2021 NFL Thread | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Rodgers lol responded to his HC in his own PC.
Holy chit Rodgers is in don’t give a bleep mode.

Tua isn’t good. I am sure he would go to Houston.
I thought Jones as a rookie looked better than Tua did.

Watson makes Miami scary.

Perhaps. If Watson was the next Brady, we'd have seen it by now. Good to great, yes, but it depends on who the OC is, and who they put out there with him.

As for Tua, I think he can be worked into a solid NFL QB, eventually. The problem in Miami is they're poised to go for it all in the next 2 seasons. So I'm not sure Tua is the right fit there.

Only the Rams blow two picks including a decent one on Sony Michel and then give him exactly zero carries while the starter does nothing. Lmao

That tweet made zero sense . I’m still trying to figure out his logic
Also, just…random? Like he’s already sent out this exact tweet before months ago. It’s almost like he accidentally hit send on it again.

The Jets are only a game back. :) But seriously, did anyone see their game today? How did Wilson look? I know it was a slow start, but was he playing better by the end?
My buddy that’s a pessimistic Jets fan thought he looked promising but was let down by awful OLine play and a lot of dropped passes. Still thinks the team sucks though.

My buddy that’s a pessimistic Jets fan thought he looked promising but was let down by awful OLine play and a lot of dropped passes. Still thinks the team sucks though.

And the line play is likely to get worse. Beckton was carted off...

The Jets are only a game back. :) But seriously, did anyone see their game today? How did Wilson look? I know it was a slow start, but was he playing better by the end?
watched most of the game. He looked good but in the end it probably won't matter because the lack of talent on the OL was startling. The Jets are going to be in the running for a top 3 pick again and this time they should pick the best OT on the board. Honestly they should probably spend their first 3 picks on the OL or the kid isn't going to survive.

watched most of the game. He looked good but in the end it probably won't matter because the lack of talent on the OL was startling. The Jets are going to be in the running for a top 3 pick again and this time they should pick the best OT on the board. Honestly they should probably spend their first 3 picks on the OL or the kid isn't going to survive.

Thanks all above. I actually wanted them to keep Darnold and draft Penei Sewell, the tackle from Oregon. But I get it that Wilson is a talent you can't pass up. Six sacks, just wow.

Last edited:
Thanks all above. I actually wanted them to keep Darnold and draft Penei Sewell, the tackle from Oregon. But I get it that Wilson is a talent you can't pass up. Six sacks, just wow.

Thought Darnold looked good for the Panthers. He has to be happy to not be on the Jets anymore.

Probably going to trigger Bills fans again, but next weeks game in Miami is ginormous.

Probably going to trigger Bills fans again, but next weeks game in Miami is ginormous.

Not sure how it's a trigger, an 0-2 start would be very problematic for team with SB aspirations and with an unforgiving schedule late. Allen has dominanted Miami in his career, he will need to do it again next Sunday.

They were kinda stuck in a rough spot this offseason. I think I would have just kept Darnold as well (and I also wasn't as high on Wilson as some of the other QBs on the board at the time), but they were in a position where you had to agree to pay Darnold a lot of money for at least one season to roll him out there again. I think I would have gone for that and probably started clean the following season, but there's obviously no way the Jets could have felt good about giving Darnold a long-term contract or anything right now. They just really blew the years they had him on a rookie salary and were now in a spot where they pretty much have to reset.

Not sure how it's a trigger, an 0-2 start would be very problematic for team with SB aspirations and with an unforgiving schedule late. Allen has dominanted Miami in his career, he will need to do it again next Sunday.
seriously, how is this a "trigger"?

I don't think it's the end of the world if Buffalo starts 0-2. It's a long season (and even longer this season with the extra game). The Bills looked pretty good against a pretty good team but were let down by some small things here and there and Allen just overall being a little off. If Allen takes a significant step back this season, then yeah, this team isn't getting close to a Super Bowl (and tbh, I don't think a Super Bowl is likely in the cards anyways). But if Allen is the guy he was last season, the Bills will be back in the playoffs and they'll be one of the top contenders if KC slips up.

Patriots beat themselves today.
Too many mistakes. I like Mac but they play too slow.
I think they gotta open it up and trust Mac a little more. Writer at SI (Breer maybe) had what I thought was a good point - despite the loss the Pats gotta feel a whole lot better about Jones than the Dolphins do about Tua.

I don't think it's the end of the world if Buffalo starts 0-2. It's a long season (and even longer this season with the extra game). The Bills looked pretty good against a pretty good team but were let down by some small things here and there and Allen just overall being a little off. If Allen takes a significant step back this season, then yeah, this team isn't getting close to a Super Bowl (and tbh, I don't think a Super Bowl is likely in the cards anyways). But if Allen is the guy he was last season, the Bills will be back in the playoffs and they'll be one of the top contenders if KC slips up.

Ya if it were home I'd say must win but I honestly think it's a bigger game for Miami. This is the 3rd of 3 games either in the September S. Fla heat at 1:00 or vs backups. Got to win one of those if you're them.

This Bills team has the talent to stack wins real fast so nothing is a must win at this point. But it is a Mama Mia big game next weekend.

Coaching was the problem yesterday.

Daboll needs to quit being so cute. Activate Moss so you don’t have to run a freaking flea flicker on 3rd and 1. And also and more emphatically so, on a 4th and 1, you don’t have to throw the ball 7 yards backwards to Matt Breida out of a power I formation. Why make it so complicated. Just run the damn ball forward for a yard.

Also, just in general, RUN THE BALL. I know it’s 2021 and everyone is trying to look like they’re the coolest guy in school because they know the analytics. This is football, it’s ok to run the ball. You don’t have to run all of the time or even most of the time —but you do gotta run it some of the time — throughout the entirety of the game, please.

Also McDermott….. you got a bad ass kicker who can crush from 60+. When it’s 4th and 8 and you’re playing against a Steelers team that is struggling to move the ball on you, then you kick the freakin 52 yard FG to push the game back to a two score game in order to keep them at arms length

O line needs to get their shiz together and Allen has to hit those deep balls. He hits those two deep balls and we probably win going away.

Huge drop by Manny Sanders in the 4th Q.

I won’t even get into the special teams mess.

All in all a bad day. It happens - McDermott and this team have always found ways to not let bad play carry over to the next week.

I think they gotta open it up and trust Mac a little more. Writer at SI (Breer maybe) had what I thought was a good point - despite the loss the Pats gotta feel a whole lot better about Jones than the Dolphins do about Tua.

GM Douglas brought back 4 of the 5 starters from the worst O-line in the NFL last season. Only LG Vera-Tucker was new. So no surprise the same awful pass blocking returned this year. The C and RG couldn't block anyone up the middle. Both need to be replaced next year but that won't help Wilson this season.

Tua can only throw slants or anything without pressure.
Miami pressured Mac he was calm.
New England pressured Tua who couldn’t do anything.
Miami needs Watson.

Make a run at Rodgers. He's dating a celeb. Miami has legit talent.

BTW, until Rodgers stops dating a celeb and trying to host game shows, I think Miami and my Giants should make legit runs at him.

I get Denver makes sense, but it's also Denver (which, btw, I love Denver as a city).

BTW, until Rodgers stops dating a celeb and trying to host game shows, I think Miami and my Giants should make legit runs at him.

I get Denver makes sense, but it's also Denver (which, btw, I love Denver as a city).
I think the Rams were stupid to pay 2nd first round picks for Stafford when their offer to Detroit likely would have gotten them Rodgers.

Rodgers is going to be a giant pain in ass this year. He is fighting his coach in post games press conferences already. He isn’t even going to be passive aggressive he is going to be outright aggressive.

Giants shouldn’t give up the picks for him as I think they need an OL.
Giants with the 2 first round picks this year could make a run at Watson who is worth the payment once this season is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom