2021 NFL Thread | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an NFL OL perform as poorly in a game as the Saints did tonight.
I think a lot of it was the QB line calls.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an NFL OL perform as poorly in a game as the Saints did tonight.
I know they are banged up on the OL but that was a jailbreak on nearly every play.

As a guy with a big bet on Miami -3.. I thought it was glorious

I don’t get why everyone thinks Rodgers is the overwhelming MVP. Is it because he just has 4 interceptions? The Packer offense is about middle of the pack and points, yards, everything. I think it's dumb and based on career achievement.

I don’t get why everyone thinks Rodgers is the overwhelming MVP. Is it because he just has 4 interceptions? The Packer offense is about middle of the pack and points, yards, everything. I think it's dumb and based on career achievement.
Ehh I can't really argue w it. Career achievement awards are for guys who have never won it like Barkley/Malone, not reigning. Nobody wanted to vote him but he's the default choice since the Saints owned TB12. Best player/qb on one of the best teams as always. He does have 1 L since week 1. I'm more perplexed at how the hell Stafford has been in the discussion all year; he must have Russ Wilson's PR guy from last year.

Ehh I can't really argue w it. Career achievement awards are for guys who have never won it like Barkley/Malone, not reigning. Nobody wanted to vote him but he's the default choice since the Saints owned TB12. Best player/qb on one of the best teams as always. He does have 1 L since week 1. I'm more perplexed at how the hell Stafford has been in the discussion all year; he must have Russ Wilson's PR guy from last year.
I guess I am just worn out about the Green Bay being good takes. Too many choke jobs in the playoffs the past decade.

I give him credit for being efficient, but they are 13th in scoring. I just don’t see it. I think they probably lose in the playoffs again at home.

And Stanford is a favorite in the media so that’s why he gets attention.

The INTs, the record, and it’s a top 5-10 offense when factoring in the # of possessions. There’s no real standout this year; he seems to have the best resume.

You take the SB hands down. With 32 teams, three SB wins in 30 years is a really good average considering there are a handful of teams who will go 30-40 years without one.
Like asking if an occasional Final Four offsets repeated years of mediocre regular seasons

Last edited:
The INTs, the record, and it’s a top 5-10 offense when factoring in the # of possessions. There’s no real standout this year; he seems to have the best resume.
Meh.

Meh.
It’s a very underwhelming MVP year, but who are you arguing for? Cooper Kupp? Jonathan Taylor? Unless a RB puts up a historic season, I just don’t see it. I think Kupp should have more consideration than he gets but Stafford will obviously steal a lot of his thunder.

It’s a very underwhelming MVP year, but who are you arguing for? Cooper Kupp? Jonathan Taylor? Unless a RB puts up a historic season, I just don’t see it. I think Kupp should have more consideration than he gets but Stafford will obviously steal a lot of his thunder.
The fact that it's an underwhelming year is why I don't think he should be the shoe in favorite. I acknowledged his efficiency and I get why people would vote for him, but I just don't think this is done with two games to go. If Allen, Brady, Burrow, or Mahome's finish well and GB stumbles I think they should be considered as well and all have good arguments. I never got the Stafford love. He's thrown 9 interceptions since Halloween with less than 7 y/a.

And I get GB doesn't have as many possessions as other teams, but a lot of that is by design and the fact they have 2 solid RB's. I think the fact they play like that will ultimately cost them in the playoffs because it keeps teams close.

I get why Taylor would not win it. Hard for a RB that plays 65% of wins to truly be the most valuable player. Kupp or Taylor will likely win OPOY. Kupp would be my favorite there.

They really should have different awards for position players and QB's because we are at the point a QB will win every year. Just like in baseball we have they Cy Young and MVP(i get some pitchers have won both).

I like the Packers to win it all. I think they have a very balanced offensive attack and their defense is good enough to win a SB. The kicker worries me a bit.

They might get any one of three key guys- David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander and Zadarius Smith - back pretty soon. Those are pro bowl level players that could help a lot and with the potential for a bye in the playoffs they might be getting healthy at just the right time. Also their three main competitors in the NFC are all warm weather teams. HFA can't hurt.

I like the Packers to win it all. I think they have a very balanced offensive attack and their defense is good enough to win a SB. The kicker worries me a bit.

They might get any one of three key guys- David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander and Zadarius Smith - back pretty soon. Those are pro bowl level players that could help a lot and with the potential for a bye in the playoffs they might be getting healthy at just the right time. Also their three main competitors in the NFC are all warm weather teams. HFA can't hurt.
Cowboys are a warm weather team but they play a lot of cold weather games. They will have played three cold weather road games in Dec and Jan this year.

Cowboys are a warm weather team but they play a lot of cold weather games. They will have played three cold weather road games in Dec and Jan this year.
That's true. They may be in a position where the last cold weather game means nothing to them. Plus GB is a slightly tougher opponent than their NFC East brethren. I think Dallas is the 2nd best team in the NFC but I have to give the nod to GB. Your HC is a concern imo.

That's true. They may be in a position where the last cold weather game means nothing to them. Plus GB is a slightly tougher opponent than their NFC East brethren. I think Dallas is the 2nd best team in the NFC but I have to give the nod to GB. Your HC is a concern imo.
But if anyone knows Rodgers, it's him.

Lambeau being a great HF is the biggest fallacy out there. How many home playoff games have they lost the past two decades? Has to be at least 5 or 6. And they have a worse point differential that the Eagles. I won‘t be surprised if they lose at all at home.

While the Packers are definitely the favorite, I’m not sure how you can bet against Tom Brady once the playoffs begin. Don’t think the cold of Lambeau will affect him. If the Bucs get by the Cowboys, wouldn’t be surprised to see them knock off the Packers.

While the Packers are definitely the favorite, I’m not sure how you can bet against Tom Brady once the playoffs begin. Don’t think the cold of Lambeau will affect him. If the Bucs get by the Cowboys, wouldn’t be surprised to see them knock off the Packers.
Bucs are very banged up at the moment. Also tough to repeat.

Lambeau being a great HF is the biggest fallacy out there. How many home playoff games have they lost the past two decades? Has to be at least 5 or 6. And they have a worse point differential that the Eagles. I won‘t be surprised if they lose at all at home.
Not true. GB had won four in a row at Lambeau in the playoffs (dating back to 2014) prior to losing a close game they could have easily won to TB last year. Would also point out they're 7-0 at home this season.

Point differential is wildly overrated imo. Eagles are a good example. They've proven they can crush bad teams but when they play good teams they lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom