2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Gardy was due to make $10 mil, with a $2.5 mil buyout. We might bring him back as a 4th OF.

Happ needed 10 starts or 61.1 innings for his $17 mil vesting option to kick in. He got 9 starts and 49.1 innings.

Last edited:
Offseason To Do list

1. Resign DJ (4 years 80 million)
2. Sign JT Realmuto (5 years 125 million) Trade Sanchez (could probably get a middling prospect and a player)
3. Resign Tanaka and offer Paxton Qualifying offer which he will likely take.

Realmuto isn't leaving Philly unless someone offers him 8 years minimum.

Did I miss the Phillies in the playoffs this postseason ?

He likes cheesesteaks.

He likes cheesesteaks.

I guess he likes missing the postseason got use to it playing for the Marlins. Doesn't want to be a winning player.

Guy just had TJ surgery in August. Was he expecting a raise?

That is not accurate. Relievers do not take as long to return from Tommy John. He had surgery in August so he should theoretically be back in May or so.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble at all naming 5-6 pitchers who returned to the lineup 9 months after TJ surgery.

I'll give you 24 hours to back up your claim.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble at all naming 5-6 pitchers who returned to the lineup 9 months after TJ surgery.

I'll give you 24 hours to back up your claim.

I don't have any names. It's just me being educated as someone who played baseball growing up and have been a baseball fan my whole life.

I don't have any names. It's just me being educated as someone who played baseball growing up and have been a baseball fan my whole life.

David Robertson had TJ surgery in August 2019. It was a full YEAR before he was even able to throw a bullpen session. Unfortunately he had a setback and missed all of 2020 anyways.

Jordan Hicks had TJ surgery June 2019. Wasn't expected back until at least August 2020, but opted out this season.

Kahnle had TJ surgery in August 2020. If he doesn't have any issues, he might be able to pitch at AAA next September.

It ain't gonna be May.

You stand corrected.

You stand corrected.

Fine. Maybe it's just because as a Yankee fan the Yankees usually from Cashman seems to always give pessimistic long term return times as opposed more optimistic shorter term. Famous one Gleyber Torres out 6 to 8 weeks he was back in 2 weeks. He doesnt have a medical license either. Just saying so there's reason for me as a fan to doubt their time tables.

Fine. Maybe it's just because as a Yankee fan the Yankees usually from Cashman seems to always give pessimistic long term return times as opposed more optimistic shorter term. Famous one Gleyber Torres out 6 to 8 weeks he was back in 2 weeks. He doesnt have a medical license either. Just saying so there's reason for me as a fan to doubt their time tables.

How did you get from "3-6 weeks" to "6-8 weeks"? Listening to the voices in your head again?

Fact check: Torres missed almost 3 weeks.

And, of course, in your position as an orthopedic surgeon. :rolleyes:

1 year, $18.9 mil. Just a starting point for negotiations.

Tanaka and Paxton were not extended qualifying offers.

1 year, $18.9 mil. Just a starting point for negotiations.

Tanaka and Paxton were not extended qualifying offers.
Figured they would try and work out offers for LeMahieu and Tanaka. Surprised they offered LeMahieu a qualifying offer instead. Must be thinking they are going to lose him. Not surprised about Paxton.

Figured they would try and work out offers for LeMahieu and Tanaka. Surprised they offered LeMahieu a qualifying offer instead. Must be thinking they are going to lose him. Not surprised about Paxton.

Stop it. DJ will be there big money spend of the offseason. Tanaka will prob come back cheap.

Tanaka would have made $23 mil last year. The Yanks must figure they can re-up him for less than $18.9 mil a year. Maybe 3 years $48-50 mil?

Paxton made $12.5 mil. Not worth an $18.9 mil offer.

Only 6 players got offers:
Trevor Bauer, Reds
Kevin Gausman, Giants
DJ LeMahieu, Yankees
JT Realmuto, Phillies
George Springer, Astros
Marcus Stroman, Mets

That is not accurate. Relievers do not take as long to return from Tommy John. He had surgery in August so he should theoretically be back in May or so.

In your history of ridiculous assertions, this ranks right up there. But I know you're blue collar style, you'd be out throwing bullpen the day after surgery.

Is it time to release the Kraken?