2022 Mets thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

Ugh. Not a great day for the Mets. Swept by the Astros and then the Giants blow it in the 9th against the Braves. 4.5 up and an off day tomorrow. Braves play the Giants again so it will be 4 or 5 going into the Marlins series this weekend.

Carrasco's performance gave me some "lower back tightness". The lead is 4 1/5 now.
Down to 4. Giants were of little help to the Mets this week. Hopefully the Dodgers put in a better performance. Of course, the Mets need to help themselves as well.

Down to 4. Giants were of little help to the Mets this week. Hopefully the Dodgers put in a better performance. Of course, the Mets need to help themselves as well.

It's not a collapse: The Mets are 11-9 in June vs. a tough schedule. It's just that the Braves have been 18-3.

It's not a collapse: The Mets are 11-9 in June vs. a tough schedule. It's just that the Braves have been 18-3.

Gotta face Alcantara again game 1 of the Marlins series too.

3-2 final. Another series won. 44-23. :)

I hate the phrase "That run means nothing". Up 3-1, the Marlins have a guy on third with nobody out and Gary says, "That run means nothing". That run has got to score to make the next one the tying run and the following one the go-ahead run and any beyond that insurance for the Marlins. The only time a run means nothing is in the bottom of the 9th or an extra inning when you either have tied the game and have the winning run on or have tying and winning runs on. Anybody beyond that represents a meaningless run, (and must not get picked off, etc. because he doesn't have to score).

Bugs the heck out of me. :mad:

Gary did it again. Berti gets thrown out at second in the 9th, two runs down. "His run means nothing". He has to score it for the next run to be the tying run!

That was the best throw from a catcher, (Nido), I've ever seen - right to the glove and right on the shoulder of the runner.

Another W in the books. Diaz has been phenomenal of late. Even last nights drama he got it done.
Two gritty 5-3 wins in Miami so far. Pete has been struggling a bit and missed a chance to drive in runs once but he redeemed himself pretty well with his 2 HRs.

He is back in the lead in the NL in homers and he has 68 RBIs so far, which leads all of MLB. The Mets have only played 73 games. While Pete is having a fine season, and continues to hit in the .280 range for BA, it really don’t seem like he is having a great season. The guys in front of him are getting on base a lot.

Lindor is also benefitting here and is third in the league in RBI.

Bassitt got though seven, so only Lugo and Diaz had to also pitch. Diaz was used for the second straight game, which is unusual for Buck. He is surely out for tomorrow, and Lugo also probably is. I think Smith and Ottovino are going to be the guys to get through innings 8 and 9. Guessing Hunter will be used if we need someone in the 7th (highly likely with Peterson pitching).

Williams will come in if Peterson gets knocked out early and Medina might be needed to finish up the 5th inning.

We are probably going to need to get 4 or 5 runs to get a sweep.

Good to hear Holderman will be rehabbing soon in Syracuse.

Scherzer felt a little sore about making his rehab start and the Mets, smartly being conservative here, are going to have him make another one before he gets called up. It will be interesting where that start is made. I believe the Syracuse Mets return home after this weekend. If he had his normal 4 days rest, he would pitch tomorrow. But I am guessing with him still being sore, he might will start on Tuesday night (Monday is a travel day for Syracuse) in the Salt City. That would be cool. We get Max once and maybe Jake once or twice and it will help make this a special year here.

Two gritty 5-3 wins in Miami so far. Pete has been struggling a bit and missed a chance to drive in runs once but he redeemed himself pretty well with his 2 HRs.

He is back in the lead in the NL in homers and he has 68 RBIs so far, which leads all of MLB. The Mets have only played 73 games. While Pete is having a fine season, and continues to hit in the .280 range for BA, it really don’t seem like he is having a great season. The guys in front of him are getting on base a lot.

Lindor is also benefitting here and is third in the league in RBI.

Bassitt got though seven, so only Lugo and Diaz had to also pitch. Diaz was used for the second straight game, which is unusual for Buck. He is surely out for tomorrow, and Lugo also probably is. I think Smith and Ottovino are going to be the guys to get through innings 8 and 9. Guessing Hunter will be used if we need someone in the 7th (highly likely with Peterson pitching).

Williams will come in if Peterson gets knocked out early and Medina might be needed to finish up the 5th inning.

We are probably going to need to get 4 or 5 runs to get a sweep.

Good to hear Holderman will be rehabbing soon in Syracuse.

Scherzer felt a little sore about making his rehab start and the Mets, smartly being conservative here, are going to have him make another one before he gets called up. It will be interesting where that start is made. I believe the Syracuse Mets return home after this weekend. If he had his normal 4 days rest, he would pitch tomorrow. But I am guessing with him still being sore, he might will start on Tuesday night (Monday is a travel day for Syracuse) in the Salt City. That would be cool. We get Max once and maybe Jake once or twice and it will help make this a special year here.

The Mets what is known as a 'run rich environment'. With their on-base percentage and aggressive baserunning, (not just steals), they set up a lot of scoring situations so if you manage to get a hit, there's a good chance somebody's going to score.

"Scherzer felt a little sore about making his rehab start." Did you mean "after making his rehab start"?

Syracuse Mets Schedule | Schedule

Salina, NY 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel | Weather.com
(Might need a light jacket)

I'll be in 213, Row 5, Seat 1. Should have a good view of Max if he's pitching. And, if he isn't, I'll have fun at the ballpark anyway. I always do.

The Mets play tomorrow in a weird noon game. My understanding is that it is going to be streamed on the Peacock network. Normally you can watch Peacock shows as long as you have a valid cable subscription, but their MLB games require Peacock premium. You gotta pay $4.99 to watch this one.

I hope I am not right on this.

The Mets play tomorrow in a weird noon game. My understanding is that it is going to be streamed on the Peacock network. Normally you can watch Peacock shows as long as you have a valid cable subscription, but their MLB games require Peacock premium. You gotta pay $4.99 to watch this one.

You are correct about Peacock. Although if you are a Spectrum customer, back in December, they offered Peacock for a full year at no additional cost. Not sure if you can still take advantage of that or not.

Yeah the streaming options and constant changes to subscription requirements has gotten out of hand. It's ridiculous.

You are correct about Peacock. Although if you are a Spectrum customer, back in December, they offered Peacock for a full year at no additional cost. Not sure if you can still take advantage of that or not.
I have Peacock. I think you need Peacock Premium. At least with the games on Apple TV, they were free. Hate what MLB is doing.

My thoughts on streaming.. if you add up all the money i pay for streaming in a month it still is less than I spent on lunches when i had to go to work 5 days a week. $12 meals at Macd one time pays for 2 streaming services for a month.
$5 to watch a ball game is pretty good when we used to pay like $50 to see one SU random game vs Minn that we got screwed over by Refs once again.

Sounds like Spectrum customers can get it then. I will know for sure in about 8 minutes.
Yes I just had to take a few steps to change my Peacock account from free access to Premium and sync with my Spectrum account.

If you're adventurous you can stream the game live here. Have an adblocker and don't click on anything but the the actual game stream. You can close the chat.

I've been watching games on the site since early in the season and haven't had a problem

MLB66 | MLB Streams

I can't gaurantee the safety of the site, but check this checker out.

Google Transparency Report

Last edited: