2021 NFL Thread | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I agree with your take on the Pack. Their defense has been very solid the past few years and their ground game has dominated at times. As you said, they're also getting healthy at the right time of year.

Only way Dallas takes a step closer to that level is if they continue to get consistent pressure on the QB and run better behind their constantly shifting OL.

I'm not sure the last three weeks against WFT and Big Blew showed enough and it looks like the Cards might be in a late season swoon (though losing to Rams and Colts ain't the end of the world).

I also wouldn't want to face the Colts run game or D but Wentz in the playoffs is a complete unknown.
GB is my son's favorite team and the only one I regularly follow. This is the best defense the pack has had in a while. And they are still wildly susceptible to a decent running attack. If they get the O-line back to fully functional, then I think they've got the best chance to win.

I don't think LaFleur is much of an upgrade on McCarthy. He gets super conservative late in games. It's why they lost to Tampa last year and why they play soo many close games.
He's 40-11 since arriving in GB. That decision to kick a FG was bone-headed for sure but he's a clear upgrade over McCarthy.

He's 40-11 since arriving in GB. That decision to kick a FG was bone-headed for sure but he's a clear upgrade over McCarthy.
The games get close late because they get conservative. He’s a large part of that.

The games get close late because they get conservative. He’s a large part of that.
As John Madden's former boss used to say - "just win, baby." NFL is not about style points.

Not the biggest McCarthy fan but lafluer hasn't been to a sb yet.

Not the biggest McCarthy fan but lafluer hasn't been to a sb yet.
It took McCarthy longer than two years to get there. Not a lot of guys have won SBs in their first two years. Doug Pederson is on that list.

Maybe now AB can focus on domestic violence full time. Or will Tommy Boy push hard to give him his 15th shot at redemption?

If you own Antonio Brown and your fantasy league awards points for stripping and leaving in the middle of the game, you just struck gold!

Oh I get it now. Rodgers hasn't made it to the SB again because he didn't have Mike McCarthy as his HC. That's an interesting and novel point of view. Have u looked at McCarthy's coaching record over the last several years? What on earth would lead you to that point of view?
The facts are the facts. The Petulant One has never been to a SB without Mike McCarthy as his head coach. Peyton Manning got to a Super Bowl with 4 different coaches. Troy Aikman went with 2 coaches. Ben Rothenberger 2 coaches. John Elway went with multiple coaches.
Despite multiple regular season MVPs, just one appearance, and only with McCarthy. Just facts.

Last edited:
A tremendous turn-around.

Trevor Lawrence is wondering: "Could that be us next year?"
I don’t think Lawrence has the accuracy, coaching, or talent around him to succeed in Jacksonville. That entire situation is a complete disaster.

Imagine being a grown man so excited to try to get a high five from Jalen Hurts that you cause a barrier to collapse and fall on the field

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom