2021 Tokyo Olympic Basketball... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Tokyo Olympic Basketball...

There was a time in my life when something like this would really upset me. I know they will probably win it all eventually, but now I couldn’t care less. Happy for Mike G though! He always seemed like one of the good guys!
The first couple of dream teams I was into when.they would beat Angola by 100. Now Olympic bball does nothing for me. I'd like to see Jeremy do well but I'm not going to lose sleep if they finish 3rd.

Mine's bigger:

Nigeria spring historic upset of USA men’s basketball in Olympic tune-up | USA basketball team | The Guardian

1626053264127.png

I just think that the days when an NBA all-star team could blow everybody away are gone - and that's good for the sport. It means it's growing, internationally. it also means that winning the Olympics will be more heroic and we'll appreciate it more.

I just think that the days when an NBA all-star team could blow everybody away are gone - and that's good for the sport. It means it's growing, internationally. it also means that winning the Olympics will be more heroic and we'll appreciate it more.

Really wish the teams were either 1) actually our best guys or 2) our best young guys (like 25 and under) and that's what we went with.

Steph, Kawhi, Bron, AD, KD (I know hes playing), Harden, etc would be so fun to watch.

Or, go young and get guys like Zion, Book (again, I know hes on the team), etc for the sort of rising stars types.

Right now it's just such a mish mash of players and skill levels, on top of having no one that is a pass-first PG (I know there are fewer and fewer of them)... just seems really disjointed.

I think the most natural passer in that respect, literally, might be Draymond, on this current team.

It's great you can find talent everywhere now see Marek. As fun as the first Dream team was who wants to see 80 point blowouts?

I know these are exhibitions, but this is getting really concerning.

Maybe these guys will turn it on when it matters, but it doesn't feel like they can necessarily do that.

Agree. FIrst game you can call a wake up call. They should have been awake for this one.

This team has no interior size or muscle. Getting out boarded 2 consecutive games. Strange construction. International game lets a lot more contact go and our guys are standing there expecting foul calls like in the NBA. Better get used to this fast and adapt.

They’ll get Devin Booker and Khris Middleton after the NBA finals
I know Donovan Mitchell opted out because of injuries but were Ja Morant and Trae Young offered a spot. I'd feel good with the ball in their hands.

The problem is our guards can’t defend or stop penetration.
Jrue Holiday is a first team all-NBA defender that will help.

We will score the ball but the defense is just atrocious.

Idc who isn’t on the team. They still have the most talent. Just a pathetic effort IMO.
Today they play Argentina at 6 pm. Can the USA squad keep Luis Scola in check? LOL!!!

The problem is our guards can’t defend or stop penetration.
Jrue Holiday is a first team all-NBA defender that will help.

We will score the ball but the defense is just atrocious.
You think he plays over Lillard or Beal? I think Booker may take some of Beals minutes, but even still there's no excuses. And Tatum himself is a good defender.

Today they play Argentina at 6 pm. Can the USA squad keep Luis Scola in check? LOL!!!

Draymond, Grant and Bam are on the team. There's no excuse to get punished that much inside.

Australia 91, USA 83

Jerami appears to again have played well in limited minutes.

The guards are making an alarmingly low number of assists. Looks like Green and Grant might be the two best passers on the team.

Will always enjoy hearing about Syracuse guys in the NBA and hopefully having success. I also will always hope for our Olympians to take the gold. That said I have almost zero interest in the product anymore. I enjoyed the game when it was James Worthy, Clyde Drexler, Hakeem Olajuwan, Magic, Bird, Jordan, etc...today it's to much dribble and launch from 30. It was more enjoyable in my opinion when action was inside and outside. Good luck to our guys though, I am sure they will bounce back and win.

Jerami appears to again have played well in limited minutes.

The guards are making an alarmingly low number of assists. Looks like Green and Grant might be the two best passers on the team.
Lillard played 32 minutes and had one assist and 5 turnovers and 11 three point attempts. Not a great game from one of your primary ball handlers. However he did have six made threes which the team needed. Beal was very quiet in 31 minutes. I watched the game and he definitely disappeared in stretches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom