2021 NFL Thread | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

That's true. They may be in a position where the last cold weather game means nothing to them. Plus GB is a slightly tougher opponent than their NFC East brethren. I think Dallas is the 2nd best team in the NFC but I have to give the nod to GB. Your HC is a concern imo.
Sure and they might lose thst game but it won't be.because they.are intimated by the cold. They might be best equipped to best GB they have pass rushers and they can run the ball.

It’s a very underwhelming MVP year, but who are you arguing for? Cooper Kupp? Jonathan Taylor? Unless a RB puts up a historic season, I just don’t see it. I think Kupp should have more consideration than he gets but Stafford will obviously steal a lot of his thunder.
Micah Parsons

True. McCarthy was pretty adept at slowing Rodgers down when he was his coach. Maybe he can do the same on the other sideline. :)
He did something as a coach of Rogers no other has done.

If I had to pick right now who would play

AFC
Bills @ Chiefs

NFC
Cowboys @ Packers

Godwin out is a BIG loss for the Bucs and I'm not sure how effective Evans would be after a month long absence going into the playoffs. I don't think the Bucs defense is playing as well as last year either.

Last edited:
Not true. GB had won four in a row at Lambeau in the playoffs (dating back to 2014) prior to losing a close game they could have easily won to TB last year. Would also point out they're 7-0 at home this season.

Point differential is wildly overrated imo. Eagles are a good example. They've proven they can crush bad teams but when they play good teams they lose.
I looked it up. They’ve lost 5 home playoff games at Lambeau since 2002. Atlanta. The Giants twice. San Fran. Tampa.

Last edited:
Sure and they might lose thst game but it won't be.because they.are intimated by the cold. They might be best equipped to best GB they have pass rushers and they can run the ball.
Yeah wasn't really talking about the Philly game. Just think GB is a little more accustomed to playing in that weather than Dallas. Not a big deal though. Just a minor edge in GB's favor.

I looked it up. They’ve lost 5 home playoff games at Lambeau since 2002. Atlanta. The Giants twice. San Fran. Tampa.
How far back do you want to go? Is 2002 really that relevant? They did win several playoff games in the 60s at Lambeau. ;)

How far back do you want to go? Is 2002 really that relevant? They did win several playoff games in the 60s at Lambeau. ;)
Was just pointing out their HF is a bit overrated. And we had this same conversation about the Packers last year. If I recall didn't you have them in the title game over TB?

I think the SB will probably be won by one of 5 teams and GB is one of them. Then you have TB/Dallas/Buffalo/KC I may add one more depending how Burrow and the Bengals perform this weekend against the Chiefs.

I think Chiefs have been the best team since mid November. Their defense is really improved and they've stopped turning it over. I give them a much better chance to get out of the AFC then I do the Packers in the NFC. I think if they played Buffalo now that is a much different game. And Arrowhead is a much better HFA IMO.

Was just pointing out their HF is a bit overrated. And we had this same conversation about the Packers last year. If I recall didn't you have them in the title game over TB?

I think the SB will probably be won by one of 5 teams and GB is one of them. Then you have TB/Dallas/Buffalo/KC I may add one more depending how Burrow and the Bengals perform this weekend against the Chiefs.

I think Chiefs have been the best team since mid November. Their defense is really improved and they've stopped turning it over. I give them a much better chance to get out of the AFC then I do the Packers in the NFC. I think if they played Buffalo now that is a much different game. And Arrowhead is a much better HFA IMO.
I think I've shown you that GB performs well at Lambeau counter to your view that they don't. They're 7-0 this year and have won 4 out of their last 5 home playoff games. Recall that GB was inside the TB ten yard line with two minutes left and a chance to tie but Lafluer made the mind numbing decision to kick a FG. They played TB a lot tougher than KC did last year.

I'd add one more team to your SB mix. The Colts. I'd like to see Cinci go to the SB as I hold a 40-1 ticket on them to win it. But I don't think their defense is up to the task. The Colts have a defense and the best ground game in football.

I don’t get why everyone thinks Rodgers is the overwhelming MVP. Is it because he just has 4 interceptions? The Packer offense is about middle of the pack and points, yards, everything. I think it's dumb and based on career achievement.
Also his stat padding 1 yd TD passes instead of running it in like every other team

Also his stat padding 1 yd TD passes instead of running it in like every other team
Dude has a TD/INT ratio of 33/4 and is 12-1 in his last 13 starts this season despite numerous injuries along the OL and receiver group. You guys are taking nit picking to a new level.

lol
Well, that’s an evidenced based rebuttal that really refutes my statement. I don’t know how I over- looked those facts. They were so obvious. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
The facts are that Rogers’ only SB appearance, (let alone win), is with McCarthy as his HC. The petulant one wanted McCarthy gone, and he hasn’t reached the SB since.

Of course the Bills passed 3 times from the 1 vs Pats. SMH. 6’5” 240lb QB
1 game within 1 season
Bills are also pretty bad at short yardage running

Vs
Rogers who does this every year .. has not 1… but two stud running backs.. and basically calls his own plays

Other than Pittsburgh idk who has more home playoff Ls than the Chiefs over the years. Since Reid showed up and especially Mahomes, they basically have the same record home or away. Similar to the Walsh 49ers. That's mostly a compliment but Arrowhead is a grossly overrated advantage now. I'm still all in on their chances though given their likely path.
On a related note, the 7th playoff team is a horrible horrible thing. The #1 seed is such a massive advantage now it makes these discussions not even interesting.

Well, that’s an evidenced based rebuttal that really refutes my statement. I don’t know how I over- looked those facts. They were so obvious. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
The facts are that Rogers’ only SB appearance, (let alone win), is with McCarthy as his HC. The petulant one wanted McCarthy gone, and he hasn’t reached the SB since.
Oh I get it now. Rodgers hasn't made it to the SB again because he didn't have Mike McCarthy as his HC. That's an interesting and novel point of view. Have u looked at McCarthy's coaching record over the last several years? What on earth would lead you to that point of view?

I don't think LaFleur is much of an upgrade on McCarthy. He gets super conservative late in games. It's why they lost to Tampa last year and why they play soo many close games.

I like the Packers to win it all. I think they have a very balanced offensive attack and their defense is good enough to win a SB. The kicker worries me a bit.

They might get any one of three key guys- David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander and Zadarius Smith - back pretty soon. Those are pro bowl level players that could help a lot and with the potential for a bye in the playoffs they might be getting healthy at just the right time. Also their three main competitors in the NFC are all warm weather teams. HFA can't hurt.

I agree with your take on the Pack. Their defense has been very solid the past few years and their ground game has dominated at times. As you said, they're also getting healthy at the right time of year.

Only way Dallas takes a step closer to that level is if they continue to get consistent pressure on the QB and run better behind their constantly shifting OL.

I'm not sure the last three weeks against WFT and Big Blew showed enough and it looks like the Cards might be in a late season swoon (though losing to Rams and Colts ain't the end of the world).

I also wouldn't want to face the Colts run game or D but Wentz in the playoffs is a complete unknown.

Not surprised, but first time Big Ben has actually talked about it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom