2021 Yankees Season | Page 186 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

No help from Washington and Baltimore tonight. Let’s go Angels! Can Trout come off the IL this weekend, please?

Yankees (L) 91-69 (+1.0)
Red Sox (W) 90-70 (-)

Mariners (L) 89-71 (-1.0)
Blue Jays (W) 89-71 (-1.0)

Last edited:
Sanchez at bat was horrible. 3 pitch strikeout with 2 out of the zone. Might as well have let Higgs bat there.

Just needed a base hit to keep the line moving.

Gary swings for the fences.

The mistake was the 9th inning pitching and it started last night. I still don’t get why someone didn’t go 2 last night so that Green or Sevy were available tonight. Ok, so he went 1 inking with everyone last night. I figured maybe the philosophy was being able to pitch 1 or more of them tonight. Our relievers have all pitched back to back games. But no, we stick with two guys who aren’t used to this situation in German and Abreu. So dumb. The 9th should have been Green, Sevy or Chappie.

Boone dumb decisions for pitching the 9th cost what would have been a great come from behind rally in the bottom of the 9th to win. How do you entrust a 1 run game in the 9th to a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 months and then a guy who has been sent down to AAA multiple times this season while you have Chapman warming up? Made no sense.

The mistake was the 9th inning pitching and it started last night. I still don’t get why someone didn’t go 2 last night so that Green or Sevy were available tonight. Ok, so he went 1 inking with everyone last night. I figured maybe the philosophy was being able to pitch 1 or more of them tonight. Our relievers have all pitched back to back games. But no, we stick with two guys who aren’t used to this situation in German and Abreu. So dumb. The 9th should have been Green, Sevy or Chappie.
My memory is a little foggy but I thought Abreu got squeezed on that Franco at bat. A couple of the pitches prior to the hit looked like they were strikes.

I get the feeling that this just isn’t my weekend. Bodes well for FSU getting their first win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom