2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Yeah and he got 6 world series appearances and 4 world series titles between 1996 and 2003. George started to go into health decline around 2004 2005 otherwise he would have kept his foot on the gas pedal.

I'm very much for an entire organization philosophy of fear from front office down to bat boy. People need to be in fear of losing their jobs to get the best out of them that is what George believed and led by in his hey day and I would like too see u get back to taking that approach. We have some players and team personnel in particular who need to have some fear put in them. Giancarlo if George was alive and in his prime would have never let himself be taken out of the lineup IN GAME 2 OF THE ALCS VS THE ASTROS WHEN WE HAD A 1 GAME TO NONE LEAD IN THE SERIES.
Because stick micheal and Cashman built those teams. Ya that's a great way to go to work everyday to fear losing your job. You would be tons of fun to work for.

The point is I really believe in using fear to drive performance and results in pro sports.

Because stick micheal and Cashman built those teams. Ya that's a great way to go to work everyday to fear losing your job. You would be tons of fun to work for.

U wanna cash a check and not win go play for Pittsburgh Pirates or Baltimore Orioles. Fella Yankee fans on here or not would agree we have a couple guys who need to play with some fear in them Stanton is at the top of the list. I'm not letting go what he did in the 2019 alcs. We destroyed houston in game 1 win too.

U wanna cash a check and not win go play for Pittsburgh Pirates or Baltimore Orioles. Fella Yankee fans on here or not would agree we have a couple guys who need to play with some fear in them Stanton is at the top of the list. I'm not letting go what he did in the 2019 alcs. We destroyed houston in game 1 win too.
You think it's healthy for people to go to work everyday having to deal with the stress and anxiety of losing their job?

You think it's healthy for people to go to work everyday having to deal with the stress and anxiety of losing their job?

Yes. In the right settings and situations to get the best performance out of a person and overall team result. I believe in fear being used to get that. I read up and watched enough on how George was in the 70s during that 1976 to 1981 range. He used fear of losing his job to get Billy Martin in 1977 to get the Yankees on track after an inconsistent start to the season he got him to start batting reggie cleanup and the team took off.

He used fear of losing his job to get Billy Martin in 1977 to get the Yankees on track after an inconsistent start to the season he got him to start batting reggie cleanup and the team took off.

I watched “The Bronx is Burning” too, Hulk!

Yeah and he got 6 world series appearances and 4 world series titles between 1996 and 2003. George started to go into health decline around 2004 2005 otherwise he would have kept his foot on the gas pedal.

I'm very much for an entire organization philosophy of fear from front office down to bat boy. People need to be in fear of losing their jobs to get the best out of them that is what George believed and led by in his hey day and I would like too see u get back to taking that approach. We have some players and team personnel in particular who need to have some fear put in them. Giancarlo if George was alive and in his prime would have never let himself be taken out of the lineup IN GAME 2 OF THE ALCS VS THE ASTROS WHEN WE HAD A 1 GAME TO NONE LEAD IN THE SERIES.
‘He’ got nothing.

or at least had nothing to do with it.

‘He’ was, now stay with me here...SUSPENDED, for the previous 2.5 seasons and when he was freed, he came back, did nothing and let Gene Michael continue to run the show.

Stick was the true hero of those 4 titles in 6 years when you were 2.

Last edited:
‘He’ got nothing.

it at least had nothing to do with it.

‘He’ was, now stay with me here...SUSPENDED, for the previous 2.5 seasons and when he came back, he came back and did nothing and let Gene Michael continue to run the show.

Like you would know...

;)

‘He’ got nothing.

it at least had nothing to do with it.

‘He’ was, now stay with me here...SUSPENDED, for the previous 2.5 seasons and when he came back, he came back and did nothing and let Gene Michael continue to run the show.

You might even say that they started winning in the 90’s by abandoning the Steinbrenner philosophy? So, he may be responsible by giving an example of what NOT to do.

You might even say that they started winning in the 90’s by abandoning the Steinbrenner philosophy? So, he may be responsible by giving an example of what NOT to do.
Aaahh... The old reverse barometer strategy. Very clever.

News from Yankees camp. German is lighting it up so far. Looks really good.

Never had to apologize to me for anything other than a bad start.

News from Yankees camp. German is lighting it up so far. Looks really good.

Never had to apologize to me for anything other than a bad start.
Now I know you are a troll just here to get people worked up with your ridiculous takes.

Now I know you are a troll just here to get people worked up with your ridiculous takes.

How does me being a fan and not getting wrapped up in the players on my favorite teams personal life make me a troll. He made a mistake served his time made his apologies to the people he needed too. Just said he didn't need to apologize to me as a fan.

How does me being a fan and not getting wrapped up in the players on my favorite teams personal life make me a troll. He made a mistake service his time made his apologies to the people he needed. Just said he didn't need to apologize to me as a fan.
Dismissing a player beating his girlfriend is either a troll move or it makes you a piece of crap.

Dismissing a player beating his girlfriend is either a troll move or it makes you a piece of crap.

We don't know what happened German was not arrested and no police report was filed. Just saying most fans if he goes out there and goes 18-3 like he did in 2019 people won't remember.

We don't know what happened German was not arrested and no police report was filed. Just saying most fans if he goes out there and goes 18-3 like he did in 2019 people won't remember.
I don’t know, but I have two daughters...one turns 17 today SHOUT OUT TO LACEY...anyway, I know I won’t forget. Same with Chapman. They can move on and hopefully be better men, but I wouldn’t want my girls around guys that could ever do that.

How does me being a fan and not getting wrapped up in the players on my favorite teams personal life make me a troll. He made a mistake served his time made his apologies to the people he needed too. Just said he didn't need to apologize to me as a fan.
Well, I will hold on echoing orangefog's sentiments (as I am also the father of two daughters and agree 1,000% with him!), but how come you aren't angry with him for letting his team down by getting into some kind of trouble that caused him to be suspended and therefore unable to help his (or is it, "your") team. He served his time, but he failed his teammates. Maybe he should, y'know, "live in fear" (like his significant other is very likely doing), as that will bring the best out in him. Hmmm, put MORE pressure on someone with abusive tendencies...what could possibly go wrong?

I don’t know, but I have two daughters...one turns 17 today SHOUT OUT TO LACEY...anyway, I know I won’t forget. Same with Chapman. They can move on and hopefully be better men, but I wouldn’t want my girls around guys that could ever do that.

I have a four year old daughter myself. Just letting u know who your talking too.