2021 Schedule | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Schedule

Fly through Atlanta. There use to be a direct from DCA which was stupid expensive.
I flew into Jacksonville one year and drove across the state on I-10 one year. I found Jacksonville to be a boring place. The ride to Tallahassee was also remarkably boring. If memory servers, the most exciting part was crossing the Swanee River. I assume it was The Swanee River. It didn’t look like much from I-10.

I don’t think I got a very good price for airfare and I am sure I had to transfer to get there from Syracuse.

Like Mark says, flying into Atlanta is an option. There are lots of direct flights. Cost is reasonable. Distance to Tallahassee is 260 miles. 3 miles more than Orlando.

Orlando is 257 miles from Tallahassee. About 4 hours from (4.5 if you drive the speed limit: I do not). You can fly to Orlando direct from Syracuse. There are two discount airlines (Frontier and Allegiant) that offer very good rates. Or if you like the better things in life, you can fly direct on JetBlue.

Or you can fly into the Tampa Bay area and drive to Tallahassee. This is about 275 miles. Very similar distance from these 3 cities. Allegiant offers direct flights from Syracuse at very good rates and while there isn’t as much to do as Orlando, there are some fun options, including beach time.

The discount airlines, if you choose to use them, last I knew, do not have flights every day, so you will need to plan around that.

I would fly into Orlando and head up for the game from there. Did that last time and it worked out nicely. But that is just me.

Well it took me about nine hours this year but I’m convinced we’re going into Clemson 6-0 with a number next to our name. Not sure how anything else happens

I’ve already trademarked six and o. Sorry. But there’s plenty of room on this train.

We’re either going to be geniuses, or no one will ever remember we said this because no one ever bumps old threads.

I flew into Jacksonville one year and drove across the state on I-10 one year. I found Jacksonville to be a boring place. The ride to Tallahassee was also remarkably boring. If memory servers, the most exciting part was crossing the Swanee River. I assume it was The Swanee River. It didn’t look like much from I-10.

I don’t think I got a very good price for airfare and I am sure I had to transfer to get there from Syracuse.

Like Mark says, flying into Atlanta is an option. There are lots of direct flights. Cost is reasonable. Distance to Tallahassee is 260 miles. 3 miles more than Orlando.

Orlando is 257 miles from Tallahassee. About 4 hours from (4.5 if you drive the speed limit: I do not). You can fly to Orlando direct from Syracuse. There are two discount airlines (Frontier and Allegiant) that offer very good rates. Or if you like the better things in life, you can fly direct on JetBlue.

Or you can fly into the Tampa Bay area and drive to Tallahassee. This is about 275 miles. Very similar distance from these 3 cities. Allegiant offers direct flights from Syracuse at very good rates and while there isn’t as much to do as Orlando, there are some fun options, including beach time.

The discount airlines, if you choose to use them, last I knew, do not have flights every day, so you will need to plan around that.

I would fly into Orlando and head up for the game from there. Did that last time and it worked out nicely. But that is just me.

Renting cars to drive a couple of hundred miles...no thanks. Had to drive outta Florida once because snowstorms closed the airports. Car broke down in an orange grove in S. St. Augustine and got a speeding ticket on the nc / va border. (Then my actual car got smashed by a crazy lady when I got home).

I’ve already trademarked six and o. Sorry. But there’s plenty of room on this train.

We’re either going to be geniuses, or no one will ever remember we said this because no one ever bumps old threads.
Tbh I think my favorite part of being a sports fan is doing this every year.

2018 might be the only year I get it right but that’s a chance I’m willing to take

For those of you that are asking...

We should have kickoff times for the 1st 3 weeks by July 1.

After that it's week-to-week.
id also say around july is when we would here the ticket plan will be for this year too whether its single game or season or partials and everything in between

Renting cars to drive a couple of hundred miles...no thanks. Had to drive outta Florida once because snowstorms closed the airports. Car broke down in an orange grove in S. St. Augustine and got a speeding ticket on the nc / va border. (Then my actual car got smashed by a crazy lady when I got home).
I hear you. Bottom line is, Tallahassee is exactly in the middle of nowhere. No easy way to get there.

This is why I wish we were in the same division as Miami. So much easier to get there. So much more to do. Maybe someday...

Some thought out there too...that more people actually got Covid and didn't know it. Herd Immunity might be here sooner than later.
Every one have sex with a deer and itll be here overnight.watch the horns if you don’t know the diff.

Please don't refer to Mrs. Bayside as "crazy lady"

Well she married me.

Woman in an suv with our dogs hits the glass instead of the breaks on ice. Smashed up 4 cars. Meanwhile the snowplow guy cracks my garage door.

This is a long way of saying switch flights in Atlanta and fly to Tallahassee.

I hear you. Bottom line is, Tallahassee is exactly in the middle of nowhere. No easy way to get there.

This is why I wish we were in the same division as Miami. So much easier to get there. So much more to do. Maybe someday...

It’s a remarkable place in that it combines every bad stereotype of all of Florida.

Agreed on Miami. Add Virginia to that list.

There isn't a road game on the schedule this year with a direct flight or "easy" drive - from "Upstate" NY. Coastal would be better since you add direct flights to Miami, GaTech, and direct seasonal flights to the two research triangle schools, while keeping BC and PITT but swapping their roles. UVA would be the only geographically tough school to get to, and it's still an easier jaunt than anyone in the Atlantic except NC State (through early November).

I don't see the Shrmdougluvrs hitting any away games this year (barely have interest in the home ones).

Last edited:
There isn't a road game on the schedule this year with a direct flight or "easy" drive - from "Upstate" NY. Coastal would be better since you add direct flights to Miami, GaTech, and direct seasonal flights to the two research triangle schools, while keeping BC and PITT but swapping their roles. UVA would be the only geographically tough school to get to, and it's still an easier jaunt than anyone in the Atlantic except NC State (through early November).

I don't see the Shrmdougluvrs hitting any away games this year (barely have interest in the home ones).
Last year (as originally scheduled) would have been a dream schedule for CNY based fans who like to go to away games.

This year, as you say, it is also a dream. But a nightmare dream.

We play our G5/FCS game away (rare) and worse, it is 537.1 miles (Google says 8 hours and 5 minutes driving time).

Like you say, a lot of the Coastal teams we play are in locations more convenient than our Atlantic opponents, but we are stuck with V Tech in Blacksburg, CA. That is an 8 hours 36 minute drive (again according to Google).

As I have said many times, Louisville is the hardest ACC venue to get to from Syracuse. I am sure it is the same from them trying to get to Syracuse. This is reason 1 why Syracuse and Louisville SHOULD NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be paired together as rivals.

We will of course now have to go to the worst possible place to get in the ACC from Syracuse 3 years in a row. Sigh.

Like you say, there is a low cost direct flight option to get to Raleigh (Frontier I believe) but it is a seasonal thing and it ends in late October/early November and the ACC has again scheduled us to play in Raleigh after that flight stops flying.

I guess if there is solace to be had here, there is a good chance there attendance will be limited for football games, and I think there is a good chance tailgating will be prohibited or limited in some way for the 2021 season. So if we had to go through a nightmare season for traveling fans, it is not that bad for the 2021 season. At least we didn't lose a great slate of drivable games, like we were supposed to have last season.

It would be really good if the ACC could find a way to switch things up for every year, we play BC and Pitt one at home and one away. We have so few conference games that are drivable...the least they can do is ensure we get a drivable game every year.

BC on Friday night of Labor Day weekend was too good to be true. Especially with the Yankees in town the week before. Usually do a drive to and a fly to for roadies. Thinking Va. Tech and NC State this year.
And apparently I have two weddings to go to this season. One good friend’s daughter in Binghamton on September 18 (Albany) and my nephew in Charlottesville on October 16 ( day after Clemson!) Maybe spend the week at Virginia Beach after that wedding then head to Blacksburg ...

Last year (as originally scheduled) would have been a dream schedule for CNY based fans who like to go to away games.

This year, as you say, it is also a dream. But a nightmare dream.

We play our G5/FCS game away (rare) and worse, it is 537.1 miles (Google says 8 hours and 5 minutes driving time).

Like you say, a lot of the Coastal teams we play are in locations more convenient than our Atlantic opponents, but we are stuck with V Tech in Blacksburg, CA. That is an 8 hours 36 minute drive (again according to Google).

As I have said many times, Louisville is the hardest ACC venue to get to from Syracuse. I am sure it is the same from them trying to get to Syracuse. This is reason 1 why Syracuse and Louisville SHOULD NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be paired together as rivals.

We will of course now have to go to the worst possible place to get in the ACC from Syracuse 3 years in a row. Sigh.

Like you say, there is a low cost direct flight option to get to Raleigh (Frontier I believe) but it is a seasonal thing and it ends in late October/early November and the ACC has again scheduled us to play in Raleigh after that flight stops flying.

I guess if there is solace to be had here, there is a good chance there attendance will be limited for football games, and I think there is a good chance tailgating will be prohibited or limited in some way for the 2021 season. So if we had to go through a nightmare season for traveling fans, it is not that bad for the 2021 season. At least we didn't lose a great slate of drivable games, like we were supposed to have last season.

It would be really good if the ACC could find a way to switch things up for every year, we play BC and Pitt one at home and one away. We have so few conference games that are drivable...the least they can do is ensure we get a drivable game every year.

Yup.

We were going to fly Frontier for the Duke game in 2019. Unfortunately, the seasonal flights ended the Tuesday before the game. If they had lasted one week longer we would have save over $G and had direct flights (our return on United through Newark was a real delight).

Considering going to @Ohio.

Also, my MIL will be full time in Oak Island by November, which is only like 3 hours from Raleigh. Just means being around my MIL...
Rats, I was hoping the game would coincide with the pawpaw festival!

BC on Friday night of Labor Day weekend was too good to be true. Especially with the Yankees in town the week before. Usually do a drive to and a fly to for roadies. Thinking Va. Tech and NC State this year.
And apparently I have two weddings to go to this season. One good friend’s daughter in Binghamton on September 18 (Albany) and my nephew in Charlottesville on October 16 ( day after Clemson!) Maybe spend the week at Virginia Beach after that wedding then head to Blacksburg ...

oh my!! You are going to miss games?? I can’t believe this!!!

If I could change just one thing about our schedule, it would be for the Ohio game to be on a Friday night. I love prior years watching us on the Friday opener and then having the whole day of games Saturday.
Agree completely...plus it opens up Sat-Mon on the last weekend of summer if you want to go camping, etc...

I really like a lot of things about this schedule.

1) Three September home games - should have nice weather for tailgating.
2) Four very winnable games to start. No guarantee at 4-0 by any stretch, but it's there for the taking.
3) FSU & Clemson are still home games opposite years. Very happy to see that!
4) I know (and understand why) some people don't like Friday night games, but I like having at least one. And with one of those being Clemson, I can't wait! Although my liver probably can.

The 2nd half of the schedule looks really tough. I would love to get to 7-5, but I can see anything from 2-10 to 8-4. In my opinion, the season hinges on the Oline (I'm cautiously optimistic) and the Dline (not as optimistic) and how we replace our key pieces in the secondary.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Dome and the tailgate scene!
I’m more confident about the d line than the oline. Do not think Bear is coming back but with black and Kingsley with the reserves DL could be strong.
OL is always the issue and will continue to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom