2021 Schedule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Schedule

I really like a lot of things about this schedule.

1) Three September home games - should have nice weather for tailgating.
2) Four very winnable games to start. No guarantee at 4-0 by any stretch, but it's there for the taking.
3) FSU & Clemson are still home games opposite years. Very happy to see that!
4) I know (and understand why) some people don't like Friday night games, but I like having at least one. And with one of those being Clemson, I can't wait! Although my liver probably can.

The 2nd half of the schedule looks really tough. I would love to get to 7-5, but I can see anything from 2-10 to 8-4. In my opinion, the season hinges on the Oline (I'm cautiously optimistic) and the Dline (not as optimistic) and how we replace our key pieces in the secondary.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Dome and the tailgate scene!
These are the kind of optimistic posts, marbled with hope that make me run back to the Orange and say, "I can't quit you baby."
Others: "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in."
"Why'd you have to wear that?"
"Just one little bowl game, then I'll go."

Question for people who have went to games at FSU: how do you usually get to Tallahassee? Seems like a somewhat tricky place to get to. Flights there (small city with a small airport) seem very expensive (upwards of $500). Do people generally fly into Orlando or Tampa and then drive over? Just curious.

Fingers crossed COVID is out of our lives so I can go to Blacksburg on 10/23 and cross that off my college football bucket list
Same thing. 4 hour drive is a pain but easy Friday half day.

I'm sure I'll get quickly banned for saying this (cuz 'Murica) - is Liberty like our annual rival now? Do we have to play them every year?
I'd rather not play them until Freeze leaves. They are better than us.

These are the kind of optimistic posts, marbled with hope that make me run back to the Orange and say, "I can't quit you baby."
Glad I could help! I'm probably not seen as an optimist by my friends, more of a realist. But every year, after the season ends, no matter how bad, I get flooded with optimism. I love SU football more than anything outside my family & friends. I want (NEED!) it to be good again. :cool:

Did they mention that all the games will be Nooners.

Even the Friday ones.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

And You had me at “ War Damn Otto!”

I'm sure I'll get quickly banned for saying this (cuz 'Murica) - is Liberty like our annual rival now? Do we have to play them every year?
Inform yourself before posting your same old tired snark.

Last edited:
Question for people who have went to games at FSU: how do you usually get to Tallahassee? Seems like a somewhat tricky place to get to. Flights there (small city with a small airport) seem very expensive (upwards of $500). Do people generally fly into Orlando or Tampa and then drive over? Just curious.
2019 we flew into Orlando and spent a few days there , went to Universal then drove up to Tallahassee Saturday morning. Worked out well.

Tally has a dinky airport

I suggest flying into one of the bigger cities.

Drive in for the game. Depending on what city you fly into...staying one night at a motel 50-60 miles out of town can save you money.

When I lived in St Pete...I would spend one night in Perry. You can game it by booking two refundable rez now. One for Friday night and one for Saturday night. Cancel the appropriate rez after the kickoff time is announced 2 weeks out.

If you have never done St. Augustine it is a fun way to spend 1 or 2 days. You can fly into JAX, SFB or MCO

The best beaches are on the gulf coast so flying into TPA or PIE is a great option too. Stay near St Pete/Clearwater.

Destin is another great option...as is NOLA...

BTW, I'll be doing a tailgate at FSU. We got a great setup there for cheap parking.

Last edited:

Jacksonville is your closest bet for a "major" airport. About a 2.5 hour drive to Tallahassee from there, I believe.

one thing about working from home forever is never really needing to sneak out for friday games now..

would have been useful 10 yrs ago trying to watch the kids games mid week

Thought it was interesting that we don't play a conference game until October. Thought with the ACCN driving content all teams played at least one early game. Then I checked and saw we are not alone. BC, Duke, Miami and Pitt also don't play in conference until week 5. On the other hand, when we kick off against FSU, North Carolina will have already played nearly half of their ACC schedule.

Thought it was interesting that we don't play a conference game until October. Thought with the ACCN driving content all teams played at least one early game. Then I checked and saw we are not alone. BC, Duke, Miami and Pitt also don't play in conference until week 5. On the other hand, when we kick off against FSU, North Carolina will have already played nearly half of their ACC schedule.
Interesting...teams that play tougher early schedules might have more injuries but also are more tested.

However, give me an easier September, especially this year.

Thought it was interesting that we don't play a conference game until October. Thought with the ACCN driving content all teams played at least one early game. Then I checked and saw we are not alone. BC, Duke, Miami and Pitt also don't play in conference until week 5. On the other hand, when we kick off against FSU, North Carolina will have already played nearly half of their ACC schedule
We control our nonconference games. Typically we’ve struggled scheduling nonconference games so we’ve had to have the conference fill in the holes with ACC conference games early.
However because this year we finally scheduled the nonconference games for the first four weeks we aren’t playing a conference game early.

BTW I am posting here and non-sports threads still and appreciate your kind words. I don’t like throw H0T Takes a lot so my points tend to have some merit even if you disagree.

We control our nonconference games. Typically we’ve struggled scheduling nonconference games so we’ve had to have the conference fill in the holes with ACC conference games early.
However because this year we finally scheduled the nonconference games for the first four weeks we aren’t playing a conference game early.
You coming down for FSU? Love to share a beer with you.

I’ll try. Typically I travel to the NC road games since I’ll try FSU this year.
I
One option if you are traveling with a wife/GF is to stay near Panama City...not a bad drive from ATL

Also not a bad drive from the motel to the game

Gulf waters should still be above 80 degrees

Refundable rooms are key...still Hurricane Season (knocks on wood)

I tried to book a room at either of the Marriott hotels in Armory Square for Clemson weekend. They’re already full.

I tried to book a room at either of the Marriott hotels in Armory Square for Clemson weekend. They’re already full.
I booked the Sheraton...Probably the weekend of my meetings, so convenient for me to be on campus as long as it is still not COVID central for student quarantine.

One word of advice for travel to Football game newbies.

Get a travel folder you take with you on the trip. Make you refundable room reservations now. Print off it and put in a folder. Save your motel email.

On your calendar/planner...mark an event two weeks out to remind you to cancel any unneeded reservations.

Drive if you can...if you fly make sure you have an out if Covid, life happens.

Tix should be easy to get... mid summer

Comfort Suites in Cicero...nice property

Got military rate for $79

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom