2021 NFL Thread | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I get the weather. He just keeps throwing passes he should not. Should have 3 or 4 picks if not for the wet ball and them being dropped.

He just looks like a guy trying to hard and pressing.
Yeah I think the weather was part of it but he did make some bad decisions and got lucky on those dropped picks. He played a lot better in the second half though. He's a long way from being done imo.

You know … the colts aren’t bad..they are definitely a zombie team betting wise.. never know what to do with them other than go full man in the suit and just do the opposite of what you feel

Last edited:
I don’t disagree. On paper the Cowboys have a nice team. I just don’t think they get it done come playoff time and that’s based on both hope and the last 20 years...so nothing substantial this year.

As a neutral/Orange fan I hope Arizona is legit, but I don’t know. They seem like a second half swoon, but all bets are off in the playoffs if Murray is healthy type team.
Even if Murray doesn’t get “injured” the cumulative effects of the hits his small frame takes is going to take its toll and render him at least somewhat less effective as the season goes on. So little room for error …he airmails at least one pass a week ..

Nantz and Romo absurdly said the following with the Bucs going for it on 4th and Goal from the 1 with under a minute in the 3rd quarter (WITH A 32 POINT LEAD)…

Romo - “This is huge, Jim. This is probably going to determine the game!”

Nantz - “Could be. Bypassing a chippy field goal they might need”

The Bears haven’t scored a TD all game yet they tried to make it sound like it was the last play of the game that would win or lose it.

Clown show
I had a similar thought when the Chiefs went for it on 4th and 18 down 24 with like 8 minutes left in the game. Commentators were like "If they fail to convert here, Tennessee might be able to put them away". I get that KC's offense can be explosive, but "might" put them away? If Tennessee gets the ball with 8 minutes left and a 24 point lead, they can probably kneel down the rest of the game and comfortably win.

The talking heads don't like to admit they are wrong, and if they are they admit it begrudgingly.

It took until yesterday for some in the media to admit Sam Darnold is absolute trash and even then(looking at you Colin Cowherd) admitted he still wanted to root for him. He's the same guy he was at USC.

Trust your eyes more than you trust the talking heads. Usually they want a guy to be good because they have provided a media member with some kind of information or access behind the scenes.

So let's talk about the poor sob who gave up Brady's 600th td ball worth half a mil. For a 1000 dollar gift card and signed jersey.

So let's talk about the poor sob who gave up Brady's 600th td ball worth half a mil. For a 1000 dollar gift card and signed jersey.
tom and Gisele have ungodly amounts of money and they could step up for the guy a little here, or make a donation to a charity for him or something.

tom and Gisele have ungodly amounts of money and they could step up for the guy a little here, or make a donation to a charity for him or something.
I hope they will and think they will. Personally id ask for season tickets for life.

I'd ordinarily be thrilled, thrilled, that the Iggles, who truly suck this year, will be in position to control the 2022 draft. Their first rounder, Miami's #1 and, it's becoming more likely that they will also have Indy's #1 pick.

But not with Lurie and Roseman engaged in a co-dependent relationship. Lurie's way too involved in personnel stuff, and Roseman is only too happy to oblige him. Not to mention, the jury is likely to be out a long time on this coaching staff. They're definitely not ready for prime time yet.

Oh, well. We'll always have the Philly Special...

Watching these two QBs tonight is painful. Both teams have decent defensive squads but their offensive attacks are pedestrian, to say the least.

I thought Sean Payton was supposedly a genius coach ? Why is he calling pass plays and stopping the clock when all he had to do was run it 3 times . Kick a fg.. and leave geno smith with about 50 seconds and zero TO in weather ?

Watching these two QBs tonight is painful. Both teams have decent defensive squads but their offensive attacks are pedestrian, to say the least

But there were talking heads that said Winston would be better for the Saints because he could throw deep.

This is the worst offense they’ve had since Ditka was the coach.

But there were talking heads that said Winston would be better for the Saints because he could throw deep.

He’s not good .. but he actually threw a few really good deep balls that his receivers butchered.. he blows on touch passes

He’s not good .. but he actually threw a few really good deep balls that his receivers butchered.. he blows on touch passes
Peyton Manning did all he could to try and get Brees to throw Winston under the bus.

To be fair, he's throwing to nobodies right now. But yeah, you can tell just from the play-calling that Payton has no faith in him at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom