2022 Masters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Masters

If he made the cut it would be a miracle.
So after sleeping on it, I’m 100% convinced that “Tiger to make the cut” is FREE MONEY. Ignore my advice at your own peril.

So after sleeping on it, I’m 100% convinced that “Tiger to make the cut” is FREE MONEY. Ignore my advice at your own peril.
I went with a $10 to win on Tiger at 50/1 the other day. It would be extraordinary but he is the best golfer in the last 30+ years.

1st round pins.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1649336908523.jpg
    FB_IMG_1649336908523.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 47
I need to find the actual Shotlink data, but I swear I just saw Mike Weir miss a 10 INCH putt on #1

Some posts have disappeared from early yesterday - perhaps there was some violation or a technical glitch,

First off I am a fan of Tiger. But I thought -125 for him to miss the cut was unfortunately great value. Will cheer to be wrong, but I did bet on it. Anybody that follows Tiger closely knows that he has always struggled on his first tournament back from a physical issue since 2011. Now I know the Masters is by far the weakest cut in all the Majors (small field and many old 50+ year old geezers)

Cowtown had respectfully posted how he didn't understand how someone could like Tiger. I did not have a chance to respond. I will say that I was not a big fan of Tiger always, but always appreciated his greatness. I would still tend to take for the other guy when he was challenged early on (be it Mike Weir, Grant Waite (2000 Cdn Open), Bob May, Sergio Garcia, Chris Dimarco)... unless of course it was Phil Mickelson. Eventually I started to cheer for him to win in his dominance era (pre 2010)

The hype around him was his greatness and dominance, and he was marketed as such. He was marketed as a greater than life athlete He was never presented, nor did he present himself as a great guy. He was a great athlete. Other than his father crazily referring to him as the next Ghandi in or around 1996.

As opposed to Phil who was marketed as a great guy and created some sort of "gimmick" around this. I always saw him as phony and was a big reason I did not like him.

In terms of my picks for the Masters, never discount the Lefties. Of course Vegas knows this as well so bakes it in a a bit into the odds. But I still see value in Top 10 for Bubba Watson and Top 20 for Brian Harman,

Phil, Bubba, Mike Weir have all won.
There are not many lefties on tour so they have won more than their fair share since 2000
Other random lefties have done well... some may remember Steve Flesch competing on the last day a few times.

still trying to decide is it better to take stabs at guys before rd 1 or try to find money on guys after rd 2..

I have never figured it out to well. Certainly lost more than I made on golf.

I put a group down to start on majors, then I find I would add players on the weekend, and it was a total crap show generally. I would advise doing one or the other in any given week.

After the majors last year I decided I would either only bet on day 1 or day 3. Not both.
Late last year I won about $700 on Kevin Kisner winning the Wyndham at 45-1. At that point, I figured it made up for most of my golf losses and I largely quit betting on random golf events until this week when the Masters hooked me in. And it worked out well because I did great on other stuff as I built up my modest betting account.

the course is playing as easy as it can this morning.. soft greens and still not much scoring so far.

I also had the cut at under 148 for this week. With the course being soft, I think that number will be beat.

the course is playing as easy as it can this morning.. soft greens and still not much scoring so far.

It is but the quality of field out there is really poor with many of the former champs on the course. Of the 24 players out there, the best one is probably Si-Woo Kim.

Wondering how Padraig Harrington got into the field. Had to be a special invite which seems odd.
Unless I am missing something.

EDIT - Harrington got in the Masters by finishing 4th in last years PGA (which he qualified for as a past champion). I don't remember any of that to be honest. Don't remember him contending at all.

its been like 10 yrs since anyone outside the world top 25 has won and still only 1 first timer.. so that cuts down the odds a bit to who to bet.. Hard to see scottie winning like 4 times in 6-7 weeks. viktor cant chip, rory is a mess most weeks, burns is first time guy, bryson who knows. Billy doesnt like the course

now down to 20 guys to take a shot with..

It is but the quality of field out there is really poor with many of the former champs on the course. Of the 24 players out there, the best one is probably Si-Woo Kim.

Wondering how Padraig Harrington got into the field. Had to be a special invite which seems odd.
Unless I am missing something.
I agree.. but you hardly ever see balls just land so soft here. still the greens are quick enough to scare people.

Don't forget Louis Oostuizen. This guy always seems to be under the radar entering the Majors. Doesn't win but is a Top 5 Machine and has positive history at the Masters.

It seems like every majors thread he gets in contention, I make a point to bet on him next time, and then I inevitably forget... and he gets back in contention.

Well this time I put some money down on him at +750 for Top 5. Not great value but I wasn't missing out on him again.

He had 3 top 5 finishes last year, and since 2015 is 8 for 26,

It could be. I'd never sleep on him. He has missed cuts when he was younger and healthy.

almost half the field is out now and 1 under is leading.. and tomorrow is supposed to be much harder.

tiger 3 bad shots to start but putter saves him again

So I ended up making a number of bets, Largely for fun using my $250 Free Credits from Bet365 (because they forced us on to a New platform after the new Ontario laws this week). All my unsettled bets had to be voided by law, so I got screwed on my Scottie Barnes ROY Futures.

Not much thought put into my picks, for entertainment largely I made the pick quickly - spread over several bets.

To Win, all with 1/5 for Top 8 Finish, with the exception of top two.
Collin Morakawa 20-1
Patrick Cantlay 22-1
Corey Connors 60-1
Bubba Watson 75-1
Talor Gooch 110-1
Brian Harman 125-1
Cameron Young 125-1
Jason Kokrak 125-1
Mac Hughes 250-1

Day 1 Leader - Dustin Johnson 25-1
Top 40 - Takumi Kanaya +120
Top 20 - Marc Leishman +200
Top Asian - Hideki +200
Top Aussie - Adam Scott +350
Top 5 - Oosthizen - +750
Miss Cut - Koepka +333
Miss Cut - Tiger -125
Cut Line - Under 148

I know albatrosses are very rare, but I was surprised there has only ever been one at the second hole, given the filtering on that last day pin.

cut line will be interesting if the weather is as bad tomorrow as they are talking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom