2022-23 Portal Cup | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Portal Cup

No, you're mistaken. Here's the quote by Saban

"A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn't buy one player. But I don't know if we're going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

Yeah ok the team with former head coaches working as analysts doesnt have the money to buy whatever they want. Sure.

That’s not what he was talking about anyways if you bother to read the linked article.

Yeah ok the team with former head coaches working as analysts doesnt have the money to buy whatever they want. Sure.

That’s not what he was talking about anyways if you bother to read the linked article.
I was responding to your comment “His school will NEVER be out bid.”

you said it. I was pointing out Saban suggested they were

I was responding to your comment “His school will NEVER be out bid.”

you said it. I was pointing out Saban suggested they were

Ah he said A&M bought every player and they didn’t buy one player. He didn’t say they were outbid nor did he say they couldn’t afford it.

The comment about sustainability really doesn’t mean much other than not many schools are going to be able to sustain it over the long haul. Sure he specifically said ‘we’ but being real here Bama can aford it the question is do they want to. Bama football operating revenue is well north of 150 million dollars and they have the boosters to pay for whatever they need in NIL.

I have no idea if the kid is a potential NFL player but with about 1 minute to play a 5th year FSU OL suffered a real bad leg injury. Had to be carted off with an air cast on and his whole team came on the field as he was carted off. Even a ref came up to him and shook his hand.

What’s your point?

He made a personal choice to play and paid the price. That was his decision to make and I’m not going to fault him for it. The market will, though.

What’s your point?

He made a personal choice to play and paid the price. That was his decision to make and I’m not going to fault him for it. The market will, though.

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? You responding to the wrong post?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? You responding to the wrong post?
I’m asking what your point was of posting it in response. Simple question, you lost?

I’m asking what your point was of posting it in response. Simple question, you lost?

Lol. There was no “point”. Just an example of a kid that got hurt who may or may not be a draft prospect. Then I like the video which was touching. I made no opinion on whether the kid should have played or not.

Which is it--"declined" or "denied"? One word indicates the players made the choice not to play; the other that the school did not permit them to play after they announced they would be transferring.

Rumor is it could happen for us.
8AD6D81A-09E6-4FE0-AB02-DBBD154E7096.gif

I've seen at least three kids today that had entered the portal withdraw their name from the portal and return to their school. Some are realizing that the grass isn't greener elsewhere.
You have to enter the portal just to test the market. I think for a decent amount of kids they aren’t sure if there are greener pastures. It probably looks something like:

- kids that have a greener pasture pre-determined through intermediaries.
- kids who got the talk
- kids shown the door
- kids that need a pay check but aren’t sure about the market
- kids getting used by handlers

You have to enter the portal just to test the market. I think for a decent amount of kids they aren’t sure if there are greener pastures. It probably looks something like:

- kids that have a greener pasture pre-determined through intermediaries.
- kids who got the talk
- kids shown the door
- kids that need a pay check but aren’t sure about the market
- kids getting used by handlers
Difference between "got the talk" and "shown the door'?

Difference between "got the talk" and "shown the door'?
Shown the door is for disciplinary reasons and non-negotiable from the player end. The talk is the staff being honest with the player and the ball in their court on whether they want to fight to stay. Not every player that gets the talk elects to enter the portal. Once they do though they do so knowing the current staff will not take them back.

Internet rumors suggest McCall is struggling to transfer his credits from Coastal Carolina - probably why he's going back.

Uh oh...that episode on Black Mirror really is happening.

Internet rumors suggest McCall is struggling to transfer his credits from Coastal Carolina - probably why he's going back.
Coastal's academic standards aren't keeping pace with the rest of the football world?

I've seen at least three kids today that had entered the portal withdraw their name from the portal and return to their school. Some are realizing that the grass isn't greener elsewhere.
Some bright journalist is going to make a name for himself or herself by writing an report on the portal and why 60% of the kids don’t find a place to land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom