2022 Fall Ball | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Fall Ball

Taken from FanLax. Not sure if this is even worth posting but curious if anyone has any insight?

“Heard that the Syracuse intra-squad scrimmage on Friday wasn't exactly "high level' play. Can anyone offer some insight? Still no Syracuse 2023 thread... ???”

If Petro had a barbeque at his house that was closed to the media, someone at FanLax would claim they know what's on the menu.

Taken from FanLax. Not sure if this is even worth posting but curious if anyone has any insight?

“Heard that the Syracuse intra-squad scrimmage on Friday wasn't exactly "high level' play. Can anyone offer some insight? Still no Syracuse 2023 thread... ???”
Carc saw something different. Wondering who is right? Are these scrimmages open to the public?

Looks like they re-wrote this article, with Dordevic as a departure -

Idk how they don't mention Hiltz in this article? I mean after seeing him in full form this summer for team USA I think he's gonna be one of the top scorers in the country this yr. His lefty shot is ridiculous. Especially if Spallina adjusts to the college game right away that will only help him. Ahh after their first article they probably don't even know he's back this yr. Lol

Idk how they don't mention Hiltz in this article? I mean after seeing him in full form this summer for team USA I think he's gonna be one of the top scorers in the country this yr. His lefty shot is ridiculous. Especially if Spallina adjusts to the college game right away that will only help him. Ahh after their first article they probably don't even know he's back this yr. Lol
What you did there, I see.

gait never misses an opportunity to tell the media that last season was all the players' fault lol

"with the players we had, we weren't able to do things"
"we have a new group of players now that can do different things"

we get it gary

I think it's a little of both an excuse for why the team did bad as it's not his fault but also they made the necessary changes to be able to compete and do what they want to do this yr. He could have just said we feel this yr we have the players better suited for what we want to do both offensively and Defensively. That's definitely his ego having to throw that in. It also puts pressure on himself because now he has what he needs so he has to produce. Not saying win a championship but the team has to improve and win games. He will look worse now if they don't. Ppl will come back and say u said u had what u needed so why didn't ur team get better. Will fall on him.

Confirms that Birtwistle will be in the mix and maybe start somewhere.

Yes, that was my biggest takeaway from the piece as well. He's listed as the team's "Breakout Candidate". Good to see, I think he's been lost in the shuffle with all the transfers and freshmen. He's a very good player.
Gait seems to be very high on the transfers, names Mark, Simmons and Kirst specifically.

“Will Mark is looking great, and Alex Simmons is looking awesome and Cole Kirst,” Gait said. “They’re definitely guys who are in the mix to play this year."

Maybe just weird phrasing but I think it's almost guaranteed these three guys start.

Also has praise for Spallina (the choice for "Marquee Addition").

“He’s got great lacrosse IQ,” Gait said. “Coach’s son. Understands the game. He’s up for the challenge. I think that’s the biggest thing. He’s open to do whatever we ask.

I guess I'm interested in what they are asking of him. Maybe some midfield? I would be kind of interested to see if they would run him through the box. Maybe not all the time but he did it some in the two summer All Star games and looked pretty good doing it. I know they are just exhibition games, but I do think he's quicker and stronger than most people give him credit for.

I will be getting fall looks on maryland and cornell as they are playing at springfield hs Pa this sunday at 1. It’s a 10min drive from my house so interested to see how they both look and what players really stand out. I know just a fall scrimmage but i’m sure since repeat of chip both will want to play well.

Do posters think Gait knows the damage he does when he compares last year's players to this year's? Is he oblivious or uncaring? Is he aware of the pressure he puts on the new kids? Or maybe, it's a tactic. I've talked about this before, so I will stop after repeating that I don't like this stuff. Lot's of last year's kids are still on the team. Does he want to create a split? Just not likable.

Maybe it is selective memory but I rarely recall John Desko ripping the players in the media. I hope Gait works out. Agree he should be careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom