2/4 at Boston College
2/8 at Florida State
2/14 NC State
2/18 Duke
2/22 at Clemson
2/25 at Pitt
2/28 Georgia Tech
3/4 Wake Forest
After a great Saturday night schedule last year, the ACC really hosed us. One Monday night, FOUR on Tuesday night, One on Wednesday night, Three on Saturday and one on either Friday or Saturday (BC). Those mid-week games will really impact the house, especially if they are 8 or 9 pm starts.

So, that makes the road games almost opposite. Six on Saturdays, One on Monday, One on Tuesday and Two on Wednesday. Is it really that difficult in the era of computers to give each team five home and five away on a Saturday,

It’s a lousy home schedule if you have long drives to games. I wonder how many of the weeknight games are late starts. When you’ve been lousy, you aren‘t going to get the better schedule. I saw yesterday that SU was picked 12th in a preseason poll. That’s not good.

It’s a lousy home schedule if you have long drives to games. I wonder how many of the weeknight games are late starts. When you’ve been lousy, you aren‘t going to get the better schedule. I saw yesterday that SU was picked 12th in a preseason poll. That’s not good.
I think people are underestimating this team. People see that Cuse lost 3 starters off their worst team under JB and assume the worst. What they don't realize is the freshman class is underrated and contains athletes that fit the system better than the guys who left. This year will be turbulent, but it's probably another middle of the ACC year, not a basement dwelling year. And it could be a team that starts putting it all together late just in time to surprise people.

Our success may depend on JB being willing to change up a little. If not, it could be another losing season. Too many young players to expect them to be ready to perform on the big stage. Strength in numbers might be the strongest thing we have going for us. If we go back to playing six guys, we probably won’t be successful.

I think people are underestimating this team. People see that Cuse lost 3 starters off their worst team under JB and assume the worst. What they don't realize is the freshman class is underrated and contains athletes that fit the system better than the guys who left. This year will be turbulent, but it's probably another middle of the ACC year, not a basement dwelling year. And it could be a team that starts putting it all together late just in time to surprise people.
So much hope and optimism in your post.

That's not an unreasonable assumption.
So much hope and optimism in your post.
I'm just happy to be heading back towards a good system fit. I'm high on these guys developing well. When it all clicks -- whether this year or next -- it will be a team that can play JB's system on both sides of the court.

I'm just happy to be heading back towards a good system fit. I'm high on these guys developing well. When it all clicks -- whether this year or next -- it will be a team that can play JB's system on both sides of the court.
I do agree that the guys we have fit what we do much better .

I just hope the forwards are able to develop so they aren’t a weakness. We seem to be fine at guard and center, but could use a viable backup to Jesse.

If two forwards are able to really make the leap and be significant contributors, we will be successful. If not, we may be in for another rough season, albeit with an easier schedule.

I just hope the forwards are able to develop so they aren’t a weakness. We seem to be fine at guard and center, but could use a viable backup to Jesse.

If two forwards are able to really make the leap and be significant contributors, we will be successful. If not, we may be in for another rough season, albeit with an easier schedule.
Benny, Benny, Benny. So much depends on Benny

I hope to drive in with my youngest for the ACC home opener against Pitt. Would actually be our first game in the Dome-He started really getting into it last year. We were supposed to go last year, but had to cancel when he wasn't feeling well. Hope it'll still be good crowd, in spite of being a Tuesday night game in late December.

GameDateOpponentTimeTV
Tues, Oct 25Indiana (PA)*
Tues, Nov 1Southern NH*
Mon, Nov 7Lehigh
Tues, Nov 15Colgate
Sat, Nov 19Northeastern
Mon, Nov 21Richmond7:00 p.m.ESPNU
Tues, Nov 22St John's / Temple7 / 9:00 p.m.ESPN2
Sat, Nov 26Bryant
Tues, Nov 29at Illinois
Sat, Dec 3at Notre Dame
Tues, Dec 6Oakland
Sat, Dec 10Georgetown
Mon, Dec 12Monmouth
Sat, Dec 17Cornell
Tues, Dec 20Pittsburgh
Dec 30 or 31Boston College
Tues, Jan 3at Louisville
Sat, Jan 7at Virginia
Wed, Jan 11Virginia Tech
Sat, Jan 14Notre Dame
Mon, Jan 16at Miami
Sat, Jan 21at Georgia Tech
Tues, Jan 24North Carolina
Sat, Jan 28at Virginia Tech
Mon, Jan 30Virginia
Sat, Feb 4at Boston College
Wed, Feb 8at Florida St
Tues, Feb 14NC State
Sat, Feb 18Duke
Wed, Feb 22at Clemson
Sat, Feb 25at Pittsburgh
Tues, Feb 28Georgia Tech
Sat, Mar 4Wake Forest
Mar 7-11ACCT (at Greensboro)

Low expectations in the ACC gives us a pretty favorable schedule, if you consider having to break in so many new players and make a cohesive team out of them.

We get to play over 20 games before we face North Carolina, and it's mid-February until we get Duke. The team will have had plenty of time to develop into whatever we may be this year.

The early season schedule looks pretty manageable, and the conference games are not too top-heavy. I like this schedule a lot.

Of course we're in a league where eventually we are going to have a stretch of tough games, but it doesn't seem that bad until about mid-January.

Benny, Benny, Benny. So much depends on Benny

He could be an answer. But other guys are sure to surprise, if they are given a real chance.

After a great Saturday night schedule last year, the ACC really hosed us. One Monday night, FOUR on Tuesday night, One on Wednesday night, Three on Saturday and one on either Friday or Saturday (BC). Those mid-week games will really impact the house, especially if they are 8 or 9 pm starts.

So, that makes the road games almost opposite. Six on Saturdays, One on Monday, One on Tuesday and Two on Wednesday. Is it really that difficult in the era of computers to give each team five home and five away on a Saturday,

Face it. They are scheduling us like we are not a prime time TV candidate.
This is what happens when you fall out of the Top 25 for so long.
You want the best time slots? You have to win enough important games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom