2022 football schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 football schedule

No offense but you had ND on October 1st as a near certainty.

Louisville and UCF have the opportunity to move their game to September 3rd. UCF is open on September 3rd now.

We can do this.
Starting Louisville is not good for Dino in a must win year.

Part of me wonders if both Louisville and Syracuse are trying to find a way around it. Wonder if the ACC gave them a deadline to get it done.

UCF's FCS is named, but no date yet. What would be holding up that being set as 9/3?

I think Louisville would probably rather see if they can get JMU to come opening weekend, but either way, won't want to start the season @ Syracuse and @ UCF, even though they won both games this year. Their trips to the Dome (when they used to have them) are never as easy as the games with us at their house.

Part of me wonders if both Louisville and Syracuse are trying to find a way around it. Wonder if the ACC gave them a deadline to get it done.

UCF's FCS is named, but no date yet. What would be holding up that being set as 9/3?

I think Louisville would probably rather see if they can get JMU to come opening weekend, but either way, won't want to start the season @ Syracuse and @ UCF, even though they won both games this year. Their trips to the Dome (when they used to have them) are never as easy as the games with us at their house.

I would be shocked if the ACC wants them to switch because if IIRC the ACC wants more conference matchups in week 1

I would be shocked if the ACC wants them to switch because if IIRC the ACC wants more conference matchups in week 1

I don't think the ACC wants them to switch. I just wonder if the ACC gave them a deadline to work it out, or they're announcing the game.

The ACC doesn’t care about that.
They just want content for ACCN.
The opening week ESPN has plenty of good nonconference matchups.

If we play Louisville week 1 I am guessing it’s a Friday night opener on ESPN family or ACCN .

No offense but you had ND on October 1st as a near certainty.

Louisville and UCF have the opportunity to move their game to September 3rd. UCF is open on September 3rd now.

We can do this.
Starting Louisville is not good for Dino in a must win year.
Its not like were playing alabama, were playing Louisville . My assumption on the ND game being OCtober 2nd is because of the fact that they play clemson after the 29th. As soon as you fit the bill for changing agreements we can talk. Also the acc wants at least 2 conference games for content on accn

Its not like were playing alabama, were playing Louisville . My assumption on the ND game being OCtober 2nd is because of the fact that they play clemson after the 29th. As soon as you fit the bill for changing agreements we can talk. Also the acc wants at least 2 conference games for content on accn
You literally made up the last sentence.
This isn’t a factual at all.

The only week 1 conference game scheduled in 2021 is scheduled for ESPN Labor Day night not the ACCN.
So where is the other conference game for week 1 on ACCN to go with a potential Louisville-Syracuse game?

Again the teams can change dates.
Syracuse should try to do what I said. Louisville can do the same.

Just like I said Syracuse could have started at BC before the Covid year and that is what the ACC ended up doing. They got BC to Change their FBs game date before Covid forced changes again.

You literally made up the last sentence.
This isn’t a factual at all.

The only week 1 conference game scheduled in 2021 is scheduled for ESPN Labor Day night not the ACCN.
So where is the other conference game for week 1 on ACCN to go with a potential Louisville-Syracuse game?

Again the teams can change dates.
Syracuse should try to do what I said. Louisville can do the same.

Just like I said Syracuse could have started at BC before the Covid year and that is what the ACC ended up doing. They got BC to Change their FBs game date before Covid forced changes again.
The acc network conference games thing was from when the acc network launched, probably had too many contracts already signed to not make that possible next year. They have had months to try to change the game dates if acc would approve and nothing has been done, so its unlikely to change. I don't get why you think opening with a mediocre Louisville team at home is a bad thing?

I spent a little time looking through schedules to come up with my guess at what our schedule will end up.

The first two columns are my guesses. The columns to the right are some notes on limitations based on games already scheduled.

This is completely dependent on the assumption games already scheduled are moved, and I fully expect at least a few games assigned dates today will get moved.

Some guesses were made based on when we tend to play certain schools, and I tried to avoid scheduling SU to play more than 2 games in a row on the road or at home.

September 3rdLOUISVILLEat Clemsoncan't be October 8th, November 5th or November 26th
September 10that UCONNNC STATEunlikely to be November 26th (they play UNC about 80% of the time final week of season)
September 17thPURDUEat Pittsburgh
September 24thWAGNERat Boston Collegecan't be October 29th or November 19th
October 1stat Clemsonat Wake Forestcan't be October 8th
October 8thVIRGINIAcan’t be WakeVIRGINIAcan't be November 19th or November 26th
October 15thProbable bye dateFLORIDA STATEcan't be November 19th or November 26th
October 22ndFLORIDA STATE
October 29thNOTRE DAMEcan’t be BC
November 5that Wake Forestcan’t be Clemson
November 12that Pittsburgh
November 19thNC STATEClemson, nc st, Pitt or wake
November 26that Boston Collegewake, bc, Pitt,

I spent a little time looking through schedules to come up with my guess at what our schedule will end up.

The first two columns are my guesses. The columns to the right are some notes on limitations based on games already scheduled.

This is completely dependent on the assumption games already scheduled are moved, and I fully expect at least a few games assigned dates today will get moved.

Some guesses were made based on when we tend to play certain schools, and I tried to avoid scheduling SU to play more than 2 games in a row on the road or at home.

September 3rdLOUISVILLEat Clemsoncan't be October 8th, November 5th or November 26th
September 10that UCONNNC STATEunlikely to be November 26th (they play UNC about 80% of the time final week of season)
September 17thPURDUEat Pittsburgh
September 24thWAGNERat Boston Collegecan't be October 29th or November 19th
October 1stat Clemsonat Wake Forestcan't be October 8th
October 8thVIRGINIAcan’t be WakeVIRGINIAcan't be November 19th or November 26th
October 15thProbable bye dateFLORIDA STATEcan't be November 19th or November 26th
October 22ndFLORIDA STATE
October 29thNOTRE DAMEcan’t be BC
November 5that Wake Forestcan’t be Clemson
November 12that Pittsburgh
November 19thNC STATEClemson, nc st, Pitt or wake
November 26that Boston Collegewake, bc, Pitt,

A bye right in the middle of the season? This is crazy talk.

The ACC doesn’t care about that.
They just want content for ACCN.
The opening week ESPN has plenty of good nonconference matchups.

If we play Louisville week 1 I am guessing it’s a Friday night opener on ESPN family or ACCN .
UL at Cuse for Friday gets you ESPN2 at worse. FCS at Cuse gets you ACCN or ESPN3

UL at Cuse for Friday gets you ESPN2 at worse. FCS at Cuse gets you ACCN or ESPN3
I agree but for the program it’s betrer to start with UConn or another FCS program week 1 it’s easier to implement a new offensive system.

Playing Louisville week 1 is not good for us.

I wouldn’t mind petitioning the NCAA and see if we can play Wagner week 0 and move the game there.

How does Week 0 work? I noticed that when looking at schedules, how there were a bunch of teams with 8/27 games. Do they get 2 bye weeks?

How does Week 0 work? I noticed that when looking at schedules, how there were a bunch of teams with 8/27 games. Do they get 2 bye weeks?
You have to petition the NCAA or have an opponent who plays Hawaii that season.

Those are the ways to play week 0.

A bye right in the middle of the season? This is crazy talk.
Yup.

For those that care...

They can't give everyone in the conference a bye on the same week (and have no content to show on ACCN and the ESPN family).

Last year, I think they gave everyone but UVa and Syracuse byes in the middle of the season. It is hard to put a schedule together for a league and not bone a couple of schools with byes on bad weeks.

We were boned again a few years ago. I think they actually gave us a bye early...really early. Maybe week 2.

Anyway, I can't believe they would bone us with a bad bye week 2 years in a row. That has to be a major consideration when building a schedule. Who did we bone last year?

Though stranger things have happened.

I would hate to play at Pitt and at BC in November
We are going to play one of those 2 thanksgiving weekend.
It’s what the ACC has done every year except 2019 at home vs. Wake and the Covid year at ND.

I would hate to play at Pitt and at BC in November
I hate to have those games played then too.

It would be awesome just once or twice to have these games in these cities scheduled in September, with the Pirates or Red Sox in town so a doubleheader of sports fun could be had.

You can bet that teams from the South really do not want to play up north in November in the cold and the snow.

I can see the ACC scheduling people saying, well, SU is one of those northern teams, and those three are all old rivals, so why not schedule them all to play in November?

Let southern schools like UNC and UVa frolic around in places Miami and Atlanta instead of us damned Yankees.

We are going to play one of those 2 thanksgiving weekend.
It’s what the ACC has done every year except 2019 at home vs. Wake and the Covid year at ND.
Correct.

Based on what I was seeing, unless they move some games already scheduled, our only possible opponents for Thanksgiving weekend are Pitt, BC or Wake.

A lot of ACC schools have a traditional rival and are booked that weekend indefinitely.

It would be awesome just once or twice to have these games in these cities scheduled in September, with the Pirates or Red Sox in town so a doubleheader of sports fun could be had.

We were supposed to have BC as the road opener in 2020 I believe, before Covid killed it.

I went to both away games at Northwestern (2008 and 2013). Both involved a trip to Wrigley, which certainly enhanced the trips. They were better than the football games.

Correct.

Based on what I was seeing, unless they move some games already scheduled, our only possible opponents for Thanksgiving weekend are Pitt, BC or Wake.

A lot of ACC schools have a traditional rival and are booked that weekend indefinitely.
im guessing pitt is our now defacto last game kinda of rival

im guessing pitt is our now defacto last game kinda of rival

Perhaps. But in our 8 non-Covid ACC years, it has been BC 5 times, Pitt twice, Wake once.

Yup.

For those that care...

They can't give everyone in the conference a bye on the same week (and have no content to show on ACCN and the ESPN family).

Last year, I think they gave everyone but UVa and Syracuse byes in the middle of the season. It is hard to put a schedule together for a league and not bone a couple of schools with byes on bad weeks.

We were boned again a few years ago. I think they actually gave us a bye early...really early. Maybe week 2.

Anyway, I can't believe they would bone us with a bad bye week 2 years in a row. That has to be a major consideration when building a schedule. Who did we bone last year?

Though stranger things have happened.
Didn't the week 2 bye have something to do with the Dome renovation and because of that, we didn't really mind? I could be totally wrong so just asking.

Didn't the week 2 bye have something to do with the Dome renovation and because of that, we didn't really mind? I could be totally wrong so just asking.
I don't believe so. That might have been the case in 2020, when the roof still wasn't 100% finished, the scoreboards needed work, and a bunch of other things were half or barely done at the start of the season, but for this season, I think the facility was in great shape.

The changes made last summer were stuff like adding deep fryers to new concession areas, maybe finishing up AC, creating a bathroom, adding lights above the concourses, some painting here and there, etc.

Perhaps. But in our 8 non-Covid ACC years, it has been BC 5 times, Pitt twice, Wake once.
Yes, I think Pitt has played UM quite a bit in their final game.

For a while I expected the ACC to make SU-BC and Pitt-UM rivalry games to be played the final week of the season.

If they did, they would immediately add ND and WV to the mix, BC would get ND, Pitt would get WV and (me hoping) we would get UM.

A Thanksgiving weekend game every other game in Miami would be something I would be thankful for.