2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Fog game? Full circle.
It was ungodly. The fog layer was no more than 10 feet or so above the field. The outfielders would go down on one knee at the pitch so they could see the ball. The winning Yankee run scored because the B'more outfielder lost the fly ball in the fog and it landed behind him on the warning track. Would have been a sac fly anyway, but more runs scored.

I have to say, I think this offseason was a masterpiece for Cashman. He met all of his objectives and set the team up for future success. We would all have loved another great starter, but I don't think the numbers would have worked out this year. Kluber as a high risk/high reward option is one that may end up being a huge bargain.

I have to say, I think this offseason was a masterpiece for Cashman. He met all of his objectives and set the team up for future success. We would all have loved another great starter, but I don't think the numbers would have worked out this year. Kluber as a high risk/high reward option is one that may end up being a huge bargain.
He's going to be a 5th starter like guy with a 4.5 era that every once in a while has like a 7 inning 10k start that gets everyone excited about him being "back" even though he definitely is not, and that's fine because really he's buying time for the young arms, Severino and German to get ready and lock in.

Trevor Bauer 1 year 30 million. But that's just me.

Correct.

Wow. I hope you don't invest in the stock market or have a job that involves that type of work. Glad your not a GM. When a Number 1 starter market like Bauer falls thru and you can give him a 1 year 30 million dollar contract you wouldn't do it ?

Yankees hot stove on YES last night said Kluber is worth the risk. Coney said the injury wasn't as bad as a rotator cuff and pitchers usually rebound well from it. The other injury was taking a line drive off the forearm. We will have to wait and see.

Wow. I hope you don't invest in the stock market or have a job that involves that type of work. Glad your not a GM. When a Number 1 starter market like Bauer falls thru and you can give him a 1 year 30 million dollar contract you wouldn't do it ?
That decision has many other variables. The luxury tax, and I know you don’t care about it. But, literally EVERYONE that knows anything about MLB considers the luxury tax. Anyway, aside from that, do you think Bauer would go for a one year deal for $30M? I believe he was seeking a 5 year deal for more than $30M per year. So, even if you were to convince him to sign a one year deal, it would be at a premium, say like $50M. Or, maybe he is a team player and would take a lesser offer from the Yankees because he’s a swell guy. Stick to Monopoly with your father-in-law.

That decision has many other variables. The luxury tax, and I know you don’t care about it. But, literally EVERYONE that knows anything about MLB considers the luxury tax. Anyway, aside from that, do you think Bauer would go for a one year deal for $30M? I believe he was seeking a 5 year deal for more than $30M per year. So, even if you were to convince him to sign a one year deal, it would be at a premium, say like $50M. Or, maybe he is a team player and would take a lesser offer from the Yankees because he’s a swell guy. Stick to Monopoly with your father-in-law.
Bauer wants a 5 year deal worth $200 mil.

Bauer wants a 5 year deal worth $200 mil.

He's not getting it. Time to take a 1 30/35 million dollar deal. And try again next offseason. Again If Cole was okay with it. I would do it.

I wouldn't expect him as a free agent to give the Yankees a lesser deal. But our guys yes our home grown guys like Judge, Gleyber once they come up for contracts or guys that we signed previously from free agency like Tanaka and DJ. Cole I was shocked didn't sign for a little less given he is a Yankee fan.

He's not getting it. Time to take a 1 30/35 million dollar deal. And try again next offseason. Again If Cole was okay with it. I would do it.
NOW youve just added 5mill to your offer.

if im Bauer and you are the negotiating pawn...im holding out for more.

I am as well. I think it is the Yankee fan that was a little kid when Jeter was coming up that thinks the Yankees should win at least 5 of every 10 World Series. I grew up in the 70's. We had the two World Series wins when I was very young and then a very long gap. Steinbrenner tried to buy and trade for winners, but typically he just traded away the young talent (Willie McGee, Fred McGriff...) for some guy that was past his prime. With the rules as they are, you have to have a plan, and Cashman certainly seems to be very good at sticking to his plan.
I grew up in the 80's. Too young to remember the 1981 pennant. Didn't witness a Yankees playoff game until age 18 in 1995. I have plenty of perspective after watching Mel Hall and Jesse Barfield hit HR's into masses of empty seats on WPIX and the MSG network.

The luxury tax threshold is meaningless when you have a franchise as valuable as the Yankees. Why people don't understand this is beyond me. It's Yankee fans like you who give Hal and Cashman an excuse not to spend money.
I actually agree with you that the luxury tax threshold should be meaningless for most teams.
I feel dirty.

16598185-4D07-4246-AE64-2A8D7B4FEB5A.gif

I grew up in the 80's. Too young to remember the 1981 pennant. Didn't witness a Yankees playoff game until age 18 in 1995. I have plenty of perspective after watching Mel Hall and Jesse Barfield hit HR's into masses of empty seats on WPIX and the MSG network.

Ooh cry me a river. I went thru the Lyle Overbay, Travis Hafner, Vernon Wells team. Great team if it was 2006 but it was 2013. Don't make it sound like my fandom has been all candy canes and rainbows.

Ooh cry me a river. I went thru the Lyle Overbay, Travis Hafner, Vernon Wells team. Great team if it was 2006 but it was 2013. Don't make it sound like my fandom has been all candy canes and rainbows.
How many times did they miss the playoffs in your lifetime?