2021 NFL Thread | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

There’s a cost and benefit to being more aggressive. I prefer guys who are more aggressive. And we are a missed 2 or 3 missed FG‘s away by the Bengals kicker where this is probably is an entire different discussion. Even your old
pal Joe Banner agrees with me.
Eh breaks even out. Bengals got some in wins (Vikings non fumble in opener, Crosby kept them in Packer game). What is killing Burrow MVP talk is his pics, a number of which were just head scratchers, but a number were definitely on his receivers. Nobody had the Bengals at 10 wins (6.5 was their number right?) and he is why they are there. He should be MVP but pics aren't broken down enough for his benefit.

It’s amazing how similar Eli Manning and Matt Ryan’s careers are.

Eli won 2 SBs. Matt Ryan won an MVP. Ryan will pass Eli in wins next year can tie if he beats NO.

Ryan won’t sniff the HOF. Eli should have Justin Tuck and JPP induct him if he gets into the HOF.

This Manningcast is doing a good job of giving off the impression Eli and Peyton were both dominating the league.
When it’s not true in the numbers.

Last edited:
Re: WFT, if you didn't watch that video about the announcement, they confirmed it will absolutely NOT be Red Wolves (and looks like Red Tails is out too but they didn't emphatically say it).

There's been some buzz that it was down to Red Wolves and Commanders. And also, either someone from WFT or someone playing a prank made it so washingtonadmirals.com redirects to WFT's official page.

Also from the video, WFT's new look will in the very least have a dark red helmet and a black helmet.

It’s amazing how similar Eli Manning and Matt Ryan’s careers are.

Eli won 2 SBs. Matt Ryan won an MVP. Ryan will pass Eli in wins next year can tie if he beats NO.

Ryan won’t sniff the HOF. Eli should have Justin Tuck and JPP induct him if he gets into the HOF.

This Manningcast is doing a good job of giving off the impression Eli and Peyton were both dominating the league.
When it’s not true in the numbers.
You trying to smoke out the Kaiser?

Too bad Washington Generals is already taken. It would have fit perfectly--two teams that get paid to lose.
Wasn’t there some game between them where the generals had had enough and the teams went at it legit bball style ? I think they won

Continuing my series on great leaders of men. Let’s salute Baker Mayfield for his unselfish sacrifices as he played through debilitating injuries, leading his team to multiple key victories down the stretch , resulting in the clinching of a playoff birth (not)

These injuries were so debilitating that he immediately underwent much needed season ending surgery following the Browns victory (loss) vs Pittsburg.

Despite the debilitating nature of his ailments, he showed no reduction in his effectiveness (actually he was so terrible game after game they they’d have e been better off with the 3rd stringer) despite the fact he was often the Browns only real weapon (not counting their incredible run game).

Baker .. We salute you and your unselfishness (glory seeking selfishness to the detriment of team wins)

Would you rather have Baker or Mac Jones?
Because Jones shows that if you have good coaching a mediocre QB can be good enough if they take care of the ball.

I think Baker with a good coach could be a good QB. Obviously Josh Allen is the best QB from that class now but Baker isn’t Darnold who I was way wrong on.

Teams like Seattle if Wilson goes, New Orleans, Washington, Minnesota will need QBs in the next year or two.
I see Cleveland playing it out next year and Mayfield becoming a FA as they won’t franchise him coming off his 5th year option and QB salaries that high.

Baker has been playing injured so getting healthy will help. He has played with a real injury the labrum tear even on his non throwing arm hurts. I

Because Jones shows that if you have good coaching a mediocre QB can be good enough if they take care of the ball.

I think Baker with a good coach could be a good QB. Obviously Josh Allen is the best QB from that class now but Baker isn’t Darnold who I was way wrong on.

Teams like Seattle if Wilson goes, New Orleans, Washington, Minnesota will need QBs in the next year or two.
I see Cleveland playing it out next year and Mayfield becoming a FA as they won’t franchise him coming off his 5th year option and QB salaries that high.

Baker has been playing injured so getting healthy will help. He has played with a real injury the labrum tear even on his non throwing arm hurts. I
Hard to say ., bakers been injured for so long I forgot what his true talent level is .

I do know this , baker has no where near the talent level required to justify playing week after week with injuries and shame on his coach for not doing what was right and sitting his ass weeks ago . That cost them a playoff spot

I don't think Baker is truly bad, but I definitely wouldn't want to give him the contract he's looking for. I do agree he's shown enough in the past to make a better coach/system think they can do something with him. I'm curious to see where he ends up next and what kind of contract he gets after being pretty damn bad this season and going through sort of a crisis of confidence for maybe the first time in his career.

I would also say he's been blessed most of his time in the league with a strong OLine and run game but in addition to his own issues this season, his pass catchers have really struggled. It seems insane to think people thought the Browns had a good WR room earlier in the year. Odell obviously didn't work out for them, Landry is nothing more than a short game plodder at this point, and guys like Peoples-Jones and Higgins have just all-around struggled to get open, catch the ball, etc.

Wasn’t there some game between them where the generals had had enough and the teams went at it legit bball style ? I think they won
I think the Generals are credited with a few victories over the years,but according to Wikipedia there was a game in 1971 that is the most famous Globetrotter loss.

Burrow has to be more injured than he's letting on because the Bengals still have an outside shot at the one seed. No way should he sit. The Texans aren't the Jaguars. They will compete with Houston. Same for the Broncos against KC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom