2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Visiting team. Simple Griffey Jr got get over it.

George cost the Yankees a chance at ever getting a generational talent in Griffey, simply by being a jerk.

Last edited:
You’re right, racial discrimination is not a big deal.

Dont even go there man. George gave college scholarships out to hundreds of kids black white Hispanic etc from the poor neighborhoods in the bronx.

Dont even go there man. George gave college scholarships out to hundreds of kids black white Hispanic etc from the poor neighborhoods in the bronx.
So what? It doesn’t change the fact that a white player was treated differently from a black player.

I think I remember reading that Bobby Bonds had a kid who was treated similarly when Bonds was a Yankee.

You needed him in 95. Did you cry when he slid in safe?

We didn't have the number 1 pick in the draft when he was drafted and took by Seattle. So your take is mute.

So what? It doesn’t change the fact that a white player was treated differently from a black player.

Oh god. Give me a break. How do u know couldnt have had happened to Andy Hawkins kid when Don Mattingly and his kid were doing the same thing.

I cried too, but for different reasons.

2007 final series regular season vs the Marlins. Two can play this game pal. I have been alive and lived 5 world series titles as a Yankee fan. My fandom has been good to me.

Wow, Tanaka going back to Japan for a 1 year, $7.7 million deal. Could have made double from the Yankees, and many other teams too. He must have really wanted to return home. Maybe some cultural or personal reasons. It will be interesting to hear more.
Ok, not sure if I am allowed to quote myself, but have a hot take theory

After a cursory Internet search, it appears Tanaka's wife is some sort of celebrity in Japan. She is in a Jpop band, which I assume could be lucrative. Therefore, if she is missing Japan, it would make sense for him to pitch back home. Finishes his career in a place where his wife is happier, and they feel culturally more comfortable.

Not to mention he made a cool $155 million in his stint with the Yankees.

Ok, not sure if I am allowed to quote myself, but have a hot take theory

After a cursory Internet search, it appears Tanaka's wife is some sort of celebrity in Japan. She is in a Jpop band, which I assume could be lucrative. Therefore, if she is missing Japan, it would make sense for him to pitch back home. Finishes his career in a place where his wife is happier, and they feel culturally more comfortable.

Not to mention he made a cool $155 million in his stint with the Yankees.
Yeah he seems to have done well in life.