2021 NFL Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Ya thats an odd signing, id rather just role with Gilmore.
Jalen Mills was signed to be the 3rd slot CB.

They still have JC Jackson and McCourty and have Jonathon Jones and Joejuan Williams for CB depth not including safeties.

This was a piece for the slot and when they trade Gilmore.

Pats are going to sign a WR tonight as well.

Jalen Mills was signed to be the 3rd slot CB.

They still have JC Jackson and McCourty and have Jonathon Jones and Joejuan Williams for CB depth not including safeties.

This was a piece for the slot and when they trade Gilmore.

Pats are going to sign a WR tonight as well.

Ys that much depth kinda proves my point, why waste that much money on essentially a 3rd CB when the secondary is already a strength of the team. As a Bills fan I'm thrilled better him then Galloday but just think it's an answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

Thuney can play an OL position. It’s part of his strength.
He can play tackle, guard or center.

Good use of money by Kansas City.
He dominated Aaron Donald in the SB 3 years ago.

No days off. I am sure they will sign another WR.
I wonder if they’d be interested in Juju. From everything I know, Steelers have no intention of resigning him.

Pats busy today.

Interesting pick up, he had a great year for the Raiders past year but he seems like one of those players who needs to be in a certain place to thrive kind of like some starting pitchers in baseball. Interested to see how this one works out.

I mean this was totally predictable. The Pats want to compete and had cap space after having a lot of dead money last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they add Samuel or Corey Davis as well.

Id like that one a lot more if I were a Pats fan then Nelson assuming Bourne can stay healthy.
Agholor is being signed for one reason. Stretch the defense. Plus he can play in the slot.
He will do that no matter the QB.

The Pats are going to add a QB.

Agholor is being signed for one reason. Stretch the defense. Plus he can play in the slot.
He will do that no matter the QB.

The Pats are going to add a QB.

Agholor strikes me as as guy who needs a certain team to thrive and I am not sure NE is it. I do like the Jonnu and Bourne additions though, solid pickups that NE didn't have this past year.

Aghalor is not a pure speed guy. He's a depth piece.

So is Jalen Mills. A little below average at CB and safety, but very versatile. Also a great guy. I think the fans will like him.

So is Jalen Mills. A little below average at CB and safety, but very versatile. Also a great guy. I think the fans will like him.

He was good. He runs vertical routes. Which keep safeties deep. So you can run with a lighter box.

Id like that one a lot more if I were a Pats fan then Nelson assuming Bourne can stay healthy.
I like the value more.

All told though, love the haul today. Now, let's figure out a way to trade up a few sports to get Trey Lance, and I'm ecstatic

Bourne being added allows Edelman to be more of a 3rd down thread, hopefully preserving him a bit

They won 7 games with no QB and a below average offense and a lot blah defense outside of their secondary.

Give Belichick some talent he will scheme wins.
Buffalo has a nice core but they don’t scare me either. The NFL is year to year.
The Patriots didn’t scare you last year because they had very little talent.
They needed an injection of talent.

Galloday is likely going to the Giants is what I just heard.
And they still have no QB.

Agreed. Both will be good depth guys and have position versatility.

Will the Green Goblin keep the green hair is the real question? Maybe heel turn red or blue...

Yeah Mills comes to play every week and he has been fairly durable. 7th round draft pick out of LSU. The Eagles tried to move him to safety last year with mixed success. The word was that Jim Schwartz loved him more than the front office. One negative is that he is very prone to bite on double moves by WRs and would often pay the price. He's also a bit on the small side.

I think Agholor is a high character guy too. I agree that he's not a high end speed guy but he can make plays downfield.

Agholor, Edelman (if he can play...I think he will), Meyers, Lee, Bourne, Byrd, Gunner is solid. Amazing, no. But a big upgrade especially when you add in Jonnu.

Technically Harry too but I see him being dealt for a conditional 6th/7th or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom