2022 Fall Ball | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Fall Ball

I like the shape of the Cascade helmets so much more than the STX lids. The STX lids remind me of The Great Gazoo--fine for Saturday morning cartoons, not so much a D1 lacrosse team.

Lax All Stars should probably shut things down. They list Dordevic as a key returner for the Orange.

"Also, the addition of Spallina’s presence should allow them to open the field up and spread the ball, giving Dordevic some more room to operate."

Give me a break.
Horrible reporting!!! I’m still laughing!!!

Lax All Stars should probably shut things down. They list Dordevic as a key returner for the Orange.

"Also, the addition of Spallina’s presence should allow them to open the field up and spread the ball, giving Dordevic some more room to operate."

Give me a break.

He's a NOTABLE player, just not playing for us anymore...

Notable Players: Tucker Dordevic (47G, 12A) – Will Mark – Joey Spallina

American Boy Fall Brawl at Centerville VA HS Oct 16

10:30 am Opening Remarks, National Anthem
10:45 am UVA v Lehigh
11:55 am Richmond/PSU Clinics
12:55 pm Guest Speaker
1:10 pm PSU v UVA
1:10 pm Richmond v Lehigh
3:00 pm PSU v Richmond
3:00 pm UVA/Lehigh Clinics

American Boy Fall Brawl at Centerville VA HS Oct 16

10:30 am Opening Remarks, National Anthem
10:45 am UVA v Lehigh
11:55 am Richmond/PSU Clinics
12:55 pm Guest Speaker
1:10 pm PSU v UVA
1:10 pm Richmond v Lehigh
3:00 pm PSU v Richmond
3:00 pm UVA/Lehigh Clinics
What’s the word coming out of your guys fall ball? How’s the freshman? Who’s standing out? Projected lineups? Surprises?

What’s the word coming out of your guys fall ball? How’s the freshman? Who’s standing out? Projected lineups? Surprises?
Biggest surprise seems to be Joey Terenzi, 1st year from Manhasset.

Here are one poster's notes from our Alumni game:
A number of key players did not dress to include Shelly (maybe something with team USA), Cormier in street clothes, McConvey arm in sling, Kastner and Matsui both in street clothes…also don’t remember seeing Parker. Oh and Salade in street clothes as well.
-Thomas Mencke looked fantastic feeding and scoring. Had to have at least 5-6 points in the first half. He was working with a combination of 1st years Colsey, Sunderland, Terenzi and veterans Dickson and one that escapes me at the moment
- Shutz got it going in the 2nd and had some really nice goals and an assist or two but for my dime he was overshadowed by Mencke in the first half
- Of the first years, I was most impressed with Schroter, Sunderland and Terenzi. Schroter spent quality minutes on Shutz and also had a nice takeaway or two and some scrappy GBs, Sunderland started slow but only because he was missing the cage after getting it in a great spot, he fixed that in the 2nd quarter and had 2-3 pretty goals. Terenzi is one quick cat and although he didn’t pile up the points he sniped one or two and made some nice feeds
- Cade Saustad looks like he is back to 100% and frankly looks quicker than anytime I can remember previously
- Petey was strong at the X but Eldridge gave him a good battle and stole a few. Braun looked improved as well especially in terms of his handle.
- Jeff Conner was solid playing both ways
- there was one mystery player wearing #35, I suppose he could be an Alumn, but unlike alll the others he was wearing a team pinnie. He played middie and has to be pushing Zinn for fastest kid on the team or it sure looked like it. Got some HQ looks but could not convert albeit with Rode in cage.
- both Terenzi and Malachi Jones had big GBs from the wings off the FO
- Bienkowski was playing SSDM

That poster further noted that with Terenzi and Jones (LSM) on the wings, LaSalla seemed to be trying to pop his FOs toward them more than usual.

There hasn't been much discussion on The Sabre about lineups. The biggest question in my mind is who replaces Laviano. Does Dickson start on A? He had a knack for getting open on the crease as a midfielder/4th attackman. Would a long-stick whose job is to cover him lose him as readily in the shuffle?

Biggest surprise seems to be Joey Terenzi, 1st year from Manhasset.

Here are one poster's notes from our Alumni game:
A number of key players did not dress to include Shelly (maybe something with team USA), Cormier in street clothes, McConvey arm in sling, Kastner and Matsui both in street clothes…also don’t remember seeing Parker. Oh and Salade in street clothes as well.
-Thomas Mencke looked fantastic feeding and scoring. Had to have at least 5-6 points in the first half. He was working with a combination of 1st years Colsey, Sunderland, Terenzi and veterans Dickson and one that escapes me at the moment
- Shutz got it going in the 2nd and had some really nice goals and an assist or two but for my dime he was overshadowed by Mencke in the first half
- Of the first years, I was most impressed with Schroter, Sunderland and Terenzi. Schroter spent quality minutes on Shutz and also had a nice takeaway or two and some scrappy GBs, Sunderland started slow but only because he was missing the cage after getting it in a great spot, he fixed that in the 2nd quarter and had 2-3 pretty goals. Terenzi is one quick cat and although he didn’t pile up the points he sniped one or two and made some nice feeds
- Cade Saustad looks like he is back to 100% and frankly looks quicker than anytime I can remember previously
- Petey was strong at the X but Eldridge gave him a good battle and stole a few. Braun looked improved as well especially in terms of his handle.
- Jeff Conner was solid playing both ways
- there was one mystery player wearing #35, I suppose he could be an Alumn, but unlike alll the others he was wearing a team pinnie. He played middie and has to be pushing Zinn for fastest kid on the team or it sure looked like it. Got some HQ looks but could not convert albeit with Rode in cage.
- both Terenzi and Malachi Jones had big GBs from the wings off the FO
- Bienkowski was playing SSDM

That poster further noted that with Terenzi and Jones (LSM) on the wings, LaSalla seemed to be trying to pop his FOs toward them more than usual.

There hasn't been much discussion on The Sabre about lineups. The biggest question in my mind is who replaces Laviano. Does Dickson start on A? He had a knack for getting open on the crease as a midfielder/4th attackman. Would a long-stick whose job is to cover him lose him as readily in the shuffle?
Thanks for this. I was wondering if Sunderland could fill Laviano's role. From the UA game, he seemed more like a finisher than x attackman, but that could just be the way that line up was constructed.

Thanks for this. I was wondering if Sunderland could fill Laviano's role. From the UA game, he seemed more like a finisher than x attackman, but that could just be the way that line up was constructed.
Having Sunderland start on attack would let Dickson continue being the 4th attackman and doing what he did last year, mixing it up on the crease with Cormier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom