2022 football schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 football schedule

im guessing pitt is our now defacto last game kinda of rival
I think the ACC is going to mix and match
BC-SU-Wake and Pitt-Miami-Duke each year at the end of the year.
One cross division match and then
The other 2 divisional rivals will play last week.

That appears to be likely as I remember Coyle at the one year he was here saying Syracuse would like to play at Boston College not always at the end of the season so the ACC would try and mix it up.

Yes, I think Pitt has played UM quite a bit in their final game.

For a while I expected the ACC to make SU-BC and Pitt-UM rivalry games to be played the final week of the season.

If they did, they would immediately add ND and WV to the mix, BC would get ND, Pitt would get WV and (me hoping) we would get UM.

A Thanksgiving weekend game every other game in Miami would be something I would be thankful for.
When we play Miami at home the ACC could
Make Pitt-Duke and BC-Wake play thanksgiving weekend
Then send Miami up here.

That would be cool.

Then send Miami up here.

That would be cool.
That would be nice.

Hoping pods are coming and we will play the teams in what is now the Coastal Division a lot more often. It isn't really a league when you play teams once every 14 years at your home field.

Then send Miami up here.

That would be cool.
so 2 out 14 years?

so 2 out 14 years?
I am okay rotating our final game of the season
2 times Duke
2 times Miami
2 times Wake
4 times Boston College
4 times Pitt

So over 14 years our fans would know exactly who our opponent would be the last year each season and act accordingly.

Most teams know their rival weekend game each year.
The ACC could easily do what I just described for the 6 teams without designated rivals and make it fun and easy.

Last edited:
I suspect the SU/BC game on Thanksgiving weekend is to try to sell tickets to people within driving distance when the students are on break.

I suspect the SU/BC game on Thanksgiving weekend is to try to sell tickets to people within driving distance when the students are on break.
No one locally wants to watch BC at any time truthfully

I don't believe so. That might have been the case in 2020, when the roof still wasn't 100% finished, the scoreboards needed work, and a bunch of other things were half or barely done at the start of the season, but for this season, I think the facility was in great shape.

The changes made last summer were stuff like adding deep fryers to new concession areas, maybe finishing up AC, creating a bathroom, adding lights above the concourses, some painting here and there, etc.
You are correct after I looked the schedules for those years. Not sure why I got that in my head,

One way street though

We travel easily over 1000 to BC

They struggle to bring 12 Superfans above the 75 family members

One way street though

True. Their 25 Super Fans are super fans, but are unfortunately not super travelers.

It is a long walk from Chestnut Hill to the dome.

il_794xN.1882610844_h0xc.jpg
hobo-code-featured.jpg

I like the Thanksgiving weekend in Boston. Went with my son in 18 (from Somerville) had a great day, but of course we stomped on them, that always brightens the memory.

I don't do the Boston trip anymore, but when I did, I loved when it was that 2nd or 3rd weekend in October. Pretty scenic time on Chestnut Hill, perfect fall weather the 4 straight times that I went from 1994 to 2000.

The 2 middle games were really good too. First and last, not so much.

I don't do the Boston trip anymore, but when I did, I loved when it was that 2nd or 3rd weekend in October. Pretty scenic time on Chestnut Hill, perfect fall weather the 4 straight times that I went from 1994 to 2000.

And we first learned about the mysterious 4 pt FG attempt by Coach P at BC

I was dying to attend a game in Boston labor day weekend but of course corona ruined that. Weather is usually fine but I'd take a tank top game. We'll never play a roadie on that weekend against BC ever now.

FSU should be an easy W.

Brad Johnsons kid is transferring there to be their new QB and he is horrible. Hope we play them early before he gets benched.

Unless the Elton John tour is cancelled there won’t a]be a home game in the dome on 9/10/22.

ED13C356-2DEA-4BDB-89A0-BC7D3FB303AA.jpeg

so i have been working my way through a potential mock schedule and was able to complete it so this is how our schedule ended up

9/2 Louisville
*9/10 @Uconn
*9/17 Purdue
*9/24 Wagner
10/1 @ Wake Forest
10/8 OPEN BYE
10/15 Florida State
10/22 @ Boston College
*10/29 Notre Dame
11/5 Virginia
11/12 @ Clemson
11/19 NC State
11/26 @ Pittsburgh
*already known

so i have been working my way through a potential mock schedule and was able to complete it so this is how our schedule ended up

9/2 Louisville
*9/10 @Uconn
*9/17 Purdue
*9/24 Wagner
10/1 @ Wake Forest
10/8 OPEN BYE
10/15 Florida State
10/22 @ Boston College
*10/29 Notre Dame
11/5 Virginia
11/12 @ Clemson
11/19 NC State
11/26 @ Pittsburgh
*already known
Switch Wake and BC and I'd be super happy with that schedule

Switch Wake and BC and I'd be super happy with that schedule
Nah. On the 22nd I’ll be in your part of the world for a wedding. I’d like to make it to the WF game this year. ;)

One way street though

I think a ton of SU grads come from the Boston area. I haven’t a game since 92? Not sure a ton of bc grads come from Syracuse

I’d argue this is the biggest factor for the discrepancy. Sure we travel but most of us are traveling up route 128

9/2 Louisville
*9/10 @Uconn
*9/17 Purdue
*9/24 Wagner
10/1 @ Wake Forest
10/8 OPEN BYE
10/15 Florida State
10/22 @ Boston College
*10/29 Notre Dame
11/5 Virginia
11/12 @ Clemson
11/19 NC State
11/26 @ Pittsburgh
*already known
I posted this on the Daily Articles thread but am adding a link to it here.

That person thinks with Pitt and Miami being considered top programs in the ACC next season, it is a close to a given that the game between them will be played the last day of the season. I tend to agree.

So here is my updated guess:

9/2 Louisville
*9/10 @Uconn
*9/17 Purdue
*9/24 Wagner
10/1 @ Clemson
10/8 OPEN BYE
10/15 Florida State
10/22 @ Pittsburgh
*10/29 Notre Dame
11/5 Virginia
11/12 @ Wake Forest
11/19 NC State
11/26 @ Boston College

I moved the Wake game late in the year based on past history and moved the Clemson game recently early, again based on past history. And flipped the BC and Pitt games.

Again based on the past, I would expect the ACC schedule to be released around the end of this month.

I posted this on the Daily Articles thread but am adding a link to it here.

That person thinks with Pitt and Miami being considered top programs in the ACC next season, it is a close to a given that the game between them will be played the last day of the season. I tend to agree.

So here is my updated guess:

9/2 Louisville
*9/10 @Uconn
*9/17 Purdue
*9/24 Wagner
10/1 @ Clemson
10/8 OPEN BYE
10/15 Florida State
10/22 @ Pittsburgh
*10/29 Notre Dame
11/5 Virginia
11/12 @ Wake Forest
11/19 NC State
11/26 @ Boston College

I moved the Wake game late in the year based on past history and moved the Clemson game recently early, again based on past history. And flipped the BC and Pitt games.

Again based on the past, I would expect the ACC schedule to be released around the end of this month.
Oh wow, Wake game the day after my wedding anniversary. It’s tricky but I can do this!

Don’t like the idea of starting the season against Louisville but at least it’s a home game.

I think a ton of SU grads come from the Boston area. I haven’t a game since 92? Not sure a ton of bc grads come from Syracuse

I’d argue this is the biggest factor for the discrepancy. Sure we travel but most of us are traveling up route 128
How tough is it to get in a car, drive 4-5 hours to see an away game? It is much easier to drive and stay in Syracuse than Boston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom