2021 NFL Thread | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

I don’t see NE losing at Miami, but I think Cincy is going to rest starters @ CLE and open up for either Colts or Raiders to come to BUF

Um, was he able to get a normal week of practice in? Was there a distraction caused by the uncertainty? Was he physically at his peak ? Based on how the team and he played .. I’d say there is a good chance the answers are

No
Yes
No

Thanks . Try again

I mean it doesn't sound like the NFL teams are really practicing at this stage...Bills' coach McDermott said most of their practice has been virtual for a couple weeks to avoid COVID breakouts (this when asked about Allen/Trubiski virus risk concerns).

He was asymptomatic, so not sure what impact the "disease", which they are now likening (properly, finally) to the Cold/Flu on all major non-CNN news channels this morning, had on his performance

Distraction, sure I guess, every NFL team has been facing distraction every week for 2 seasons now

But as for "leadership, etc" it's really hard to argue with a young man who may want to have children who's concerned about the vaccine...women are born with all the ova they'll ever produce, but men obviously produce their reproductive cells as they go, so it's not an empty concern.

This is straight from the WHO website: There is no current evidence that suggests the COVID-19 vaccines interfere with fertility. There is currently no biological evidence that antibodies from COVID-19 vaccination or vaccine ingredients could cause any problems with reproductive organs. Getting vaccinated is the best thing you can do to protect yourself and the future health of your baby.

What's unsaid there is it would be impossible for them to have such data yet, so that's not at all a conclusive answer. For someone like Wentz, who has a virtually 0% chance of dying from COVID-19, or as much a chance as dying from anything at his age, I don't think it's appropriate to challenge his "leadership" based on this decision. The WHO, CDC, whoever you want wouldn't be able to answer these questions right now.

Duggar played on 12/26. Singletary plowed him over on the Bills first offensive play from scrimmage. I'm assuming that Agholor would be back for NE.

On another note, Chase for OROY has to be unanimous, right?
Duggar missed the first game I was wrong. I think it’s still a close game.
I really don’t care if Mac gets OROY.

He as a rookie has led the team to the playoffs.
Which is all I really care about.

Chase deserves it. Which is fine.

Duggar missed the first game I was wrong. I think it’s still a close game.
I really don’t care if Mac gets OROY.

He as a rookie has led the team to the playoffs.
Which is all I really care about.

Chase deserves it. Which is fine.
If that is the matchup, I do expect it to be a one score game.

No shame for Jones to not win OROY. Chase is a transcendent talent, and his production as a rookie has been phenomenal.

The bills could lose to anyone . I just don’t see the patriots as some matchup they must fear… you know who scares me ? The bengals receivers
Cincinnati has talent but again coaching matters.

Teams like the Chargers and Bengals have the best talent in the AFC but their coaches will cost them a game.

Tennessee, Kansas City, Buffalo, New England have coaching advantages against those teams.

Colts have a little less talent than those teams but their coaching makes them the most dangerous of those 3. I can see Indy going to into Cincinnati and beating them round one fairly easily.

Actually, the
I mean it doesn't sound like the NFL teams are really practicing at this stage...Bills' coach McDermott said most of their practice has been virtual for a couple weeks to avoid COVID breakouts (this when asked about Allen/Trubiski virus risk concerns).

He was asymptomatic, so not sure what impact the "disease", which they are now likening (properly, finally) to the Cold/Flu on all major non-CNN news channels this morning, had on his performance

Distraction, sure I guess, every NFL team has been facing distraction every week for 2 seasons now

But as for "leadership, etc" it's really hard to argue with a young man who may want to have children who's concerned about the vaccine...women are born with all the ova they'll ever produce, but men obviously produce their reproductive cells as they go, so it's not an empty concern.

This is straight from the WHO website: There is no current evidence that suggests the COVID-19 vaccines interfere with fertility. There is currently no biological evidence that antibodies from COVID-19 vaccination or vaccine ingredients could cause any problems with reproductive organs. Getting vaccinated is the best thing you can do to protect yourself and the future health of your baby.

What's unsaid there is it would be impossible for them to have such data yet, so that's not at all a conclusive answer. For someone like Wentz, who has a virtually 0% chance of dying from COVID-19, or as much a chance as dying from anything at his age, I don't think it's appropriate to challenge his "leadership" based on this decision. The WHO, CDC, whoever you want wouldn't be able to answer these questions right now.
Actually, the CDC has shown that getting covid actually decreases sperm quality and counts in the months after having the virus. Similar testing before and after the vaccine shows no such outcome.

And that will be my only post on this issue here.

Actually, the

Actually, the CDC has shown that getting covid actually decreases sperm quality and counts in the months after having the virus. Similar testing before and after the vaccine shows no such outcome.

And that will be my only post on this issue here.

Yeah I don't want to get into a COVID back/forth, especially now that it's over (or should be)...I was just saying that a players' leadership is being questioned unfairly if it's due to this unprecedented decision.

And short-term sperm count and long-term sperm composition are two different things entirely, the latter of which could not be reasonably assessed at this juncture.

Yeah I don't want to get into a COVID back/forth, especially now that it's over (or should be)...I was just saying that a players' leadership is being questioned unfairly if it's due to this unprecedented decision.

And short-term sperm count and long-term sperm composition are two different things entirely, the latter of which could not be reasonably assessed at this juncture.
I think it's very fair to question his leadership because of this issue. There are ways to gather and store all the material he would need to have a million kids and then get the vax if his concern was about having children down the road. That's what a real leader would do.

Things that reduce sperm counts: heat, tight clothes, the summertime, anabolic steroids, testicular trauma, marijuana use.

Things that don't: vaccines.

There is absolutely no reason to believe vaccines reduce sperm count or fertility. There is no plausible mechanism by which this would occur, and certainly no mechanism that wouldn't also apply to covid infection.

Things that reduce sperm counts: heat, tight clothes, the summertime, anabolic steroids, testicular trauma, marijuana use.

Things that don't: vaccines.

There is absolutely no reason to believe vaccines reduce sperm count or fertility. There is no plausible mechanism by which this would occur, and certainly no mechanism that wouldn't also apply to covid infection.

If, by some wild chance, vaccines do reduce sperm count, I hope that Philip Rivers has received 57 doses.

Um, was he able to get a normal week of practice in? Was there a distraction caused by the uncertainty? Was he physically at his peak ? Based on how the team and he played .. I’d say there is a good chance the answers are

No
Yes
No

Thanks . Try again
Sounds like somebody that had the Colts yesterday. lol

NE can beat Buffalo again.
Both teams weren’t healthy last game.
Buffalo would get Davis and Beasley back.
NE would get Duggar(who has speed) and Aguilar back.

NE played too softly last game. I am betting Belichick would know how to adjust. Buffalo would probably be a 4-5 point favorite.

It’s not the matchup I would want round 1 but Buffalo is one of the best AFC teams so I would expect to have to beat them to get to a SB.

The game is likely a night game and who the hell knows what the weather will be again.

I would expect if it’s NE at Buffalo it’s the MNF game again.

Cincinnati will get the early game Saturday on wild card weekend.

LA likely the afternoon Saturday game.

Dallas the Saturday night game.

Tampa the Nickelodeon game Sunday afternoon.

Kansas City the Sunday night game

Buffalo the MNF game.

These are my guesses and Dallas and KC could flip days but the windows make sense.
I would have said Dallas Sunday afternoon, perhaps thats why they flexed us to next saturday, they had a saturday night wild card game in mind.

I would have said Dallas Sunday afternoon, perhaps thats why they flexed us to next saturday, they had a saturday night wild card game in mind.
Philly may get an extra days rest against it's opponent despite being a wildcard. That is strange. Also moving the game to Saturday night is weird as well since the game is meaningless for both teams.

You give yourself up with the "Petulant One" comment. So you're a Rodgers hater - good for you.

Look at GB's record in McCarthy's last few years and compare it to what they've done under Lafleur. To not acknowledge Lafleur as an upgrade makes it very hard to take you seriously.
The petulant one says “relax”. Guy is a great QB, but is a cry-baby.

If Jacksonville somehow beat Indy on Sunday then the raiders and Chargers could both get in with a tie.
If that happened should both teams agree to just run the ball into the line and keep punting so both can make the playoffs?

The petulant one says “relax”. Guy is a great QB, but is a cry-baby.
Petulant one was right about relaxing. 35/2 since that game. That's why he is the obvious MVP but we know he owes it all to Mike McCarthy.

Petulant one was right about relaxing. 35/2 since that game. That's why he is the obvious MVP but we know he owes it all to Mike McCarthy.
If Rodgers ever needed a hype man he should hire you.

How long have you been employed by Mr. Mayfield? Maybe I could use that contract as a template. At least my guy is legit. Your guy does a good commercial though, for sure.
Your guy is the much better qb but his acting skills suck.

“Do you honestly believe AB would admit to his issues?”

I’m gonna call it, you aren’t discussing in good faith
People with mental issues are usually unable to spot, let alone admit to, issues. It’s part of what makes treating it so difficult

So what are the rules on when the Sky Judge is triggered? Looked like a fumble by Edmonds, but the Sky Judge was nowhere to be found.
Why can’t they do it like CFB. Review every play and notify the field if there is an issue.

How long have you been employed by Mr. Mayfield? Maybe I could use that contract as a template. At least my guy is legit. Your guy does a good commercial though, for sure.
I haven’t talked Mayfield up since last year. That said there’s a large contingent of people who want him to fail including the media so I make that apparent. If that makes people feel better when he’s bad I think it’s pathetic. So I call that out. I still think he will be good long term.

I like Burrow a lot though now. Maybe I like to like guys who could potentially ruin Bills fans winters and get them to complain about referees like they always seem to do..

And I never said Rodgers wasn’t good. I just don’t think he should win MVP. Less than 4000 yards in 16 games at a meh YPA with 16 of 35 TD’s against shtty NFC north teams with one left against Detroit with good efficiency isn’t enough just because your team has the best record.

If you take a dive into advanced QB statistics Brady and Burrow have had better seasons to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom