2022 Mets thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

Nice win.. not a fan of the bullpen drama but at least saved using our primary guys. Medina can be pretty good but still too wild at the moment. Really sucks about Holderman we need some help before the deadline. Probably just one or two guys max.

Braves lose again Mets up 3-0 Walker in control at least so far.

Lindor not hitting for average at all and not great OPS but getting it done with runners on base. 2 run homer today which should drop him into sole position of 4th in league in RBIs for the moment with Pete leading and going back and forth with Ramirez

Braves lose again Mets up 3-0 Walker in control at least so far.

Lindor not hitting for average at all and not great OPS but getting it done with runners on base. 2 run homer today which should drop him into sole position of 4th in league in RBIs for the moment with Pete leading and going back and forth with Ramirez

3-1 now with a guy one second in the 7th. Have to squeeze out another. That's what we do...

3-1 now with a guy one second in the 7th. Have to squeeze out another. That's what we do...

Good battling by Drew. Even beat up by injuries the Marlins are almost always tougher than their record and aggressive on the bases.

McCann coming back will be nice. 5 SB given up. Diaz comes through with a bit too much drama.

3-2 final. Another series won. 44-23. :)

I hate the phrase "That run means nothing". Up 3-1, the Marlins have a guy on third with nobody out and Gary says, "That run means nothing". That run has got to score to make the next one the tying run and the following one the go-ahead run and any beyond that insurance for the Marlins. The only time a run means nothing is in the bottom of the 9th or an extra inning when you either have tied the game and have the winning run on or have tying and winning runs on. Anybody beyond that represents a meaningless run, (and must not get picked off, etc. because he doesn't have to score).

Bugs the heck out of me. :mad:

From your lips to god’s ears. Four game series so still a chance for a split. Hopefully they wrap up this series tomorrow and go for the sweep Monday.

I stand corrected. Unusual to have a Friday-to-Monday series.

From your lips to god’s ears. Four game series so still a chance for a split. Hopefully they wrap up this series tomorrow and go for the sweep Monday.
Another gritty win in a season full of them.

The game today is going to be a tough one to win. The Marlins have their ace pitching, and he is very good. We have Bassitt pitching, who has been struggling some (but was great last time out). Plus we burned our top two relievers to get the win last night.

Probably need Chris to get through 7 to have a realistic chance to win. Maybe use Hunter for the 8th and Ottovino for the 9th.

Alcantara is very good and has been dominant recently. He given up 2 runs total in his last 3 starts.

But Łopez has also been pitching well and the.Mets found a way to beat him. But I think Sandy is better. Might be the best starting pitching in the NL so far this season.

Ottovino pitching the 9th.

Thought most of the blame for all the SBs was on the Met pitchers, who let the Marlin base runners get enormous leads too often. This is something to watch today. I think Peterson is quite good at holding runners. Buck almost never calls for pitchouts. He might want to do this once or twice. Though with David’s control problems, that is going to be scary.

The game today is going to be a tough one to win. The Marlins have their ace pitching, and he is very good. We have Bassitt pitching, who has been struggling some (but was great last time out). Plus we burned our top two relievers to get the win last night.

Probably need Chris to get through 7 to have a realistic chance to win. Maybe use Hunter for the 8th and Ottovino for the 9th.

Alcantara is very good and has been dominant recently. He given up 2 runs total in his last 3 starts.

But Łopez has also been pitching well and the.Mets found a way to beat him. But I think Sandy is better. Might be the best starting pitching in the NL so far this season.

Thought most of the blame for all the SBs was on the Met pitchers, who let the Marlin base runners get enormous leads too often. This is something to watch today. I think Peterson is quite good at holding runners. Buck almost never calls for pitchouts. He might want to do this once or twice. Though with David’s control problems, that is going to be scary.
Marlins seem to kill the Mets year after year with aggressive base running. Luckily that’s that only way they seem to be able to generate runs.

Marlins seem to kill the Mets year after year with aggressive base running. Luckily that’s that only way they seem to be able to generate runs.

Yeah it's Deja Vu with them every year...

Yeah tough one today. Marlins are missing two key bats though so if Bass is still back on track and we can keep it tight and do enough to force them to go to their pen before the 8th I like our chances. They've gone fairly deep into the pen already games 1 and 2 and ours should be better rested.

Do we need to trade for a pitcher with two Cy Young winners about to rejoin the team in the near future?

Do we need to trade for a pitcher with two Cy Young winners about to rejoin the team in the near future?

Good question. I think the pen seems a better target than a starter. deGrom, Scherzer, Carrasco, Bass and Walker with Peterson for depth and long relief to me seems just fine. Rotation shrinks come playoffs anyways.

Last edited:
Just a couple things.

Escobar doesn't look fully right yet.

Plummer after a great start really struggling now.

Rogers for Miami tomorrow is good for us. He hasn't been very effective at all. Good chance to put up some numbers and win the series.

Think most of us had a feeling the Mets weren’t taking this one today. Can’t expect our hitters to put up 10 runs every game to supplement the overworked bullpen. Hopefully we regroup and take the series tomorrow.