2022 Fall Ball | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Fall Ball

Cuse Fall

Oct 16th - Alumni Game at Noon

Oct 23rd @ Loyola
Vs Loyola at 11:00am
Vs High Point at 1:30pm

GO ORANGEMEN (is that allowed? Sounds better to me.
We’re you the guy that’s gonna be at the games?

Somebody was sitting behind me, and we had a nice talk about recruiting.

Biggest surprise seems to be Joey Terenzi, 1st year from Manhasset.

Here are one poster's notes from our Alumni game:
A number of key players did not dress to include Shelly (maybe something with team USA), Cormier in street clothes, McConvey arm in sling, Kastner and Matsui both in street clothes…also don’t remember seeing Parker. Oh and Salade in street clothes as well.
-Thomas Mencke looked fantastic feeding and scoring. Had to have at least 5-6 points in the first half. He was working with a combination of 1st years Colsey, Sunderland, Terenzi and veterans Dickson and one that escapes me at the moment
- Shutz got it going in the 2nd and had some really nice goals and an assist or two but for my dime he was overshadowed by Mencke in the first half
- Of the first years, I was most impressed with Schroter, Sunderland and Terenzi. Schroter spent quality minutes on Shutz and also had a nice takeaway or two and some scrappy GBs, Sunderland started slow but only because he was missing the cage after getting it in a great spot, he fixed that in the 2nd quarter and had 2-3 pretty goals. Terenzi is one quick cat and although he didn’t pile up the points he sniped one or two and made some nice feeds
- Cade Saustad looks like he is back to 100% and frankly looks quicker than anytime I can remember previously
- Petey was strong at the X but Eldridge gave him a good battle and stole a few. Braun looked improved as well especially in terms of his handle.
- Jeff Conner was solid playing both ways
- there was one mystery player wearing #35, I suppose he could be an Alumn, but unlike alll the others he was wearing a team pinnie. He played middie and has to be pushing Zinn for fastest kid on the team or it sure looked like it. Got some HQ looks but could not convert albeit with Rode in cage.
- both Terenzi and Malachi Jones had big GBs from the wings off the FO
- Bienkowski was playing SSDM

That poster further noted that with Terenzi and Jones (LSM) on the wings, LaSalla seemed to be trying to pop his FOs toward them more than usual.

There hasn't been much discussion on The Sabre about lineups. The biggest question in my mind is who replaces Laviano. Does Dickson start on A? He had a knack for getting open on the crease as a midfielder/4th attackman. Would a long-stick whose job is to cover him lose him as readily in the shuffle?
small nick, they're replacing moore, not laviano. as cormier is both a lefty wing and crease finisher, that'll matter. as will losing a righty dodger, scorer, feeder.

with that, you've seen probably here and there my preference for mencke (albeit with not watching hoo is performing day-to-day).

lars went on record post season as saying schutz may be moving to attack. he also said early season he broached schutz about redshirting him so he could have 4 years at attack vs 3.

so it seems tiffany has a preference there, it'll be interesting to see if kirwan agrees after all the candidates shoot their shot. i don't believe dickson's a realistic option. schutz i don't favor as too much in common with cormier (tho better dodger), they lose out on midfield matchups with him exiting, and i'd think the ride would take another tick down as it did last year (schutz and cormier aren't sprinters). if he turns out to be an unguardable beast at attack, then it's a different discussion.

Put it this way: Even if it was fully their intention to run him out of the box next year they would still list him officially as "A/M." There is no doubt that he is at least enough in the conversation at attack to be listed that way.

Besides we have the quote from Carc about how the attack line of "Hiltz Spallina and Simmons" looks impressive. He is clearly playing some attack in practice. Still think it is an error that should not be read into at all. Think of all the weird errors we have seen in the programs over the years.

Ok, brand new tweet with new picture. For some reason. Still listed as an attackman though.

Taken from FanLax. Not sure if this is even worth posting but curious if anyone has any insight?

“Heard that the Syracuse intra-squad scrimmage on Friday wasn't exactly "high level' play. Can anyone offer some insight? Still no Syracuse 2023 thread... ???”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom