2021 Yankees Season | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Great. Another .220 HR hitter.

That's the game in 2021. Oh, and he's walks a lot and is a great defender. Not a free agent until 2023, too. Great acquisition.

That's the game in 2021. Oh, and he's walks a lot and is a great defender. Not a free agent until 2023, too. Great acquisition.
Great? Might be a little much. He has never hit better than .225 in his life.

Great? Might be a little much. He has never hit better than .225 in his life.
Great for this team right now. Balances the lineup and addresses outfield offensive production deficiencies.

If we keep working at it we’ll have low average power hitters 1-9. It’s not winning baseball.

If we keep working at it we’ll have low average power hitters 1-9. It’s not winning baseball.
If they walk frequently (like Gallo, Sanchez, Judge and Stanton do), I don't care if their averages aren't high.

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

Well, it can't hurt. But, and this is the sky is blue, they really need a CF that can hit from the left side and run. That isn't Gallo. But like I say, it can't hurt them.
According to the metrics, Gallo is an excellent right fielder and has been above average as a center fielder.

If they walk frequently (like Gallo, Sanchez, Judge and Stanton do), I don't care if their averages aren't high.

Agree. OBP, and OPS are important metrics. Gallo is top 6 in AL in OBP and top 10 in OPS.

It's a lineup that desperately needs a left handed impact bat.

He's a plus defender in the outfield.

Given the way teams play shifts, it's going to be harder for certain hitters to get the batting average up.

The only thing I don't like is his high strikeout rate. Yankees have a lot of those, and it's biting them in the runner on 3rd less than 2 outs situations.

But again, beggars can't always be choosers. I know the prospects they gave up were having good years, but they were nowhere near the Top 100, and may not have been in the Yankees next iteration of the Top 10. Plus this deal doesn't end up subsidizing the other teams.

The only thing I don't like is his high strikeout rate. Yankees have a lot of those, and it's biting them in the runner on 3rd less than 2 outs situations.
Although, there is a good chance he will draw a walk in that situation.

Great for this team right now. Balances the lineup and addresses outfield offensive production deficiencies.
How much did you give up to get him? That might be a telling sign.

How much did you give up to get him? That might be a telling sign.
Is your point that they gave up a lot or that they didn't give up much at all so therefore he is not that valuable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom