2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

1604772887530.png

1604772906215.png

Yankees protect RHPs Roansy Contrera, Yoendrys Gomez and Alexander Vargas, plus INF Oswald Peraza from Rule 5 Draft. The Yankees' 40-man roster is now full.

Sounds like the Yankees might be in on Kluber. Since he's going to need to go on the 40 man roster you have to wonder why they would want to free up a spot for him given the difficulty they have keeping their most valuable prospects. Also, is he really any better than Happ at this point? Maybe cheaper I guess since he's coming off a string of injuries.

It seems the Yankees aren't in the Realmundo market, so I guess Gary for one more year. Hopefully out of all the catchers they've drafted the last few years one of them is ready for the show in 2022

It seems the Yankees aren't in the Realmundo market, so I guess Gary for one more year. Hopefully out of all the catchers they've drafted the last few years one of them is ready for the show in 2022
I think Gary is capable of a spring back year. I expect him to improve his defense, hit .250 and hit 40 homers. I don’t think he has the personality to sustain that, so maybe next year they can trade him when his stock would be much higher.

It seems the Yankees aren't in the Realmundo market, so I guess Gary for one more year.

This really irks me. If George was alive JT would be a Yankee. Memo to HAL and Cash: THERE IS NO SALARY CAP IN BASEBALL.

This really irks me. If George was alive JT would be a Yankee. Memo to HAL and Cash: THERE IS NO SALARY CAP IN BASEBALL.
We are good at spending other people's money, aren't we?

I think Gary is capable of a spring back year. I expect him to improve his defense, hit .250 and hit 40 homers. I don’t think he has the personality to sustain that, so maybe next year they can trade him when his stock would be much higher.
Yeah, I think they need to rehabilitate him a little. But hard at this point to feel good about him being the long term solution.