2021 Ryder Cup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Ryder Cup

Poulter / McIlroy getting dummied like Stephen Ames.

Sergio is putting on a shot making show right now. Very impressive.

Rahm is the greatest putter in golf history! Lol

I was just on a business call and missed some action. I am guessing that was a comment made by Nick Faldo?

Rahm is the greatest putter in golf history! Lol

did you hear that.jpg

Everybody knows that the best putter of all time is Carl Carmoni.
If you just want a quick snippet of his mastery go to 7:05.

Last edited:
Watching these guys on this course make birdie after birdie I’m convinced the 30th ranked player in the world is better than Arnold Palmer in his prime. Lol

Great insightful analysis by Nick Faldo.

The team that wins the Ryder Cup tends to have a lot more birdies. He noted it at Glen Eagles.

Europe not having Rose/Molinari really hurts them.
They were in good form in 2018 - not so much in 2021.

Still surprised that Rose got snubbed from this team.

Thank you to the 7 people who have took a chance at winning the highly coveted "JNCuse Ryder Cup 12 Questions Trophy"

The responses and current standings are included below. Those who selected the US seem to be at a big advantage.

690 West is in the early lead even with a 5 point deduction.

1632498503768.png

What a shot by Spieth ... and Thomas blows it!!

Still a very good start for the US... and they should have the advantage with their distance in fourballs.

Thank you to the 7 people who have took a chance at winning the highly coveted "JNCuse Ryder Cup 12 Questions Trophy"

The responses and current standings are included below. Those who selected the US seem to be at a big advantage.

690 West is in the early lead even with a 5 point deduction.

View attachment 206754
Hahaha. Deduction FULLY deserved

Everybody knows that the best putter of all time is Carl Carmoni.
If you just want a quick snippet of his mastery go to 7:05.

i miss watching that show every sunday morning as a kid

This US roster is talented, young, and largely void of many Ryder Cup demons of the past.

Europe is getting old and desperately needs a talent infusion in the future... and beyond Hovland where is it coming from?

Remember Matteo Manassero? He won 4 European Tour Events by the time he was 20 year old... reached #25 in the world. And shortly thereafter flopped and at the age of 28 is a nobody.

i miss watching that show every sunday morning as a kid

Was there a US version of this, or did you get this Quebec based version.

Was there a US version of this, or did you get this Quebec based version.
there was a syndicated show on in the US on every weekend as part of the mini-putt tour. I remember they made a big deal of how many perfect 18s the guys had.

What a shot by Spieth ... and Thomas blows it!!

Still a very good start for the US... and they should have the advantage with their distance in fourballs.
Since it didn't decide (or extend) the match, that shot will get forgotten...but wow it was absolutely ridiculous. That might be one of the finest chip shots I've ever seen.

Disappointed in JT and Speiths play. If they are going to play the 4 that sat this morning we can’t take out JT/Colin or Patrick/Xander.

Harrington said all 12 guys are going to play day 1.
I expect with that the USA should do well in the 4 ball afternoon.

Hope this decision was made because Colin is coming off a back injury and 36 holes may have been too much.

Interesting that both captains mixed all of their teams for the afternoon.

Surprised that they broke up Cantlay/Schauffele.

Hope this decision was made because Colin is coming off a back injury and 36 holes may have been too much.

It came down to a numbers game since they wanted to play everybody which I think is the right call especially when you have a 3-1 lead.

Johnson, Thomas, Cantlay, Schauffele, Morikawa -- had to sit one. I would have sat Thomas because I am not a fan of him, but that is not a good reason! Dustin Johnson has positive pedigree at this course as well.

Europe tends to be the team that loads up its players more, but they don't have that firepower at the top right now.

It came down to a numbers game since they wanted to play everybody which I think is the right call especially when you have a 3-1 lead.

Johnson, Thomas, Cantlay, Schauffele, Morikawa -- had to sit one. I would have sat Thomas because I am not a fan of him, but that is not a good reason! Dustin Johnson has positive pedigree at this course as well.

Europe tends to be the team that loads up its players more, but they don't have that firepower at the top right now.
Harrington leaving Rose off the team was just a dumb decision.
He always ups his game at the Ryder Cup.

This is Westwood’s swan song he didn’t look good early today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom