2022 Mets thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

Just a couple things.

Escobar doesn't look fully right yet.

Plummer after a great start really struggling now.

Rogers for Miami tomorrow is good for us. He hasn't been very effective at all. Good chance to put up some numbers and win the series.

Time to send Plummer down and bring Dom back up. Escobar hasn't looked right all year.

Time to send Plummer down and bring Dom back up. Escobar hasn't looked right all year.

Agree on Escobar but he hasn't looked this "not alright" like he did the past two games.

Wow.. brutal injury to end Machado's season. Such a freak thing too. Huge hit for the Padres.

Ok edit the x-rays were negative which is nuts. Seeing the replay I was completely sure that was a break. Great news it's not major..

Last edited:
Wow.. brutal injury to end Machado's season. Such a freak thing too. Huge hit for the Padres.

Ok edit the x-rays were negative which is nuts. Seeing the replay I was completely sure that was a break. Great news it's not major..

I still remember Jason Kendall's 1999 injury, which left him with an L-shaped leg:

I couldn't find a video of it. This one doesn't have it but I think that's Jason in the thumbnail:

But he came back to have a lengthy and productive career:
Jason Kendall Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

I realize it helps the fielders, especially the first baseman, to have an elevated base so they can find it with their feet. But the catcher doesn't have that at home plate. You wonder if the players wouldn't be better off with ground-level bases. I'm glad they don't shoot baseball players like they do race horses.

Another W and another series win in the books.
Now on to Houston for a two game series that will last about 20 hours. An 8pm game tomorrow night and a 2pm start on Wednesday. Then hello Miami again!

Another W and another series win in the books.
11 shutouts so far. Tied with the Yankees for the most in MLB.

The starting pitching has been overall okay. Pretty amazing given all the injuries.

69 games in. That is a shutout almost every 6 games. Wow.

Peterson was good. Excellent job getting out of jams. His ERA is down to 3.18. He and his wife are about to have a baby. I hope that goes well for them.

I think we have Trevor Williams today and Carlos Carrasco tomorrow, then an off day, then we face Alcantara to start the series with the Marlins. Would be happy with a split in Houston.

11 shutouts so far. Tied with the Yankees for the most in MLB.

The starting pitching has been overall okay. Pretty amazing given all the injuries.

69 games in. That is a shutout almost every 6 games. Wow.

Peterson was good. Excellent job getting out of jams. His ERA is down to 3.18. He and his wife are about to have a baby. I hope that goes well for them.

I think we have Trevor Williams today and Carlos Carrasco tomorrow, then an off day, then we face Alcantara to start the series with the Marlins. Would be happy with a split in Houston.

I'm wondering about Scherzer and DeGrom.

- Will they have rehab starts with Syracuse?
- In Syracuse?
- When will they be back to the parent Mets?
- Will they be fragile and maybe reinjure themselves like Tylor MeGill?
- Will they be anything like 100%?
- Will they be any better than the guys who have carried the team to this point?
- Can the Mets record get much better than it is?

Stay tuned.

I'm wondering about Scherzer and DeGrom.

- Will they have rehab starts with Syracuse?
- In Syracuse?
- When will they be back to the parent Mets?
- Will they be fragile and maybe reinjure themselves like Tylor MeGill?
- Will they be anything like 100%?
- Will they be any better than the guys who have carried the team to this point?
- Can the Mets record get much better than it is?

Stay tuned.
Scherzer is making a rehab start in Binghamton tonight. If it goes well, he could start against Miami Sunday

Not sure why he is pitching there instead of for the Syracuse team. Guessing he was driven and Binghamton is a shorter drive.

DeGrom is behind him. Mets officials are thinking his first start will be around the All Star break. He will probably require a couple of rehab starts.

I think we have a better shot of seeing Jake pitching for Syracuse. But maybe they will be cautious with Max and give him a start for Syracuse as well?

The starters for the Mets.have been good enough the Mets can afford to take some time and try to ensure when these guys return, they are truly ready to pitch and pitch well.

Scherzer is making a rehab start in Binghamton tonight. If it goes well, he could start against Miami Sunday

Not sure why he is pitching there instead of for the Syracuse team. Guessing he was driven and Binghamton is a shorter drive.

DeGrom is behind him. Mets officials are thinking his first start will be around the All Star break. He will probably require a couple of rehab starts.

I think we have a better shot of seeing Jake pitching for Syracuse. But maybe they will be cautious with Max and give him a start for Syracuse as well?

The starters for the Mets.have been good enough the Mets can afford to take some time and try to ensure when these guys return, they are truly ready to pitch and pitch well.

The impact on the bullpen, (freeing up guys for long relief), might be greater than the impact on the starting pitching.

There’s been a debate on sports radio here in NYC about the possibility of a Mets-Yankees World Series and whose fans it would be worse for if their team loses. Lots of Mets fans saying they don’t care who they beat in the World Series as long as they win and Yankee fans saying Mets fans are scared of them. The way I see it, I really don’t care who the Mets beat as long as they win. If they beat the Yankees, even better. I’ve dealt with the Mets losing to the Yankees before in 2000. I think the Yankee fans would go nuts if they lost to the Mets. Mets fans would hang it over their heads for a good five years and deservedly so.

Be careful what you wish for Yanks fans. Winning a championship is never guaranteed and I wouldn’t want the team in your own backyard being the last hurdle.

There’s been a debate on sports radio here in NYC about the possibility of a Mets-Yankees World Series and whose fans it would be worse for if their team loses. Lots of Mets fans saying they don’t care who they beat in the World Series as long as they win and Yankee fans saying Mets fans are scared of them. The way I see it, I really don’t care who the Mets beat as long as they win. If they beat the Yankees, even better. I’ve dealt with the Mets losing to the Yankees before in 2000. I think the Yankee fans would go nuts if they lost to the Mets. Mets fans would hang it over their heads for a good five years and deservedly so.

Be careful what you wish for Yanks fans. Winning a championship is never guaranteed and I wouldn’t want the team in your own backyard being the last hurdle.

Yankee fans go nuts when they lose to anybody.

Good news is Braves and Phillies lost so no ground gained by them. Shake it off and hopefully get the split tomorrow.

Managers just love relief pitchers who come, throw balls and then have to throw a strike. :mad:

That ump totally screwed the 8th inning.. Blew the call on Alonzo for ball 4, followed by Gs hit, then just a god awful call on Cahana that would have led to 3-1 and instead of swinging at 2-2 ball he probably takes it and its bases loaded no outs.. Continues the the trend of bad ball/strike calls in key spots for the Mets.. Lost 2-3 series on just bad ball/strike calls late in game. But these calls werent even close ones.

That ump totally screwed the 8th inning.. Blew the call on Alonzo for ball 4, followed by Gs hit, then just a god awful call on Cahana that would have led to 3-1 and instead of swinging at 2-2 ball he probably takes it and its bases loaded no outs.. Continues the the trend of bad ball/strike calls in key spots for the Mets.. Lost 2-3 series on just bad ball/strike calls late in game. But these calls werent even close ones.
Apparently the Astros are just blessed that way...