2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

this is just incredible stuff here, i think we are being punked.

kid, even if you were born in 87...im still betting 97, you never 'saw' them spend big.

maybe 1 year...and that was 09.

i and i want you to read what im typing here very carefully...

the 2008 Yankee payroll was approx $209,000,000
the 2009 Yankee payroll was approx $201,500,000

isnt that interesting, they spent big, saved $$$...and WON.

again, this is not a topic you should be engaged in.
I can remember Tom Tresh, Joe Pepitone, Al Downing and then a little bit later the infamous Horace Clarke/Jerry Kenney DP combo. I remember when guys had to leave in the middle of the season for either active Army duty or for the Reserves. Ralph Houk was the manager and George was still a shipbuilder. And, Cuse Runner's parents were still in diapers.

Ooh cry me a river. I went thru the Lyle Overbay, Travis Hafner, Vernon Wells team. Great team if it was 2006 but it was 2013. Don't make it sound like my fandom has been all candy canes and rainbows.

not even close if you lived through the 1990 season of 67-95. The #1 pick that came from that season never played in the majors after a major injury in a bar fight

Last edited:
That's why I love when he says "George wouldn't stand for this!!!" Steinbrenner tried throwing money at those teams in the 80's. But, it was always money wasted and he pushed trades for stars past their prime and gave up promising players. Finally, in the 90's they got a new plan and stuck to it (for the most part). Steinbrenner was the owner, but it sure wasn't his plan or his way.

Only reason that happened was Georgie getting suspended

So... do any of those prospects matter/project to contribute this season?

Yahoo would have been on the Scranton Shuttle and pitched out of the pen at some point (or maybe used as an opener). Can't tell you much about the other three.

I don't understand the Pirates trading this dude away in a cost saving measure.

His contract is for $2M.

Gotta give Cashman credit on this one.
Call into Michael Kay's show tomorrow and let him know. He craves your approval. He's still hoping you and the family can make it down for a game this year and spend a few bucks and keep the team afloat.

Call into Michael Kay's show tomorrow and let him know. He craves your approval. He's still hoping you and the family can make it down for a game this year and spend a few bucks and keep the team afloat.

We pay his salary. As much as you joke about it.