2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

$500 mil is only $290 mil over the tax threshold.

That's just a $145 mil tax penalty.

Your $500 mil now costs $645 mil.

Someone better buy a crapload of mugs from the team store.
I guarantee CR is the type to early withdraw from a retirement account, taking a 10% penalty on top of the ordinary income tax rate.

I guarantee CR is the type to early withdraw from a retirement account, taking a 10% penalty on top of the ordinary income tax rate.

I'm going to hold Hal accountable for not spending money and improving the team like we have the money and resources to do.

I'm going to hold Hal accountable for not spending money and improving the team like we have the money and resources to do.
I think they should do a DNA test on Hal, because there is no way he comes from the seed of George.

65247311.jpg

I think they should do a DNA test on Hal, because there is no way he comes from the seed of George.

He doesn't have that same drive and will to win that George had.

I will have to take your word for it, because I don't know him personally.

We will find out for sure this next offseason. Star studded free agent class. I want Noah Syndergaard, then and or Carlos Correa/Trevor Story/Corey Seager or Freddie Freeman depending on how we want to arrange our infield.

We will find out for sure this next offseason. Star studded free agent class. I want Noah Syndergaard, then and or Carlos Correa/Trevor Story/Corey Seager or Freddie Freeman depending on how we want to arrange our infield.
Which current players that are on one year deals do you want to let go?

He doesn't have that same drive and will to win that George had.
Hal is more of a business manager who wants operating profits. He spends (top 3) to put a consistently good product on the field but isn't driven to win championships and build the brand.

Careful. Dont poke the bear.

Oh? Then what are you whining about?

I meant to say. We can take what we want. We havent been doing it enough. Hal will hear from us if we dont go big game hunting next offseason. I leave it at that.

I meant to say. We can take what we want. We havent been doing it enough. Hal will hear from us if we dont go big game hunting next offseason. I leave it at that.

The champs ain’t exactly the little sisters of the poor, hulk.

Our Yankees have only two of the top 20 players for 2021 (per MLBN's top 100). I don't think we have been in the position of "taking what we want," do you? The Angels, Braves, Dodgers, Indians, Mets and Padres all have two in the top 20 as well, and the Angels, Braves and Dodgers pairs are both in the top 10. The two Yankees come in at 11th and 14th.
With all that being said...I still very much like our chances this year (with reasonable health and some good fortune). But this, "We will outspend everyone" and "I'd make players perform better by instilling fear into them" is nonsensical. You (and I) are fans of one of the most historically successful programs in all team sports, yet you have this bully mentality about being the best.
Do you know why so many people HATE the Yankees? Because of fans like you and your feelings of entitlement (that's a word that won't likely sit well with you) towards always being the best.
Give it a rest. Show some humility. And remember, as far as Hal and the Yankees organization are concerned, they're happy to have you as a diehard fan. But if you aren't happy with them and their lack of accountability, and you therefore never purchase another piece of memorabilia, or another ticket, or watch another game on YES, they won't notice. They won't care. Your opinion matters more to us, mostly due to shear entertainment value, then it ever will to them.

Our Yankees have only two of the top 20 players for 2021 (per MLBN's top 100). I don't think we have been in the position of "taking what we want," do you? The Angels, Braves, Dodgers, Indians, Mets and Padres all have two in the top 20 as well, and the Angels, Braves and Dodgers pairs are both in the top 10. The two Yankees come in at 11th and 14th.
With all that being said...I still very much like our chances this year (with reasonable health and some good fortune). But this, "We will outspend everyone" and "I'd make players perform better by instilling fear into them" is nonsensical. You (and I) are fans of one of the most historically successful programs in all team sports, yet you have this bully mentality about being the best.
Do you know why so many people HATE the Yankees? Because of fans like you and your feelings of entitlement (that's a word that won't likely sit well with you) towards always being the best.
Give it a rest. Show some humility. And remember, as far as Hal and the Yankees organization are concerned, they're happy to have you as a diehard fan. But if you aren't happy with them and their lack of accountability, and you therefore never purchase another piece of memorabilia, or another ticket, or watch another game on YES, they won't notice. They won't care. Your opinion matters more to us, mostly due to shear entertainment value, then it ever will to them.
To be clear, there are NO Yankee fans like crunner here.

we give those kind of fans a Bronx Welcome...