2021 NFL Thread | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Cincinnati has talent but again coaching matters.

Teams like the Chargers and Bengals have the best talent in the AFC but their coaches will cost them a game.

Tennessee, Kansas City, Buffalo, New England have coaching advantages against those teams.

Colts have a little less talent than those teams but their coaching makes them the most dangerous of those 3. I can see Indy going to into Cincinnati and beating them round one fairly easily.
I remember when Reid was considered a bad coach.

I haven’t talked Mayfield up since last year. That said there’s a large contingent of people who want him to fail including the media so I make that apparent. If that makes people feel better when he’s bad I think it’s pathetic. So I call that out. I still think he will be good long term.

I like Burrow a lot though now. Maybe I like to like guys who could potentially ruin Bills fans winters and get them to complain about referees like they always seem to do..

And I never said Rodgers wasn’t good. I just don’t think he should win MVP. Less than 4000 yards in 16 games at a meh YPA with 16 of 35 TD’s against shtty NFC north teams with one left against Detroit with good efficiency isn’t enough just because your team has the best record.

If you take a dive into advanced QB statistics Brady and Burrow have had better seasons to me.
I've noticed you've cooled on Mayfield but his play has kinda forced that upon you. You were ripping OBJ recently which is kind of a of a tacit endorsement of Mayfield but whatever.

I was responding to your AR hype comment. I don't have anything against Mayfield and don't root against him. I like Burrow too. In fact I had a 40 to 1 ticket on him to win the MVP but looks like I may have been a year too early on that one.

Rodgers stats were compiled in 15 games. To win 14 of your last 15 starts while going 35/4 is probably going to get you the MVP most years. I would agree past performance may enter into it as well.

I remember when Reid was considered a bad coach.
Reid was never a bad coach. He gameplans and prepares like few coaches.
He is a moron on clock management and still is a moron on clock management.

He is a good coach though. He just needs somebody up in the booth to tell when to use TOs.
He cost the Eagles that SB with Patriots with horrible clock management.
Reid off a bye is one of the few gambling obvious winners in pro football.

I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is the MVP but nobody really stands out this year. Cooper Kupp isn’t winning MVP, Jonathan Taylor isn’t winning MVP.

Tom Brady was good but it was when he had weapons. Literally nobody but Rodgers really can win it and it’s by default.

I've noticed you've cooled on Mayfield but his play has kinda forced that upon you. You were ripping OBJ recently which is kind of a of a tacit endorsement of Mayfield but whatever.

I was responding to your AR hype comment. I don't have anything against Mayfield and don't root against him. I like Burrow too. In fact I had a 40 to 1 ticket on him to win the MVP but looks like I may have been a year too early on that one.

Rodgers stats were compiled in 15 games. To win 14 of your last 15 starts while going 35/4 is probably going to get you the MVP most years. I would agree past performance may enter into it as well.

10 games 19 tds vs 5 games 16 tds against a crappy division when they have a great running game. You’re buying into media hype.

I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is the MVP but nobody really stands out this year. Cooper Kupp isn’t winning MVP, Jonathan Taylor isn’t winning MVP.

Tom Brady was good but it was when he had weapons. Literally nobody but Rodgers really can win it and it’s by default.
Sure they can if people actually voted with intelligence. It’s a default vote because the Packers have the best record.

Sure they can if people actually voted with intelligence. It’s a default vote because the Packers have the best record.
I think the Packers are fools gold in the playoffs.
They have a had a lot of luck.
Cincinnati game
Baltimore game
Cleveland game

I find teams play them really stupidly. You should double Adams every single game.
Like how he gets those one on one matchups every game and exploits them is just stupid.

Rodgers deserves the MVP because they have won and he has good numbers but I think it’s a down year for the award which happens some times. Brady’s last MVP he won by default because Wentz got hurt and nobody else had the numbers and wins.

Cincinnati game
Baltimore game
Cleveland game

I find teams play them really stupidly. You should double Adams every single game.
Like how he gets those one on one matchups every game and exploits them is just stupid.

Rodgers deserves the MVP because they have won and he has good numbers but I think it’s a down year for the award which happens some times. Brady’s last MVP he won by default because Wentz got hurt and nobody else had the numbers and wins.
This year people have numbers though. Rodgers is the best player on the best team and he doesn’t turn it over so he wins. Guys used to win all the time who weren’t on the best regular season team. That’s something that has recently changed. On a down by down basis my opinions is I think other guys have been better.

Some of these throw are absurd and not in a good way. This is like the bizarro world Mahomes vs Burrow matchup.

10 games 19 tds vs 5 games 16 tds against a crappy division when they have a great running game. You’re buying into media hype.
The one thing that is obvious to me is that you undervalue a QBs ability to not throw the ball to the other team. NFL games often come down to the turnover battle. Rodgers rarely ever turns it over. That is huge.

Since the first game in NO Rodgers went 14-1 with his lone loss up in Minnesota by a FG at the buzzer. Meanwhile he's had a makeshift OL, lost his best TE along with some key guys on defense as well.

Cincinnati game
Baltimore game
Cleveland game

If GB is "fool's gold" then who do you like to represent the NFC in the SB?

The one thing that is obvious to me is that you undervalue a QBs ability to not throw the ball to the other team. NFL games often come down to the turnover battle. Rodgers rarely ever turns it over. That is huge.

Since the first game in NO Rodgers went 14-1 with his lone loss up in Minnesota by a FG at the buzzer. Meanwhile he's had a makeshift OL, lost his best TE along with some key guys on defense as well.

There’s a cost and benefit to being more aggressive. I prefer guys who are more aggressive. And we are a missed 2 or 3 missed FG‘s away by the Bengals kicker where this is probably is an entire different discussion. Even your old
pal Joe Banner agrees with me.

There’s a cost and benefit to being more aggressive. I prefer guys who are more aggressive. And we are a missed 2 or 3 missed FG‘s away by the Bengals kicker where this is probably is an entire different discussion. Even your old
pal Joe Banner agrees with me.
Joe Banner- he's a legend in his own mind.

Cinci has a great offense for sure. I'd like to see them do well in the playoffs but their defense will be their undoing.

20/34 for 96 yards. Is that even real?
I said the same to my buddy who dug up a stat that Rodgers from 2019 has record for fewest yards with 20+ completions, with 104. So if the game ended at half, Ben has the record.

Cincinnati has talent but again coaching matters.

Teams like the Chargers and Bengals have the best talent in the AFC but their coaches will cost them a game.

Tennessee, Kansas City, Buffalo, New England have coaching advantages against those teams.

Colts have a little less talent than those teams but their coaching makes them the most dangerous of those 3. I can see Indy going to into Cincinnati and beating them round one fairly easily.
Coaching does matter . The concern for bengals opponents is that Taylor… after the OT loss to the 49ers , publically acknowledged that he wasn’t allowing his QB to dominate as he is capable of. They’re not running mixon into walls anymore .. if their Oline holds up at all.. they are very dangerous with the new usage

I don’t see NE losing at Miami, but I think Cincy is going to rest starters @ CLE and open up for either Colts or Raiders to come to BUF
I don’t know. I’m not a pats fan but I think one thing they’ll tell you is those games at Miami are rarely gimmies for them even when the pats are dominant

Keenam and / or Mullins are better than mayfield right now .

Stars aligned with that ending for Ben's final snap.

that Harris run also ruined many nights for some playing fantasy football..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom