2021 NFL Thread | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

But there were talking heads that said Winston would be better for the Saints because he could throw deep.

This is the worst offense they’ve had since Ditka was the coach.
Yeah Winston has been disappointing. I thought he'd be an upgrade. Brees is an all-timer for sure
but he stunk last year.

To be fair, he's throwing to nobodies right now. But yeah, you can tell just from the play-calling that Payton has no faith in him at all.
He had Evans and Godwin in Tampa among others and couldn't make the playoffs.

Yeah Winston has been disappointing. I thought he'd be an upgrade. Brees is an all-timer for sure
but he stunk last year.
Brees was shot physically and still better than this. Will be interesting to see what the Saints do in the QB market, but I think it’s an attractive landing spot if someones extension fall through should they not get anyone in the draft.

He had Evans and Godwin in Tampa among others and couldn't make the playoffs.
That's true, but depending on the metrics you use, they were a top 10 offense 4 of his 5 seasons in Tampa. Even his 30 INT season, they were #11 and #9 in average yards and average points per drive, and #3 in terms of total yards and total points.

It should be noted that much like the Patriots outside of one receiver(Colston/Graham/Cooks/Thomas) the Saints have never spent a lot of money at that position. Even in those instances Graham and Cooks ended up getting traded before their cap hit really grew.

Brees made a living throwing to guys like Lance Moore, Kenny Stills, Robert Meachem, Ted Ginn, Willie Snead, Trequan Smith etc….2 of those guys are on this team now.

saints WR looked like SU much of the game monday.. dropped 4-5 pretty routine catches in big spots

Kathy Bates Lol GIF by Team Coco

Absolutely no one saw this coming...

A shame, guy's had a great career but his body has been breaking down

What was AJ Green doing there

Great win for the Packers
I’m so curious to hear the explanation. Only thing I can come up with is he thought the play was going to the left. Idk.

I’m so curious to hear the explanation. Only thing I can come up with is he thought the play was going to the left. Idk.

Def, doesn't make much sense to call a run play with no TOs left

The DJ Moore pass not being a touchdown is everything wrong with WR rules. Trash

we have a new candidate for worst NFL official call of the year ..that “lowering of the head” call by the moron on 3rd and long for the jets .. the Bengals defender goes low to make a tackle and the RB lowers HIS head .. so naturally he calls it on the Cincy dude and instead of punting .. it’s first down game over

we have a new candidate for worst NFL official call of the year ..that “lowering of the head” call by the moron on 3rd and long for the jets .. the Bengals defender goes low to make a tackle and the RB lowers HIS head .. so naturally he calls it on the Cincy dude and instead of punting .. it’s first down game over
So bad

Don’t they teach these useless officials to take context into their officiating ? Don’t call an iffy bs hold on a crucial down that has zero impact on the play .. it’s infuriating how they apply zero common sense to their jobs

Here is the “lowering the head” penalty on Cincinnati .. guess he had to be a precog and know what the jets RB was going to do in the future

Here is the “lowering the head” penalty on Cincinnati .. guess he had to be a precog and know what the jets RB was going to do in the future

Bengals got robbed. Horrible call.

I know the refs aren't watching in slo-mo but even in normal speed, it shouldn't be that hard to see the Jets player initiated the contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom