2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Ooh cry me a river. I went thru the Lyle Overbay, Travis Hafner, Vernon Wells team. Great team if it was 2006 but it was 2013. Don't make it sound like my fandom has been all candy canes and rainbows.
ah yes, the beginning of that huge draught of missing the playoffs we all suffered through.

after winning the WS in 2009, the Yankees fan suffered the indignity of going

2010 - Lost ALCS
2011 - Lost ALDS
2012 - Lost ALCS
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - No playoffs
2015- Lost Wild Card
2016 - No Playoffs

to the current 4 year playoffs streak.

from when ii was 6-11, the Yankees went 2-2 in the World Series and lost an ALCS.

my whole Little League experience from K-Ball on was basically Yankees as King, then from last year of LL till when i was twenty fluckin 5, NO PLAYOFFS.

talk about having something ripped away from you...

that my misguided friend, is a draught.

and is why you, need to sit out any complaining about the Yankees.

ah yes, the beginning of that huge draught of missing the playoffs we all suffered through.

2010 - Lost ALCS
2011 - Lost ALDS
2012 - Lost ALCS
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - No playoffs
2015- Lost Wild Card
2016 - No Playoffs

from when ii was 6-11, the Yankees went 2-2 in the World Series and lost an ALCS.

my whole Little League experience from K-Ball on was basically Yankees as King, then from last year of LL till when i was twenty fluckin 5, NO PLAYOFFS.

That's why I love when he says "George wouldn't stand for this!!!" Steinbrenner tried throwing money at those teams in the 80's. But, it was always money wasted and he pushed trades for stars past their prime and gave up promising players. Finally, in the 90's they got a new plan and stuck to it (for the most part). Steinbrenner was the owner, but it sure wasn't his plan or his way.

2010 - Lost ALCS
2011 - Lost ALDS
2012 - Lost ALCS
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - No playoffs
2015- Lost Wild Card
2016 - No Playoffs

And it's not even like it was a bad team in the years the Yankees missed the playoffs. The last time the Yankees had a losing record was 1992.

That's incredible.

2010 - Lost ALCS
2011 - Lost ALDS
2012 - Lost ALCS
2013 - No playoffs
2014 - No playoffs
2015- Lost Wild Card
2016 - No Playoffs

Should have never lost 2011 alds vs the Tigers.

And it's not even like it was a bad team in the years the Yankees missed the playoffs. The last time the Yankees had a losing record was 1992.

That's incredible.
exactly.

the best part of baseball IMO, is from Memorial Day to Labor Day, where its really the only game in town.

as long as theyre competitive, it makes the whole season.

now obviously im dying to make the playoffs and once there...the whole thing, but i enjoy and need the summer when i can look forward to game every day. one where no matter what happened the night before...i 100% think they will win the next one.

even the redsux dont get that every year,

exactly.

the best part of baseball IMO, is from Memorial Day to Labor Day, where its really the only game in town.

now obviously im dying to make the playoffs and once there...the whole thing, but i enjoy and need the summer when i can look forward to game every day. one where no matter what happened the night before...i 100% think they will win the next one.

The annual success over Cashman's tenure is legitimately incredible.

Yes, the Yankees have an abundance of organizational resources. But they haven't squandered them. They compete.

Should have never lost 2011 alds vs the Ti

exactly.

Nobody does. As a fan of the most successful sports team ever, at least in America, it is hard to complain about the "lack of success". But, there is one among us so jaded and spoiled that he is ungrateful for what he has experienced in his life. When there are no lows, it is hard to appreciate the highs.

The annual success over Cashman's tenure is legitimately incredible.

Yes, the Yankees have an abundance of organizational resources. But they haven't squandered them. They compete.

Cashman and Hal. Made it clear I'm not happy with them. They have not held up the legacy and standards of George.

Cashman and Hal. Made it clear I'm not happy with them. They have not held up the legacy and standards of George.
How do you see this as truth? They win at a far better rate than George ever did.

the legacy and standards of George...hahahahha.

whats next?? you going to tell us what it was like when FDR & Truman pulled the US out of the Depression with their policies??

you dont even know what & when the George era was.

ill help you out...

i was going to make you google this, but id rather just tell you and wait for your response.

the 1970's Yankees success was all Gabe Paul.
the 1980's Yankees success was all George
the 1990's Yankees success was all Stick Michael
the 2000's Yankees success and beyond is all Brian Cashman

now tell me which one of these era's is the best???

the legacy and standards of George...hahahahha.

whats next?? you going to tell us what it was like when FDR & Truman pulled the US out of the Depression with their policies??

you dont even know what & when the George era was.

ill help you out...

i was going to make you google this, but id rather just tell you and wait for your response.

the 1970's Yankees success was all Gabe Paul.
the 1980's Yankees success was all George
the 1990's Yankees success was all Stick Michael
the 2000's Yankees success and beyond is all Brian Cashman

now tell me which one of these era's is the best???

Been over this I'm not happy with our lack of spending under Hal. This offseason totally cool we resigned DJ although should have been sooner and added Kluber. We have the money to bring Tanaka back but willing to let him go got some high upside youth in rotation. Next offseason no excuses reset LUXURY tax this offseason not that it should matter when your the 2nd most valuable sports franchise. But next offseason stat free agent class Correa Baez Story Jose Ramirez Lindor Arenado Bryant Freeman and those are just position players. Spend money like we have it and upgrade.

Been over this I'm not happy with our lack of spending under Hal. This offseason totally cool we resigned DJ although should have been sooner and added Kluber. We have the money to bring Tanaka back but willing to let him go got some high upside youth in rotation. Next offseason no excuses reset LUXURY tax this offseason not that it should matter when your the 2nd most valuable sports franchise. But next offseason stat free agent class Correa Baez Story Jose Ramirez Lindor Arenado Bryant Freeman and those are just position players. Spend money like we have it and upgrade.
We? Maybe if you just offered to pay the luxury tax bill, they just might go after an expensive starter or two.

We? Maybe if you just offered to pay the luxury tax bill, they just might go after an expensive starter or two.

How much do Yankee fans every year invest time and money into supporting our team ?

You don't want to go down that route. George would put the best team out there year after year under his ownership. I'm satisfied with this offseason so far. Next offseason no excuses with the level of talent out on the free agent market and our all important luxury tax resetting.

Since I remember watching in 1995 also attended first game that year as kid. Missed playoffs 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016.
You remember watching when you were 4? Or less? Wow, great memory.

So you’re not in your 20s like you posted before.

You made it everybody’s business by posting about it, slapnuts.

Back to topic. We better spend big next offseason. All I'm saying.

Or else what?

NOTHING.

You’re too wet behind the ears for all of this.

Yeah you don't care. Because you already bought your world series title this year. I see through your game.

No excuses next offseason luxury tax will be reset we can spend big on a great free agent market.

this is just incredible stuff here, i think we are being punked.

kid, even if you were born in 87...im still betting 97, you never 'saw' them spend big.

maybe 1 year...and that was 09.

i and i want you to read what im typing here very carefully...

the 2008 Yankee payroll was approx $209,000,000
the 2009 Yankee payroll was approx $201,500,000

isnt that interesting, they spent big, saved $$$...and WON.

again, this is not a topic you should be engaged in.

How much do Yankee fans every year invest time and money into supporting our team ?

You don't want to go down that route. George would put the best team out there year after year under his ownership. I'm satisfied with this offseason so far. Next offseason no excuses with the level of talent out on the free agent market and our all important luxury tax resetting.
You need to stop with the George stuff. You sound silly.

Back to topic. We better spend big next offseason. All I'm saying.
I think they will have to spend “big” next year. That’s what the whole reset this year about. But, most of the spending will be on retaining their talent.

Yeahyou don't care. Because you already bought your world series title this year. I see through your game.

No excuses next offseason luxury tax will be reset we can spend big on a great free agent market.
alZuaVJ.gif.cf.gif