running back. Grrrrrr

Lol the Jags saw what Jets fans dreams were and copied it

Parsons was the best pick. I thought he would be the pick even if the 2 corners were still on the board but with them gone it was really a no brainer. To get a 3rd rounder with him is a total win.

I am disappointed to not get Horn but I am okay with not getting PS. He plays way to soft for my liking and we have too many of those guys already on the roster.

With LVE probably not getting a 5th year option, Jaylon being a joke of a player, Joe Thomas gone via FA we really need help at the position.

We will all be thankful he is on the team when LVE goes down yet again in week 3 or 4 and misses half the season.

I would imagine round 2 and 3 with all those picks will be at least 2 corners.

All is not lost.
I agree that at that point Parsons was the way to go. I have a higher opinion of Surtain than you do. I haven't noticed the soft part. He is a really good player. You don't get on the field at Bama if u are soft.

I agree that at that point Parsons was the way to go. I have a higher opinion of Surtain than you do. I haven't noticed the soft part. He is a really good player. You don't get on the field at Bama if u are soft.

Sorry. I should have been more specific about my usage of the word soft. I specifically meant coverage style. Horn is an in your face m2m coverage guy. PS is a play off the receiver, soft coverage guy. After a decade of play soft, bend don't break coverage corners I really wanted a guy how gets up there and plays tight.

Diggs, the kid they drafted in round 2 last year, plays like that. I want more guys who play that way.

I wish. The NFL draft is no fun for me because the Raiders suck so bad at it. That stiff future guard could've been picked in the 2nd round if they loved him so much.
Remember when Mike Mayock was hailed as a savant when he worked at NFL Network?

Remember when Mike Mayock was hailed as a savant when he worked at NFL Network?
he was so good there.

i get wanting to be a NFL GM, but the Raiders??...

Sean McVeigh has a picture of Goodell on his wall. Why does that not surprise me.

Dolphins are crushing this draft

Is there a draft pick the fans at the draft won't clap for?They could announce my name and someone would clap.

Both Andre and Iffy in Todd’s top 10 available

I like what the Browns and Chargers have done so far
Chargers getting those 2 without having to trade up in either round is remarkable. Browns may have a top 5 roster at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom